• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mental Illness Thread

i think ever since i moved somewhere new ive done a lot better mentally, im no longer as suicidal anymore. and believe me, i used to be attemping suicide at least twice a month, now i actually want to live.

I suffer from MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder) or as it's now called DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) I sometimes get extremely emotional for no apparent reason. The feelings I experience is paranoia, fear, anger, sadness, or frusteration. But it feels like all of those emotions roll up in a ball together and happen all at once! There are lots of good emotions I've experienced too. Like sometimes I would get overly happy or excited for a while.

i think ever since i moved somewhere new ive done a lot better mentally, im no longer as suicidal anymore. and believe me, i used to be attemping suicide at least twice a month, now i actually want to live.

Glad you're improving ����

im diagnosed with depression and social anxiety. im on depression medication that kinda works i guess?? im not really sure xD
and i have anxiety medication for really bad days (and i use them for oral exams because HELLO NIGHTMARE?!)
having mental illness is really a living hell because no body understands you (or atleast the people im around) and everyone just thinks you are lazy because in my case i just cant get out of my bed sometimes and i cant even really describe why i just CANT.
its just really... not great... ugh
edit: oh and i was inpatient for 2months because i couldnt go to school anymore but not sure if it helped a lot

Last edited:
I am diagnosed with ADHD, depression and Short-term memory.
I just cope by listening to music that explains about my feelings.

I have ADHD and pretty sure i have some type of depression?i dunno i just feel empty at times and feel like lying down on a road but whatever. People think ADHD is all fun and giggles cause "look!i 'm so hyper and wacky!" I just wanna be normal. I just wanna pay attention be whatever my brain wants to do whatever its fine idc if i act on impulse so who cares if it hurts other do without thinking.

not doing well these past few days

I have ADHD and pretty sure i have some type of depression?i dunno i just feel empty at times and feel like lying down on a road but whatever. People think ADHD is all fun and giggles cause "look!i 'm so hyper and wacky!" I just wanna be normal. I just wanna pay attention be whatever my brain wants to do whatever its fine idc if i act on impulse so who cares if it hurts other do without thinking.

not doing well these past few days
I hope things get better for you soon!

I have psychotic depression crippling anxiety I'm anorexic and have gender and body dysmorphia I also have social anxiety and some undiagnosed symptoms and **** fr life is hard I wish I could go to the world of the witches I'm also bipolar and have did and my mom won't even take me to the doctor anymore or get medication cause it's just a ****ing phase

Last edited:
I'm not gonna go into it that much, but I've been diagnosed with general anxiety, social anxiety and depression

My doctor thought I had ADHD too, when I told him I wasn't really able to focus on my school work...but then again, I think it'd be hard for anyone to focus on something that they can't understand

I'm not gonna go into it that much, but I've been diagnosed with general anxiety, social anxiety and depression

My doctor thought I had ADHD too, when I told him I wasn't really able to focus on my school work...but then again, I think it'd be hard for anyone to focus on something that they can't understand

my therapist has told me that anxiety and depression can make it harder to focus too, so that could be a reason too? :0

I have PTSD and OCD (trichotillomania) which is blahh (and they're unrelated to each other) but I finally was able to apply for disability at work. It's retail so they don't give me really anything except for an extra break during the day and I get to have time off whenever I need it. I felt almost scummy when I applied for it, I always feel weird talking about myself in this sort of way LOL

Actually, yeah I'm not sharing this.

Last edited:
All undiagnosed, but most symptoms are there.
ADHD, BPD, Depression
My dad doesn't believe in mental illnesses so I can't got them diagnosed

All undiagnosed, but most symptoms are there.
ADHD, BPD, Depression
My dad doesn't believe in mental illnesses so I can't got them diagnosed

your dad seems rly ):<<
when school starts, do you have anyone at your school (like a nurse or even just a nice teacher) that you could talk to there or something? if you think you have these things it's kinda rly important to get treatment and help, and getting support from an adult could maybe make your dad get you to some sort of professional?
(if you cant get counseling @ school that is, idk some schools have that anx it could be kept secret from ur dad)

your dad seems rly ):<<
when school starts, do you have anyone at your school (like a nurse or even just a nice teacher) that you could talk to there or something? if you think you have these things it's kinda rly important to get treatment and help, and getting support from an adult could maybe make your dad get you to some sort of professional?
(if you cant get counseling @ school that is, idk some schools have that anx it could be kept secret from ur dad)

yeah ive been planning on talking to a conceller or teacher when the school year starts, I've never really had anyone to talk to irl about it. Like my dad, he thinks I'm waaay different than I really am. Euugghh

diagnosed with the usual, depression and whatnot

I've been diagnosed with PTSD, depression and anxiety for about five/six years now. I do admit, I am getting a lot better with coping with them, but I suppose that's what an increase in medication does. I don't really like opening up to people because of the whole 'attention whore' stereotype that goes with doing so in my previous group of friends. Does anyone else feel that way as well? But, on the flip side, if I don't open up to people, they can and will talk about insensitive stuff that just brings the memories back. Again, I do not want to say anything, and if I keep excusing myself to get away from the conversation, I fear they will become suspicious. I truly do not want my current friends to find out, because it always makes them treat me differently, I suppose.
I guess what I'm trying to ask is if anyone has the same problem and/or has a few options on how to overcome this?

Back