• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

i didn't know there were different style cards for each region but he does have some listings up from older sets - here's the seller !

There's two different style of cards with English text. The EU style has 5 different names on the cards (English, French, German, Italian and Spanish off memory), while the US style only has 3 names (English, French and Spanish).

Australia uses EU style, and I'm just particular that I want all of my cards in the same style for aesthetics. Thank you for the link... I'll check it out later!

Probably old news but I'm a returning player and just discovered we can finally put stuff on the cabana dresser :)

Does anyone know where to buy Amiibo cards? Just the normal ones, not the WA ones.. I'm pretty sure those are impossible for me to get haha.

Some stores might still have small quantities, but eBay would probably be your best bet.

Yeah I've never shopped on eBay before though, I'm mostly trying to find stores where I can go to in hopes that I'll find some. Why the heck did Nintendo have to make these things so scarce,,

Does anyone know where to buy Amiibo cards? Just the normal ones, not the WA ones.. I'm pretty sure those are impossible for me to get haha.

Really?! For me, the regular cards are everywhere but the welcome amiibo ones dont even exist! Consider yourself lucky if you can easily get welcome amiibo cards!
I'd say get them from the Nintendo site because it's more safe if it's from Nintendo....otherwise I get mine from Toys R Us or BestBuy.

Really?! For me, the regular cards are everywhere but the welcome amiibo ones dont even exist! Consider yourself lucky if you can easily get welcome amiibo cards!
I'd say get them from the Nintendo site because it's more safe if it's from Nintendo....otherwise I get mine from Toys R Us or BestBuy.

Really? Even the regular cards seem to scarce around here,, haha. And thanks! The stores that came to mind for me were EB Games, Toys R Us and Best Buy, but other than that I'm kind of at a loss l-lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

They're sold for MSRP here https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat570934

Stay away from eBay it's full of scalpers :v I sunk so much money on amiibo cards there..

Yeah aha I know :')
Thank you for the link!

I've personally bought a box each of series 2, 3, 4 and WA from eBay, without any issues. Though I bought them from places that advertised having brick and mortar stores (just no where near me), and had a long history of reviews. The price per pack for a box works out to be cheaper, and in the long run, you only get a few doubles of villagers. Plus you do have buyer protection and rights with eBay, especially if you're using PayPal.

Question...I saw someone talking about trading fish to complete their catalogs with a friend.
I know in the original version, you couldn't do that...so, did this change in the update? I assumed you still couldn't trade fish or donate to someone's museum? I know you can put them in storage now..

- - - Post Merge - - -

Question...I saw someone talking about trading fish to complete their catalogs with a friend.
I know in the original version, you couldn't do that...so, did this change in the update? I assumed you still couldn't trade fish or donate to someone's museum? I know you can put them in storage now..

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sad to say, but fish still cannot be traded between people. However, you can go to other towns that are in different seasons, do fishing for the ones you are missing, and come back to your own town to donate them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

From what I have seen there are people who have found a way to hack bugs and fish and place them as items on the ground. People pick up the items - and I think it shows up in someone?s inventory but they can not donate these bugs and fish into the museum - it either crashes your game or Blathers doesn?t recognize them.

I have no personal experience with this but wanted to help answer your question.

Iv eseen the hacked bugs, they dont crash the game. once you pick it up you cant do anything with it but donate it kinda odd lol

Dunno if people post here, but does someone have 100% confirmation regular amiibo card villagers can't move out unless you boot them, or if your town needs to be 100% any amiibo/card villagers for it to happen. Tried googling around but must say it was very dumb for em to do that but yeah moneys.... :rolleyes:

Dunno if people post here, but does someone have 100% confirmation regular amiibo card villagers can't move out unless you boot them, or if your town needs to be 100% any amiibo/card villagers for it to happen. Tried googling around but must say it was very dumb for em to do that but yeah moneys.... :rolleyes:

They can move out, but it will take them a very long time (I think I heard somewhere it took 9 months for an Amiibo card villager to move out lol). I guess the game sees it as "oh you scanned them in so we'll just assume you really want that villager XD!"

If you want an Amiibo villager gone fast, just scan in another Amiibo villager and ask Wisp to kick them out, they'll be in boxes on the same day

They can move out, but it will take them a very long time (I think I heard somewhere it took 9 months for an Amiibo card villager to move out lol). I guess the game sees it as "oh you scanned them in so we'll just assume you really want that villager XD!"

If you want an Amiibo villager gone fast, just scan in another Amiibo villager and ask Wisp to kick them out, they'll be in boxes on the same day

Yeah, I know you can force boot them with other cards and amiibos, but yeah mostly if they can ping like normally. And yeah I'd probably take in more amiibos if I had better snooty and some other personalities I need for pwps lol.

But thanks, not surprised they are being jerks like that though, shouldn't be difference cause most of the times you just move em in to kick whatever so.. eh thanks.

With the new amiibo cards it is so easy to bring in a new villager and kick an old one out. Which I love. But does anyone know if you still need to cycle out a certain amount of villagers to get an old one back? Like If I kicked Curly out, but wanted him back later using the amiibo card, do I still have to wait until I cycle out enough villagers?

With the new amiibo cards it is so easy to bring in a new villager and kick an old one out. Which I love. But does anyone know if you still need to cycle out a certain amount of villagers to get an old one back? Like If I kicked Curly out, but wanted him back later using the amiibo card, do I still have to wait until I cycle out enough villagers?

Nah I think cards skip that process actually so you should be able to move him in when you want.

Back