• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

I don't really like the look of the Meow coupon machine. It's bright orange and sticks out like a sore thumb. I wish we could change how it looked or move it elsewhere.

I like the coupon machine. I wish we could get one as an item like the ABD. ^_^

I have conflicting feelings about the update. I mean, I love most of the new items that come with it but I hate how they are 'exclusive (if you don't trade for them) for people that put a lot real time money into the game, with buying the cards and sometimes a NFC reader et cetra.

I really love being able to scan in villager amiibos, but I wish Nintendo wouldn't have issued such a limited supply of them! Not to mention not even releasing the Sanrio cards in the US. Stores here don't even stock the regular amiibo cards anymore, and especially not the welcome amiibos RV cards. Around the time of the release I was busy with my classes, so I couldn't keep up with what was happening. It seems like every time I leave AC alone for a bit Nintendo decides to update or release new things...

It's true, I can't find anywhere that sells the amiibo cards anymore. Which really sucks because for a while I was collecting series one of the cards and then I got busy, then next thing I know it's already series two or three and I can't find anymore series one cards.

Ebay has been a lifesaver, but I'm sad I missed out on some of the other special amiibo cards, like the RV ones or the special Sanrio cards. Because now those are more expensive then the regular amiibo cards if you go looking for them on Ebay.

Anyone else notice days starting earlyer ( from tt ) because i want my scaned rocket ( for team arrow in starcity of course! ) To be in a good spot from resets but.. i set the time to 5:59 and of course she moves in and picks a HORRIBLE spot.:( same thing happened with construction of campsite set time to 5:30 its now bulid and i cant campcycle for any of my other villys ( felicity superheroes etc ) should i set the time way earlyer then normal like 4:59?

Last edited:
Hey so the gossip stone told me that once you collect all the balloon items, you can get other items out of the balloons as well. Is it enough just to have them in your catalog?

Hey so the gossip stone told me that once you collect all the balloon items, you can get other items out of the balloons as well. Is it enough just to have them in your catalog?

I assume so. I think you gotta collect them all first.

I wish there was an option to give a villager something for free when they ask for a trade or to pay money. I would prefer villagers to take something for free (and maybe increase our friendship level) than to pay me for it.

I really love being able to scan in villager amiibos, but I wish Nintendo wouldn't have issued such a limited supply of them! Not to mention not even releasing the Sanrio cards in the US. Stores here don't even stock the regular amiibo cards anymore, and especially not the welcome amiibos RV cards. Around the time of the release I was busy with my classes, so I couldn't keep up with what was happening. It seems like every time I leave AC alone for a bit Nintendo decides to update or release new things...

I was pretty sad to realize this when I bought card reader a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't played in a year and what I had read about the update didn't really excite me, but I when I saw that there was new furniture I decided to pick it back up. Now it's a mad scramble to track down the cards.

I wish there was an option to give a villager something for free when they ask for a trade or to pay money. I would prefer villagers to take something for free (and maybe increase our friendship level) than to pay me for it.

ITA!! This would be so helpful! I am all for this.

Last edited:
Hello hello! I'm unsure if anyone else has asked this because this search thread option doesn't load for me and I'm new to this site, but is it true that after the update villagers no longer just move out randomly, they have to PING you first? Like for example if I stop playing for a couple of months no one will have moved out because ive not been playing for them to ping and ask me? Thank uuuuuuuuuu

Hello hello! I'm unsure if anyone else has asked this because this search thread option doesn't load for me and I'm new to this site, but is it true that after the update villagers no longer just move out randomly, they have to PING you first? Like for example if I stop playing for a couple of months no one will have moved out because ive not been playing for them to ping and ask me? Thank uuuuuuuuuu

Unless I'm deeply mistaken, I also heard myself that villagers have to ping you first before they leave. So you might be safe just leaving the village as it is.

Now if an experienced player wants to confirm this, go ahead :p

Here's how it works when you've been gone awhile (any time longer than a week or so - could even be as long as years)

Isabelle will say you've been gone awhile. You'll walk out of your house, yawning.

At first, NO ONE WILL PING YOU. You have to go and talk to everyone outside their houses.

ONE OF THEM HAS THE PING - One of the villagers outside will want to move away. Talk to everyone, they will cry how much they miss you. Now go and hide for a few minutes - like the diving for PWP pings.

Come back on land and walk around. 99% of the time the person with the move out ping will ping you.

If you want them to move don't even bother talking to them. Talk to everyone else. Most likely someone will tell you that the other villager is moving. They will most likely be in boxes in 10 days. TT day by day to make sure.

Is it someone you want to stay that is pinging? Talk to them. Deny them moving out.

You can no travel to whatever time you want - backwards or forwards without people moving out as long as you denied the ping.

Hope this helps you :blush:

I'm sorry for being a noob but I recently saw some sanrio villagers that I'd love and I was wondering if the English version of the game CAN download the villager if they buy the card? ; v ; Or is it not possible and are they region-locked?

I'm sorry for being a noob but I recently saw some sanrio villagers that I'd love and I was wondering if the English version of the game CAN download the villager if they buy the card? ; v ; Or is it not possible and are they region-locked?

yes, any version of the game can scan in the sanrio villagers! the only snag is that you can only adopt them if you scanned in the card yourself. so if you had a sanrio amiibo card, and scanned it in, their rv would appear, and you could invite them to live in your town. say if i wanted to adopt that sanrio character, but didn't have the card, i wouldn't be able to adopt them from your town.

but yes, you're totally able to adopt them if you buy / have the card yourself!

hope that helped!

yes, any version of the game can scan in the sanrio villagers! the only snag is that you can only adopt them if you scanned in the card yourself. so if you had a sanrio amiibo card, and scanned it in, their rv would appear, and you could invite them to live in your town. say if i wanted to adopt that sanrio character, but didn't have the card, i wouldn't be able to adopt them from your town.

but yes, you're totally able to adopt them if you buy / have the card yourself!

hope that helped!

This helped big time, I'm so excited!! Thank you so so much! I fell in love with ?toile and I just know I absolutely NEED her. My gf just ordered me the card and now I have a reason to get back into ACNL.
Ahh and from what I understand, you can reuse the card right? Like if she somehow accidentally leaves me, I can always get her back if I village cycle or something? Or have things changed?
I'm so sorry for the questions, I just haven't kept up with anything and only learned of new villagers being added today LOL;;;

This helped big time, I'm so excited!! Thank you so so much! I fell in love with ?toile and I just know I absolutely NEED her. My gf just ordered me the card and now I have a reason to get back into ACNL.
Ahh and from what I understand, you can reuse the card right? Like if she somehow accidentally leaves me, I can always get her back if I village cycle or something? Or have things changed?
I'm so sorry for the questions, I just haven't kept up with anything and only learned of new villagers being added today LOL;;;

yes, you can reuse the card all you want! but if you have her living in your town, you can't call her rv up (because, ofc, she can't be in two places at once!). buuut if she ever does leave town, you can scan in her amiibo again and ask her to move in all over again- you don't ever need to cycle with amiibo cards! the minute you scan them in, they can move in, regardless of if they just moved out and you haven't cycled through 16 villagers! :)

and no worries about the questions! the update was a big one, so it can get super confusing :')

Quick question :
If I invite an amiibo villager to REPLACE a normal villager
Does the amiibo plot his/her house in the same spot or do he/she live somewhere else?

Last edited:
The new villager plots their house in a random spot. They can plot in the same plot as the evicted villager, but that's only happened to me once. Though my town wasn't littered with paths and PWPs, so there was plenty of room for them for new plots.

Back