New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Guys, there will be a whole Mini-Direct only for New Leaf later this fall! We didn't get a lot of footage in this Direct, but we did get a few interesting things. :eek: I can't wait to see more!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, that's so cool! :D

Yes! I'm not sure to understand it though... xD

Guys, there will be a whole Mini-Direct only for New Leaf later this fall! We didn't get a lot of footage in this Direct, but we did get a few interesting things. :eek: I can't wait to see more!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes! I'm not sure to understand it though... xD

It was explained quite briefly, not much detail but I can't wait. Will this feature come with the amiibo update, I'm going to assume that it does. Didn't quite catch everything she said. :confused:

Have we all seen this on the Animal Crossing FB page? New villagers! :D
ScreenHunter_257 Sep. 01 15.40.jpg

Last edited:
I was all too excited for a New Leaf update, until I heard it was just Amiibos. God, I'm sick of Amiibos. Even if they added anything of value in this update, you'd have to be lucky to get it through those card sets. Nintendo has gone over the edge with this. Amiibo card sets are no different from bad DLC.

I was all too excited for a New Leaf update, until I heard it was just Amiibos. God, I'm sick of Amiibos. Even if they added anything of value in this update, you'd have to be lucky to get it through those card sets. Nintendo has gone over the edge with this. Amiibo card sets are no different from bad DLC.

You can get different items depending on which Amiibo you put on which is cool

This looks pretty great but im concern about what happen with the people that already have his 10 dreamies and his town (in some kind of way) complete. I mean, i like one of the new villagers and i can't get him/her because i like my actual 10. I really hope they clear everything about this in the next Mini Direct.

In other way in one trailer (not the Direct Trailer) you can see Wisp transforming into Blathers. Is that mean that you actually made that the principal characters can live in your town???

And it seems that items of HHD will be available in this update, juat take a look at the cards.

In other news... The Direct it's coming November 2nd.

Last edited:
Looks like we're finally getting some e+ villagers! So excited!! Wish it was coming sooner though :(

Last edited:
A couple of my favorites have moved out already so I hope this is a way to bring them back. I can't cycle through loads more villagers to bring back Agent S, I really hope I can get her card and then bring her back to my town that way.

A couple of my favorites have moved out already so I hope this is a way to bring them back. I can't cycle through loads more villagers to bring back Agent S, I really hope I can get her card and then bring her back to my town that way.

I dont think they'll take away the villager cycle, however having her card for when you do cycle through 16 villagers will probably be your best bet in obtaining her again.

All in all Im going to agree with others and say that the update probably wont be as HUGE as people are speculating it to be. Like anything people are going to hype it through the roof since people are wanting a new game soon. It would be cool for them to bring some of the new furniture seen in HHD to the game, but Im honestly not too sure on how likely that will happen. We will just have to wait and see for the Nintendo Direct episode on it this Fall (Im guessing October/November?)

They did say other new features...

Whatever those new features may entail, we're not that sure.

Wait, what?! And there I went thinking the update was only going to be the amiibo when they actually introduce 50 new villagers and HHD items. Wow.

From what they said it Direct I doubt there will be anything more than adding villagers through amiibo and some new furniture to buy.
I wonder if we'll be able to update before 25th of November or will they drop it in the eShop on the same day as the game release.

Who is Wisp?

You can get different items depending on which Amiibo you put on which is cool

That's not cool at all. They don't even let you choose what you get, you buy a pack of Amiibo cards and hope that you'll get what you want. In the end, you could spend $100 and still not get what you want.

It's randomized DLC, which is a complete and total nightmare if you want something specific.

Like say they add the trumpet and saxophone to New Leaf via this method. I would LOVE to have them in my New Leaf game, but I am not going to spend a fortune to do so. I know darn well I would be spending a fortune to do so if I tried.

Am I the only one more excited about the new furniture? HHD wasn't my favourite game, honestly found it quite boring, but MAN. The food items it had. Need.

Back