New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

I've heard that if you got the police station with Copper, you won't get his RV by random, and same with Booker
But it's just a theory.
I have Copper in the police station and Booker has visited two times in an RV.

I did get Copper as the daily RV visitor several times, since I went with Booker's police station. I never seen Booker in his own RV at all.

Therefore, your theory is indeed true.

I've heard that if you got the police station with Copper, you won't get his RV by random, and same with Booker
But it's just a theory.
I have Copper in the police station and Booker has visited two times in an RV.

I've also never seen Copper in my campground since I have the modern police station.

I love this new update! Although, some of my favorite glitches were removed..but I still love it nonetheless!

If only they added the ceiling items and rugs (I'm not talking about those mats)
Oh well, I'm still glad my favorite items from HHD are in NL now.

Last edited:
Another question- for the Zelda characters, do I use the statues?

If you mean by "use the statues" as like scanning the Zelda amiibo figures (Sheik, Wolf Link, Toon Link, Ganon, etc.), yes, you have to, so that they would appear in your campground :)

Is anyone else having trouble finding the Welcome Amiibo camper cards? No shops near me seem to even have them for sale anymore or on their websites at all. Sorry if this has been addressed before.

Is anyone else having trouble finding the Welcome Amiibo camper cards? No shops near me seem to even have them for sale anymore or on their websites at all. Sorry if this has been addressed before.

Yep. Tried finding some in the beginning of the month but could only find series 1-4. Not even nintendo.co.uk had the RV cards in stock :(

My boyfriend told me that he asked an EB games about it and they said that the cards were a limited thing. Not sure how true that is, but given how hard it is to find them..

You can definitely find them on Ebay. I've bought three packs so far and no duplicates!

That is exactly what I was coming on here to post too. I got into welcome amiibo a bit late and have not been able to find cards anywhere around where I live. SO DISAPPOINTING! Thanks for the info about ebay. I guess I will go there and look.

While perusing ebay I discovered the Sanrio amiibo cards (be still my heart ha ha). A quick question about them... will the Japanese and UK cards work with with the NA game player and reader?

That is exactly what I was coming on here to post too. I got into welcome amiibo a bit late and have not been able to find cards anywhere around where I live. SO DISAPPOINTING! Thanks for the info about ebay. I guess I will go there and look.

Yeah, they are really hard to find, and if the stores do have them they sell out quickly. A lot of the places I went to didn't even carry them, which was frustrating. I bought a couple at Walmart, one at Best Buy (literally all they had) but finally I found the jackpot at Toys R Us where they were selling tons of series one, three, and four.

While perusing ebay I discovered the Sanrio amiibo cards (be still my heart ha ha). A quick question about them... will the Japanese and UK cards work with with the NA game player and reader?

Yes. All Amiibo cards and figures work in every region. The only difference between a Japanese card and a NA one is the language + number of names printed on the card. Provided you can identify the villager in the card, you're good to go with the following caveat : EU Sanrio cards are sold as a complete set of 6 per pack, JAP Sanrio cards are sold with 2 blind cards and 1 sticker/seal per pack.

I got my Sanrio set from a Japanese ebay seller, I got a complete set of cards + stickers/seals for around $55AUD about a month ago. Bargain!

Last edited:
Downside of the update: I'm beetle hunting on the island and pressed A to sneak up on a hercules beetle... But I was next to a tree when I pressed A, and so I shook it and scared the lil guy away.... 1 like = 1 prayer

Downside of the update: I'm beetle hunting on the island and pressed A to sneak up on a hercules beetle... But I was next to a tree when I pressed A, and so I shook it and scared the lil guy away.... 1 like = 1 prayer

Sorry, but I don't understand how is that connected to the update?

Sorry, but I don't understand how is that connected to the update?

The WA update introduced the ability to shake trees when holding one-handed tools. The "A" button controls both sneaking (for bug hunting) and shaking trees. Before the WA update, holding a net whilst pressing "A" could not shake a tree... now it can. And it sucks.

Back