• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Whoops, I can see it now! ^ Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Understand that when I summon a amiibo villager I can choose to replace a current villager, when I already have all 10 villagers .

So if that's true , will the amiibo villager move in on a new plot or on the same space of the replace villager ?

Understand that when I summon a amiibo villager I can choose to replace a current villager, when I already have all 10 villagers .

So if that's true , will the amiibo villager move in on a new plot or on the same space of the replace villager ?

For some reason, they like to have their plot on the same space as previous villager but they can change places. Try to plot reset first (new save file) before loading your mayor's save file, to be safe :)

You can't invite a villager that's in an RV in another town to move into your town, right?

No. They have to be moved into that person's town and in boxes, ready to move out.

Ah! Thanks! I suspected it would work like the regular campsite but faster since you can kick them out with other cards. But I thought I'd ask just in case.
:)

Can you only use Wisp once per day, no matter how many characters you have in your town? I called him with one character, but when I try with a second character it won't let me. My second character has met Wisp herself and has her own lamp, so that's not the problem.

Can you only use Wisp once per day, no matter how many characters you have in your town? I called him with one character, but when I try with a second character it won't let me. My second character has met Wisp herself and has her own lamp, so that's not the problem.
Wisp is once per day on a singular character, meaning that if you use it with one character, your other characters won't be able to use it until tomorrow.

Wisp is once per day on a singular character, meaning that if you use it with one character, your other characters won't be able to use it until tomorrow.

There goes that plan of easy MEOWs! I've been scanning an amiibo with Wisp every day for those 5 extra MEOWs and hoped I could do it with multiple characters.

It seems quite easy to get 15 MEOWs in only a few minutes with a brand new character though. Maybe deleting a character and making another one is one option.

This is probably stated somewhere already but I just learned that the game will ignore custom paths and put down villager houses over them if it finds no other available space.

I was trying to squeeze Dobie between Bunnie's house and a cliff wall, with paths covering pretty much everywhere except there and the game started to do that. I don't know why it's not putting his house where I want it to be. It's not because of the number of buildings per acre since it put the house there already but one space too close to Bunnie's house, and it's not because of the cliff either because it also put the house literally one space apart from the cliff wall in another spot in town. I guess I'll have to settle for the first one. Sigh.

I have a question about selling the town.

If I sell my town but keep the catalog, do all the PWPs that I've unlocked over time stay unlocked?
The PWPs I'm concerned about are:
1. The ones villagers request to you - YES
2. The ones from getting a perfect town - ???
3. Town Hall/Train Station Renovations - ???
4. The topiaries from Leif on Weeding Day. - YES
Reset Center also carries over to the new town.

EDIT 1/19/17: Main Street PWPs do NOT carry over. Whoever sells their town, keeping catalog or not, will have to unlock those again.

Last edited:
I have some questions about selling my town.

Do you get to keep your shop catalogue? And do you have to unlock the shop upgrades all over again?

Do you get to keep things like Brewster's or the museum upgrades?

Thanks!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't think the Main Street ones like Katrina's Shop or Dream Suite carry over. (Might be wrong about that too but idk)

I've heard that you get to keep the PWPs villagers request from you. I don't know about the others. I don't think you get to keep stuff like the Dream Suite or Katrina's.

I have a question that I can't seem to find an exact answer to.

If I update, will it or will it not delete my town? What exactly happens when you hit the update button? (I have over 1000 hours on my town and I would be devastated if anything happened to it) Thanks~

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have a physical copy btw

I have a question that I can't seem to find an exact answer to.

If I update, will it or will it not delete my town? What exactly happens when you hit the update button? (I have over 1000 hours on my town and I would be devastated if anything happened to it) Thanks~

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have a physical copy btw

The update will not kill your town. :) Your town will still be there when you boot it up after you update, as if nothing has changed. (Other than adding the new Campground area and CAT Machine in front of your town hall.)

Yeah basically the update is only improving your town. My sister hasn't updated yet but she should, although she doesn't do amiibo stuff. Still she can get NPC Rv's though

I have a question about selling the town.

If I sell my town but keep the catalog, do all the PWPs that I've unlocked over time stay unlocked?
The PWPs I'm concerned about are:
1. The ones villagers request to you
2. The ones from getting a perfect town
3. Town Hall/Train Station Renovations
4. The topiaries from Leif on Weeding Day.

I don't think the Main Street ones like Katrina's Shop or Dream Suite carry over. (Might be wrong about that too but idk)

You start from scratch.

Difference: Your town mayor has however many millions in bells your previous town was worth. Add to that that additional human characters get a fraction of those bells once they establish moving in with their Day #01.

I'm still happy with the update, why wouldn't I be? I finally paid off the house payment I was working on so I could get the inexpensive extra storage space from Nook. Really cleaned my town up of items on the ground. I also had bought amiibo cards before I even knew about the update just to have my favorite characters from ACNL on that amiibo wii u game. Then after the update when I could use the cards for Whitney, Hopper, Goldie, etc I finally got all the characters from my dream list (see sig) into the same town together for the first time. Thanks update. And I bought lots of things from the van campers, especially Jack o lantern.

I have another question actually lol

Here is my town map
AC2NL 2739.JPG

Is the campground going to appear randomly on the cliff side, or do you think it will be right next to my town tree? I would hate if it were to be placed right next to my house ><

gosh I'm so apprehensive about the update lol

Last edited:
Back