New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Am I the only one more excited about the new furniture? HHD wasn't my favourite game, honestly found it quite boring, but MAN. The food items it had. Need.

I love the trumpet and saxophone they added.

...But I can't feel excited, not only because I don't know if they will be added, but will it even be possible to get them without spending a fortune?

I love the trumpet and saxophone they added.

...But I can't feel excited, not only because I don't know if they will be added, but will it even be possible to get them without spending a fortune?

I'm hoping that the new items will just be added to Nook's with the update but I also wouldn't rule out them coming with the villagers.

Vivian (formerly Vanessa) was an unreleased villager found in HHD data. Going by that, we can also expect: Hornsby, Spike, Paolo, Tybalt, Weber, Kamboko, Monpe, Stella, Rex, Sandy, Huck, Piper, Billy, Ursula, Gonzo, Boots, Murphy, Buzz and Sprocket.

That's 20.

Plus the 6 that were released in HHD - Carrie, Maddie, Claude, Louie, Felyne, and Filly.

That's 26.

We now know about Ike, Ellie, Boyd, and Hopkins as well. That's 30. Plus the 2 Squirrel Squid Sister villagers, which makes it 32, assuming they get cards.

So 18 "new" villagers to speculate on.

I may just buy the game again with the update preinstalled.

Last edited:
Villager Fan, same here, I hope ACNL will get a price drop in UK as well, I wanted to buy a second copy long time ago so that would be perfect :)

We got a more clearer picture of our hippie puppy!

3DS_AnimalCrossingNewLeafWelcomeamiibo_Scrn_01_1-6x.jpg

I was all too excited for a New Leaf update, until I heard it was just Amiibos. God, I'm sick of Amiibos. Even if they added anything of value in this update, you'd have to be lucky to get it through those card sets. Nintendo has gone over the edge with this. Amiibo card sets are no different from bad DLC.

So, you were all too excited for the Autumn update that was said to be focused on Amiibo support when it was announced, but now you're no longer excited because it has been said that it is an update focused on Amiibo support? You're a victim of your own hype and ignorance.

And as for your complaints about card packs and not getting the specific card you want, this site should quell those worries.

Anyone that is feeling disappointed over the news today only have themselves to blame, for the content of this coming update was all spelled out during the reveal; You let your own hype convince you it would be more than what it is and for that, you only yourself to blame.

Last edited:
So, you were all too excited for the Autumn update that was said to be focused on Amiibo support when it was announced, but now you're no longer excited because it has been said that it is an update focused on Amiibo support? You're a victim of your own hype and ignorance.

And as for your complaints about card packs and not getting the specific card you want, this site should quell those worries.

Anyone that is feeling disappointed over the news today only have themselves to blame, for the content of this coming update was all spelled out during the reveal; You let your own hype convince you it would be more than what it is and for that, you only yourself to blame.

OMG. Lol. Before you get all high and mighty on your high horse there, you need to consider the context of when and how the news was revealed to me.

The news was new to me when watching the Direct this morning. Truth be told, I might have heard about this update before, but it was so long ago that I completely forgot about it. So guess what? When I watched the Direct, it was new news to me. And they started off the segment speaking of a new update coming to New Leaf and then after that specifying it was Amiibo-related.

In that short period of time before the update was revealed to be purely-Amiibo related, it's natural that one might have room to get a little excited, and I did. Excuse me for that. Next time I'll use psychic powers to know what they're going to talk about so I don't get excited at all.

I'm just happy we're getting an update at all. I'd rather get an update to a game I already own than wait for a whole new game (that I'd have to buy with money I don't have). I have all the Amiibo cards of the villagers I like (including dreamies), so all that shouldn't be a problem. I'm just hoping this update will make me want to play the game again and even spark more of those late-night sessions with friends. Good summer memories.

And for anyone complaining about the price of card packs, yes, ebay is the solution. I found all of the select cards I wanted for about $1 each.

This. Exectly what I was thinking.
And, Envy, if you "only found out about the update during today's Nintedo Direct" you may want to refrain from posting "I was too excited about the update and this ND changed it". If someone needs to get off their high horse it's you.

This. Exectly what I was thinking.
And, Envy, if you "only found out about the update during today's Nintedo Direct" you may want to refrain from posting "I was too excited about the update and this ND changed it". If someone needs to get off their high horse it's you.

I didn't say that, though. What I said was "I was all too excited for a New Leaf update, until I heard it was just Amiibos." No where does that say "I was excited for this New Leaf update, until this Direct". That is reading it completely out of context.

I can understand how someone might have read it a little out of context the first time, but I provided the context in my last response, which you apparently read. It should be clear what I said and meant now. Yet, your paraphrasing completely misrepresented what I said. Please watch where you point your finger. I do not have a high horse. I just have an opinion. I would say it's pretty obvious that someone who comes in and takes a post out of context just so they can make a point about how that 'group' of people only has themselves to blame is the definition of being on a high horse. But that's water under the bridge now, as I understand how someone could have taken my original post out of context, seeing as apparently this update being about Amiibos was common knowledge around these parts, but not to me.

Last edited:
That's not cool at all. They don't even let you choose what you get, you buy a pack of Amiibo cards and hope that you'll get what you want. In the end, you could spend $100 and still not get what you want.

It's randomized DLC, which is a complete and total nightmare if you want something specific.

Like say they add the trumpet and saxophone to New Leaf via this method. I would LOVE to have them in my New Leaf game, but I am not going to spend a fortune to do so. I know darn well I would be spending a fortune to do so if I tried.

I think it was for non Animal Crossing Amiibos

I think it was for non Animal Crossing Amiibos

Oh? Did they mention that later or was I just so spaced out during the presentation that I didn't even notice it? I missed most of the Direct because I had to go class. I caught the AC section and then had to go.

I don't get why people are saying Amiibos are just a way of getting money, like ???? They're a company it's how they stay in business

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh? Did they mention that later or was I just so spaced out during the presentation that I didn't even notice it? I missed most of the Direct because I had to go class. I caught the AC section and then had to go.

From the Amiibo site

"Expand your Animal Crossing™ horizons with a free update, coming this fall! Once installed, all Animal Crossing amiibo™ figures and cards will be compatible with the game. Tap your favorite villagers’ amiibo cards to invite them to come visit your town. You can also tap select amiibo from other series to get new furniture themed to those characters!"

I wonder what the other series of Amiibo may entail...

Like if you tap in, let's say, Luigi, you may get a Poutrigust 4000 furniture item? Tapping in Kirby nets you a Warp Star furniture item?

Back