• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

i hope you can invite special animals like resetti, but i dont think thats gonna happen.

I can't wait for Nintendo to give us more info about this. Maybe a video? Please Nintendo

really, REALLY hoping they add furniture or anything else alongside the amiibo support! >_<;;; /wishful thinking

I expect furniture from the amiibos, or for the amiibos to give a piece of the furniture already in game. Splatoon villagers give new furniture but tbh I think Nintendo's gonna be lazy on this.

I hope the 16 cycle doesn't apply
This. I'm hopping to get Goldie back. But if it doesn't, i have some other villagers in mind.
I'm also hoping for a little more furniture, but I'm sure that'll happen.

One thing I'm hoping for, and it's a big stretch, is more dialogue. This is something I always felt they should update at least once. Now seems like a good time.

This vision popped up into my head a few days ago:

- You have an Amiibo card
- You get your Dreamie to go to your campsite
- You play games, they say they want to move in, they say yes!
- Following morning, you go to Isabelle in the Town Hall. Isabelle exclaims surprised, and tells you, Oh, Mayor! A new villager is moving in tomorrow! Let's go find a place to build!
- You walk around with Isabelle just as if this were a PWP. You talk to her, and she tells you either yes or no. If yes, she shows you the classic vision of the future PWP, only this time it is the villagers house. If you say yes, the plot is placed.

This is my constant dream. To end the struggle of the plot reset.

AND NEW LEAF HAS BECOME ONE STEP CLOSER TO UTOPIA.

Oh please Oh please Oh please Oh please Oh please Oh please
(i'm going to TT and find Wishy and this will be my wish!)

p.s. oh and END the 16 Cycle!!! End it! Let them move back in!!

Last edited:
I'm doubtful about this update. All Nintendo said it was gonna do was include Amiibo compatibility, yet we keep coming up with more and more things to add. I'm terrified we're all gonna be disappointed when the update comes :(

Does anyone know whether this will be compatible with an NFC reader that I use for Happy Home Designer? Should be the same, right?

I'm sooooo excited for this! Finally my amiibo cards will have a chance to be useful and not just sit in their album all day collecting dust. :p

Just a heads up for everyone, there is a new Nintendo Direct this Thursday that focuses entirely on the 3DS. We may be getting more news on this there.

I might also add that this is a worldwide Direct, so every region is going to get news. Usually when Nintendo does this, they have something big to announce, so I would think it's a pretty safe bet that we will be getting news of this update rolling out this week.

Last edited:
Just a heads up for everyone, there is a new Nintendo Direct this Thursday that focuses entirely on the 3DS. We may be getting more news on this there.

I might also add that this is a worldwide Direct, so every region is going to get news. Usually when Nintendo does this, they have something big to announce, so I would think it's a pretty safe bet that we will be getting news of this update rolling out this week.

I was about to post this! I'm so excited for this Direct!

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Seems a safe bet to expect this update to be mentioned in it; although it could just be a quick recap and not new info. The only announcement has been a casual Facebook/Twitter update basically, so they would want to reach more people in a Direct.

Does anyone know whether this will be compatible with an NFC reader that I use for Happy Home Designer? Should be the same, right?

Definitely. The NFC reader is used for all sorts of 3DS games with amiibo support, not just HHD.

This'll give me the excuse to buy an NFC reader and some amiibo cards ^^"

Totally getting my hopes up for the Nintendo Direct in a few hours!! Are you excited?

Guys, don't forget to watch today's Nintendo Direct! It starts in 50 minutes. :blush:

Back