New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

While I highly doubt it, I wish the update will allow us to see our Friend's campsites while Online when visiting their towns. It'll be cool to see who they have there. Now that I think of it the new campsite is a mini village of its own if you think about it. I wonder how long they can stay in a camper and now because of that new video I wonder if the special NPCs like Nook can move into the village or they can only live in the campsite? And it's cool to see that the buses actually have designs from the villager that lives in it. Now I'm picturing a new topic on the Forums for people posting their "perfect" campsites with all of them filled with their favorite villagers. XD

Last edited:
I already have all my dreamies, so unless this adds more villagers then I won't really use this. what else can you do with those cards? I see we might get more items(yay), and maybe more buildings?

Last edited:
I know this might not be in the update, but it would be really cute to see the villagers actually reading books when they're sitting down like they did in ACHHD.

Guys, I know that on November 2nd there will be a Mini-Direct for the update in Japan, but do we know the American/European Direct date yet?

Guys, I know that on November 2nd there will be a Mini-Direct for the update in Japan, but do we know the American/European Direct date yet?

The November 2 date for the Animal Crossing Direct is happening worldwide; it will streamed simultaneously across all regions, just like the regular Nintendo Directs.

The November 2 date for the Animal Crossing Direct is happening worldwide; it will streamed simultaneously across all regions, just like the regular Nintendo Directs.

Thank you! :) I was asking because it did happen quite a few times that Mini-Directs were not broadcasting worldwide.

I'm really happy Boyd is making a return. I'm assuming he will be available through card only. :l Is it possible that someone could adopt them from another town like a regular villager? I am gonna want him so bad.

Can you show me where NoA or NoE showed a date? As far as I remember, the date was only given for Japan so far. The English AC Direct could come later. Not certain, but could.

I really hope this update could possibly change the stupid 16 villager cycle. I lost my dreamie and I really want to get him back through the amiibo card.

does anyone have a list of the villager cards? I have a few favourites from previous games that i wanna bring back into my games. For the record, I have 2 towns.

Can you show me where NoA or NoE showed a date? As far as I remember, the date was only given for Japan so far. The English AC Direct could come later. Not certain, but could.

I also knew about that date being specifically for Japan, but saw this article on Nintendo News that mentioned, "On November 2, a worldwide Animal Crossing Mini Direct will be broadcast. The exact time still unknown, however."

When I found out about the staggered release dates of the upcoming camper cards, with the USA being the last to get them (Dec. 2), I was thinking that the Direct and Update would be staggered as well. But now comes the news of a Network Maintenance for AC:NL for all regions that's just days before the Nov. 2 Direct, so the broadcast should be simultaneous but tailored for specific regions (different languages for EU, Hello Kitty mentioned for Japan, etc.).

does anyone have a list of the villager cards? I have a few favourites from previous games that i wanna bring back into my games. For the record, I have 2 towns.

Nintendo has a card catalog showing all the Amiibo cards from Series 1-4 here:
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Last edited:
thank you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

now i'll be able to get some of my favourite villager's in my 2 town's.

This image from Japan Harvest 2016 gives a look at the new Dog character

00000438_03.jpg

Back