New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Will villagers who moved in your town through the Amiibo functionality move out randomly like regular villagers? Does this count for Sanrino villagers too? Would this mean you can "adopt" a villager moving out of someones town like done earlier, or not?

Thank you!

Will villagers who moved in your town through the Amiibo functionality move out randomly like regular villagers? Does this count for Sanrino villagers too? Would this mean you can "adopt" a villager moving out of someones town like done earlier, or not?

Thank you!

You can't adopt them from other towns unfortunately if they move out they can't go anywhere else. You'd have to have the card and scanner to be able to adopt them.

It's very surprising... but I see the same 2 people in the van every day? Will other people show up or not? Btw the 2 people are jack and wendell. Also how to you get the exclusive bird seed tool? ;)

Also how to you get the exclusive bird seed tool? ;)

Talk to him when you catch him feeding the birds. Make sure to have space in your pocket. You can farm over and over as long as you keep it from away from your pocket every time he gives one.

Quick question: If you use an amiibo card to move a non-RV villager out (ex: I just moved in Sterling and kicked out Cobb), can someone come to my town to adopt the person moving out that same day? As in, does the kicked villager pack boxes and then can be adopted within the day, or no?

Sorry if it's been answered before!

Quick question: If you use an amiibo card to move a non-RV villager out (ex: I just moved in Sterling and kicked out Cobb), can someone come to my town to adopt the person moving out that same day? As in, does the kicked villager pack boxes and then can be adopted within the day, or no?

Sorry if it's been answered before!

I'm surprised this wasn't answered yet, but yes, someone can go to your town to invite the kicked out villager in boxes as long as they have space and not already have 10 villagers.

Gosh it's been FOREVER since I've played the game, let alone been around the forums, so pardon my ignorance but I was wondering with all this update business would anyone know if those new "Monster Hunter Stories" amiibo will work to give us Felyne? I know the original 3 (the one cat and 2 Rathalos riders) will, so I'd assume the 2nd wave that came out in Dec(?) will too?

For clarity I'm asking about the set that includes this amiibo:
image.jpg
Barioth (Glacier) & Ayuria
I may or may not have impulse bought it hahaha

Gosh it's been FOREVER since I've played the game, let alone been around the forums, so pardon my ignorance but I was wondering with all this update business would anyone know if those new "Monster Hunter Stories" amiibo will work to give us Felyne? I know the original 3 (the one cat and 2 Rathalos riders) will, so I'd assume the 2nd wave that came out in Dec(?) will too?

For clarity I'm asking about the set that includes this amiibo:
View attachment 194707
Barioth (Glacier) & Ayuria
I may or may not have impulse bought it hahaha

Yes! They work the same way as with the first batch of MH Stories amiibo. Barioth & Ayuria would also give you Felyne.

Last edited:
I've never seen Wendell show up in my campsite. Not once. As far as I'm aware he doesn't have an amiibo figure...?

I'm really confused, I've had every every npc that spawns normally apart from him. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I've never seen Wendell show up in my campsite. Not once. As far as I'm aware he doesn't have an amiibo figure...?

I'm really confused, I've had every every npc that spawns normally apart from him. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

He shows up every week or once in two weeks for me. Just probably bad luck or the randomness of it, not because you're doing anything wrong. Hopefully he'll show himself sooner.

He shows up every week or once in two weeks for me. Just probably bad luck or the randomness of it, not because you're doing anything wrong. Hopefully he'll show himself sooner.

It is weird because I've never seen his VR at all, I've rest my town as well and never had him show up there either.

That sucks, I must be super unlucky. He has a bunch of items I want-

Last edited:
It is weird because I've never seen his VR at all, I've rest my town as well and never had him show up there either.

That sucks, I must be super unlucky. He has a bunch of items I want-

I'm sorry :/ But I'll let you know when he visits my campground again so you can buy (that is if you haven't gotten the items yet that time)

Anyone know if the walk through walls with the net glitch has been removed with the Welcome Amiibo update? Doing that's always been one of my favorite parts of the game and I'd be sad to see it fixed.

anyone else notice they fixed the god awful lighting in the windows? the light would always pass through the wood but it only passes through the window now. it always annoyed me lol it looks a lot better

Has anyone noticed that in the RV area, when you press A near the campfire, your villager starts to dance???
I hate it that it only works where harvey is, but if you have a campfire in your town it does nothing.

Has anyone noticed that in the RV area, when you press A near the campfire, your villager starts to dance???
I hate it that it only works where harvey is, but if you have a campfire in your town it does nothing.

It can work with the bonfire item you can put in your house.

Booker and Copper's RVs are myth. They are lies. Lies I tell you.
Also, really enjoying the update! Feel like it's a new game. :)

I get Booker's RV frequently (like every week). If anything, I haven't seen Zipper T. Bunny for a while now. Yes, I agree that it feels like a new game :)

I've heard that if you got the police station with Copper, you won't get his RV by random, and same with Booker
But it's just a theory.
I have Copper in the police station and Booker has visited two times in an RV.

Back