• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

I can't say exactly where the Campgrounds will spawn, but it usually tries to spawn nearest to the Re-tail shop, I think? There's no way of knowing/controlling where it goes, but it will spawn on a cliff. Unless that house is your mayor's then you may just want to move it. If it is your mayor's and the campground spawns there... oh well. Just gotta bite the bullet for that.

The campground is quite far from my retail, so that isn't it. In my town, it's just a bit north of the plaza on the western side.

You can get Harvey's items in balloon gifts as well? I just got some cans item and a unicycle which are campground items. One reason to carry the slingshot I guess.

This is probably a silly question, but hey, I wanna know: if you ask a villager to move in via amiibo card and kick out another villager, can another player ask that kicked-out villager to move into their town? (Ex., if I use Bob's amiibo card, decide to kick out Winnie, can somebody ask Winnie to move in?) They're just in boxes like normal after you're done with Wisp.

This is probably a silly question, but hey, I wanna know: if you ask a villager to move in via amiibo card and kick out another villager, can another player ask that kicked-out villager to move into their town? (Ex., if I use Bob's amiibo card, decide to kick out Winnie, can somebody ask Winnie to move in?) They're just in boxes like normal after you're done with Wisp.

Yes a person can adopt any villager that isn't from Splatoon, LoZ, Monster Hunter or Sanrio into their town. This includes the returning 50 WA villagers.

Guys, I know this has been asked many times before, but I really still don't quite understand it.

Why don't villagers that moved in through Wisp not ask me to move? I have some who moved in a few days after the update, and whom I've befriended quite a bit. They never asked me to move out, but my 'normal' move in asked several times.

Do they really not move? Or is it something else?

Thank you so much for the help

sorry if my english isn't perfect, it's my second language

Last edited:
Guys, I know this has been asked many times before, but I really still don't quite understand it.

Why don't villagers that moved in through Wisp not ask me to move? I have some who moved in a few days after the update, and whom I've befriended quite a bit. They never asked me to move out, but my 'normal' move in asked several times.

Do they really not move? Or is it something else?

Thank you so much for the help

sorry if my english isn't perfect, it's my second language

I wanna know that too. They never ask you to move out, or it's just really hard? I adopted Cece and Vich? for fun, but I don't wanna them to stay forever...

^ I heard it's harder but I don't have amiibo cards so I haven't had any experience with that. And I've heard people claiming the opposite to this but in my game the last villager to move in will not want to move until someone else either moves in or out first.

-

I feel like Normal villagers are the scammiest of them all. Poppy is always trying to sell me stuff because she knows I don't like to say "no", and now I'm in the campsite trying to get some Winter camper items and I seem to be "losing" all games that this Normal villager proposes. I think she's actually going to make me have to run to the ABD to get more Bells.

Hey, does anyone know if the polka dot TV can sit on tables now since the update.
I don't have one yet. But it was so weird that you couldn't before...

Hey, does anyone know if the polka dot TV can sit on tables now since the update.
I don't have one yet. But it was so weird that you couldn't before...

I just tried this earlier and sadly, you still can't put them on tables.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but does anyone think Katrina will get an RV in future? Or if they'll be adding anything else at all?

What with this update being three years after the game's original release, I wouldn't discount it. I just really want to fashion a room after Katrina's beautiful tent.

ETA: WARNING to those not yet in the know--if you see something in Harvey's shop you like, check Moridb.com or the acnl app. The item could show up in a regular RV for 3 coupons instead of 5. A bit of an obvious thing once you get into the meow coupons, but still good advice if you're just starting out!

Last edited:
I've never really been interested in actual Amiibos but Wolf Link and Felyne are AWESOME, so I kind of want to buy the Amiibos just for them ;A;

my home was robbed and both of my 3ds were stolen. I just lost my town that i started at launch that i never time traveled in. I am completely crushed

So my Jock of my town is Sterlin', an eagle knight. I use'd to have Knox too, a chicken knight.
My sister's jock of her town is Snake, a rabbit ninja.

I guess that confirms that my town's Nohr and her town is Hoshido!

Is there any Region exclusives lists kicking about for the Update?

So far, it's these:

- 2017 Cake (regular Japanese DLC - has not been released outside Japan yet)
- Fueki set (requires going to a Japanese Fueki store)
- 7-11 set (requires going to a Japanese 7-11)
- pen-case chair and narrow clock?? I don't know how we legitly get these Campus items.

The new 7-11 set has all of the new items that were introduced in Happy Home Designer. This includes:
- 24-hour-shop banner
- 24-hour-shop baskets
- 24-hour-shop clock
- convenient floor
- convenient wall
- donut cushion
- hot-snack case
- shop coffee machine
- shop ice-cream case
- sushi bench

I believe that's it.

Last edited:
I have a question for those who have a Marie or Sheik amiibo to unlock Viche and Epona, respectively: What are their favorite songs? I don't have either Amiibo and was asking.

Back