Clothing Help identifying the original source of these dresses?

moonbunny

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
7075-5116-7425
July Birthstone (Ruby)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Hello everyone, I found these two dresses on the "Official Pattern Requests" thread, but the poster linked to their direct image urls rather than the blogs they came from.

As you can see, these qr codes are unusable due to the fact that they're partially hidden (on my comp, anyway):

tumblr_nhn0jcOYXO1su7rruo6_1280.jpg
tumblr_nhn0jcOYXO1su7rruo3_1280.jpg

If know where these files originally come from, could you please link me? Thank you very much in advance :)

Thank you for your help, but Pixiv is unfortunately too difficult for me to search through :c hopefully they're from some sort of blog and someone recognizes them...

Thank you for your help, but Pixiv is unfortunately too difficult for me to search through :c hopefully they're from some sort of blog and someone recognizes them...

can you give me the direct image links? i might be able to track down wherever they were posted

I found the source here - unfortunately, it seems that the images were uploaded that way to begin with :c too bad. There is a version of the first dress in pink with a readable QR code, though, which is just as cute imo (and you can probably even use a tool like Thulinma to adjust the pink to blue if you want!)

Edit: duh, just noticed you linked the pink one above haha. I can try to edit it for you if you want?

Last edited:
Omg, you're amazing!! Thank you so much for finding the source!! It really is too bad that these codes were uploaded that way... I wonder why. :| I tried looking for Wendell in their dream town too, but I couldn't find him. Sigh. Fortunately I found a usable qr code on their pixiv profile that I like, though.

And thank you for linking that tool too!!! I never knew such a thing existed. :O I'll try using it myself, but if I fail miserably, I will pay you with tbt to give it a go! ^^

Last edited:
No problem! So I went ahead and did the edit (you don't have to pay me since you didn't actually give me the go ahead haha, just once I got it in my head I had to do it, or give it my best shot, anyway). It was a bit tricky and took some trial and error but I think I got it pretty close, let me know what you think:

OQp4yRe.png

Also, the purple dress does actually scan! I tried it just to be sure, and I guess only an insignificant sliver was cut off because it reads fine - try using the full sized version from the source, the one in your OP might just be too small/blurry?

Edit: Looking at mine and the original side by side again... that blue is definitely off. I really thought that was the palest blue on the pallet but I'll run it through again and see if I can get it closer

Last edited:
THAT'S INCREDIBLE :O seriously, you did a really great job! I had to look at the original again just to see the difference! I cannot thank you enough for helping me make my mayor look even cuter haha :')

HTfyv24.jpg

Qsi3kaL.jpg

And you're right, the purple dress scanned properly once I enlarged the picture at the source. :D

9i7Bwkb.jpg

Also, I'm sending you tbt anyway ^^ Seriously, I really appreciate all the help!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just saw your edit, and honestly, there's no need to unless you want to! I of course can't see what the original dress looks like in the game, but I doubt the colours look much different on the small scale mayor model when I'm just running around catching bugs, you know?

Oh yay, I'm glad you like it! :blush: Your mayor looks adorable - those hats match the dresses perfectly! Yeah, I guess it's silly to get caught up in getting every detail exact haha especially when it looks fine as is, I'm probably just being overly critical of my work after staring at it for so long. It definitely looks better in the game though, and you're happy with it, which is the main thing! Anyway it was my pleasure + a super thank you for the bells <3

Last edited:
Back