Page 2 of 171 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Bells
    3DS
    2552-4311-7997
    Items: Valentine's Rose
Gift received at 02-14-2017, 09:40 AM from ThatOneMarshalFangirl
    OH DEAR GOD.
    This is coming 3 years too late but it's SO EXCITING. It's a game changer - it'd be so much easier to get dreamies (which, is kinda too bad, as I already have most of mine....)
    I can't believe they're updating it this late after release. I never expected a New Leaf update! I hope we get to see more new content. I'm very curious to see what the cards and amiibos will do... And now I need to keep collecting them

Bells
    3DS
    3539-8918-2493
    Items: Holiday Candy CanePavéTasty CakeTasty CakeTasty CakeTasty CakeTasty CakeTasty CakeTasty CakeTasty CakeTasty CakeTasty Cake
Gift received at 08-01-2016, 07:54 PM from Skweekerz
    Quote Originally Posted by WeiMoote View Post
    This is gonna be a huge game changer...

Still, I wonder if it'll include anything else, or it'll be exclusive to Amiibo card users. There is an unique piece of furniture from HHD in that pic with Wisp. So maybe NL will get new furniture?
    Oh wow. THIS would be great!
    So petrified, I’m so scared to step into this ride
    What if I loose my heart and fail the climb
    I wont forgive me if I give up trying

Bells
    3DS
    2552-4311-7997
    Items: Valentine's Rose
Gift received at 02-14-2017, 09:40 AM from ThatOneMarshalFangirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixr View Post
    Oh wow. THIS would be great!
    YES PLEASE! The HHD exclusive items are so so so pretty.

Bells
    3DS
    0190-2977-0023
    Items: Holiday Candy CaneWinter Mittens
    When I saw this news I was just shocked...In a positve way! Because I never thought NL would get
    an update after 3 years. I really happy about this!

Quote Originally Posted by WeiMoote View Post
    There is an unique piece of furniture from HHD in that pic with Wisp. So maybe NL will get new furniture?
    Do you mean the table? Because that's definitely an item, which you only get in HHD:

Name:  !happy-home-designer-may-31-3.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  24.1 KB
    (At least I think that that's the table we see on the pic which Wisp)

It would be really amazing if we get also a lot of the new items from HHD with this update. D:

Bells
    NN ID
    Tikikata
    3DS
    0903-3318-0148
    Items: Yellow PansyRed PansyWhite PansyMay Birthstone (Emerald)January Birthstone (Garnet)Tasty CakeOrange (Fruit)Pear (Fruit)Yellow Candy
    Nintendo understands that Amiibo Festival and Happy Home Designer were not as popular as their main series games, especially New Leaf. I am very happy they decided to come back to it after the time it's been out to update it to include amiibo functionality. Scan cards to get villagers? I wonder if this will make it easier to earn dreamies? This is crazy awesome!
    闘え、信じるもののためにーーー。 "Fight for what you believe in..."

Avatar and signature banner made by me!

Bells
    3DS
    3196-4978-3919
    Items: Holiday Candy CanePear (Fruit)Tasty Cake
    I am . . . really not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, it's great to have the amiibo cards serve some other purpose. (I never bought HHD, so I still don't have any cards at all.) On the other hand, villagers-on-demand does seem to take some of the fun and magic out of the game. I enjoy both the randomness of the original game and the fun of trading with others. If everyone's now going to be obsessively collecting these cards, it seems like the game will be a bit too easy to control. Someone's going to get the Fauna card and just be churning out Faunas for other players. But hey, maybe other people will enjoy that new style?

I would, however, LOVE to see some of the items and customization abilities from HHD appear in NL.

OH MY GOSH I'M SO EXCITED????

Only thing is that it's a really long shot but I wish that maybe they would give like. an extra home slot or two to people with amiibo cards or something? Because I already have more dreamies than I have room for but none of them are in my amiibo card collection yet

- - - Post Merge - - -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...g-a-big-update Okay so there appears to be a larger version of the same ad in this article, does anyone else see Callie and Marie almost looking like villagers?? I'm sure that can't be it but I would cry if that was it
    Lunavila: Dotty, Felicity, Marcie, Opal, Marcel, Monty, Marina, Eunice, Deirdre, Francine
    DA: 4A00-000F-8953

Drowsy: Kiki, Inkwell, Deli, Amelia, Sprinkle, Lucha, Muffy, Bam, Pashmina, Julian
    DA: 4F00-000F-9792

Dreamy: Alice, Diana, Cranston, Snake, Freckles, Katt, Static, Pinky, Jeremiah, Baabara
    DA: Just started the town, dream suite not available!

Solavila (Wild World): Samson, Rasher, Jay, Lucky, Drake, Portia, Deena, Gabi

Bells
    3DS
    4442-2636-7865
    Items: White Feather
Gift received at 09-03-2016, 02:00 PM from CrashPink Feather
Gift received at 08-21-2016, 09:01 AM from UniversaljellyfishValentine's Rose
Gift received at 02-14-2016, 02:27 PM from kanvrises
Message: To the best sister in the world! Happy Valentines Day :DBlue Feather
Gift received at 12-30-2014, 08:30 PM from Kevinnn
Message: Blue feather for the pink sugar cub ❤Togepi Easter Egg
Gift received at 04-19-2014, 07:17 PM from Universaljellyfishど
Gift received at 12-04-2012, 11:07 PM from Kevinnnう
Gift received at 12-04-2012, 11:07 PM from Kevinnnつ
Gift received at 12-04-2012, 11:07 PM from Kevinnnぶ
Gift received at 12-04-2012, 11:07 PM from Kevinnn
Gift received at 12-04-2012, 11:07 PM from Kevinnn
Message: hi baby, you make the grass and the tress greener, my sunshine 💚
    I'm not okay with this. /sob
    Kevin is my favourite 💜

Dobie is back ohmmmg

I'm very, very excited for this. I'm not bothered by how it's amiibo cards only either. The cards cost $5 anyway.

I especially am so happy they're including a feature where you can use amiibo cards to get your favourite villagers. It feels like I can finally get the villagers I want without having to look for them for so long.

I can't wait! I've never been into the whole amiibo thing, but it sounds like it could be pretty fun.