• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Does this apply to villagers you adopt too, or just ones you get via amiibo card?

It applies to all villagers. I picked up a voided villager from a friend while trying to get an amiibo one and she plotted perfectly along my path rather than on top of it.

It applies to all villagers. I picked up a voided villager from a friend while trying to get an amiibo one and she plotted perfectly along my path rather than on top of it.

Excellent. I just adopted someone, I'm gonna tile the crap out of my grass now lol. Thank you

I just tried the Amiibo Camera for the first time. I'm not really impressed with it tbh, it's really hard to use. You have to use buttons and sliders to adjust everything rather than dragging with the stylus (which it really should have used instead).

On the plus side, you can have 10 characters at once including other players in your town AND you can include the villagers currently in your town AUTOMATICALLY WITHOUT ANY AMIIBO.

gd6oc2U.jpg

my babies. chief is regretting moving out

I like how the expressions either linger or are continuous so you're guaranteed to get the face you want for everyone. These can be selected for each character and you can even have them sit, lie down, and the like.

All in all it's a cute little addition but I really wish they put a bit more effort into making it perfect. Or just given us the camera options from HHD...

Is it true that you can't plot-reset for them for some reason? If they appear the next day, why would that be?

I know from personal experience that you cannot plot reset them. However, you can place patterns all around your town except for the place where you want that villager to plot. It will then plot in the spot without patterns because villagers cannot plot on patterns anymore. It takes time, but it's very worth it.

As stupid as this question may seem, it's actually very important to me and my frustrated decorative plans, so please someone answer me! :) Just to know if this update of the game resolves any of those frustrations...

There are some furniture that look like you could put things on them, but you actually can't (like dressers, short wardrobes or libraries). Can someone check this out for me, please? Ones that I remember right now were the mush closet, spooky bookcase (pumpkin series), and regal dresser. Thanks in advance! :)

Cabana dresser, confirmed to work now!
Kitchen island, confirmed yes!
Mush closet, confirmed not…
Exotic chest, confirmed yes!
Gorgeous chest, confirmed not...
Blue bookcase, confirmed yes!
Sweets dresser, confirmed not...
Picnic table, confirmed not...
Patchwork dresser, confirmed not...
Sweets player, confirmed to stay on ground despite being a 1x1 item :mad:

Also, is the yut board still too big to be put on something, like the sweets player?

Is there a list of which amiibo figures will work and which ones won't?

So far only the animal crossing amiibo, the LOZ amiibo, and the monster hunter amiibo seem to work. Besides villager, smash amiibo don't.

I believe they are planning on making others compatible in the future so hopefully some of the Smash amiibos will be usable.

I think it'd be cool if we could scan them and get like a little figurine of the character or something.

Last edited:
Inkwell is always orange regardless of the color of the squid Amiibo you're Scanning.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Amiibo cards are 3.97 at GameStop right now, I'm used to using my Best Buy discount on cards and this is cheaper than that right now.

Has anyone had a scanned in villager "ping" about moving out yet? I'm super curious about that...

I don't think they can ping? Iirc your only way of getting them to leave is by kicking them out.

I am curious if you can scan in a villager you already have? I have everyone I want so I'd like to keep them from moving.

It's me or Reese have a low sale for items bought from the Campsite?

I tried to sell a item which Joan was selling and the sell price was very low.

Will scanned characters ever ask to move out? I don't want to be stuck having to scan characters whenever I want a change and I'll miss the randomness of who moves in :\

Back