• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mental Illness Thread

Ragdoll

jeseth is my saviour
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Voodoo Doll
Pumpkin Cupcake
Ancient Candle
Happy Home Designer Token
Orange Mote of Flame
Apple (Fruit)
Waluigi Easter Egg
Srry if this thread aint allowed. im just.. genuinely curious. delete if needed.

I'll start but I wont say much about mine, but i was diagnosed with ADHD, generalised anxiety, depression, and BPD (which is, imo, ****ing horrible). and no, it's not bipolar disorder -.-

Eh.. come here if you need some advice, validation or to vent.. or just to talk about it or smth.

NDs also welcome~

Self-dx'd = OK!! all of you are valid :)

Last edited:
I'm diagnosed with ADD and OCD. People act like mental illnesses are cool now and they tack on all kinds of illnesses like its a competition to see who has the most. If you aren't diagnosed then they shouldn't count. Go see a doctor.

I'm diagnosed with ADD and OCD. People act like mental illnesses are cool now and they tack on all kinds of illnesses like its a competition to see who has the most. If you aren't diagnosed then they shouldn't count. Go see a doctor.

if someone feels they should be diagnosed with something, it isn't right for us to say otherwise but if someone makes it a competition, that shouldnt count... not everyone who wasnt diagnosed fakes it, yknow.

I was diagnosed with ADHD, depression, and BPD. I can agree with you that it's terrible, it's like feeling like you're prisoner to your own mind. mind always lies to you and I just feel trapped. it's really hard everyday to live with BPD and it's so hard to have stable relationships, sometimes it's just too much and you use coping methods that are not safe to deal with it. I'm nearly 20 so I'm pretty fed up with how it makes me think. Sometimes I wonder if my own friends are against me and I have to talk to myself sometimes to remind that it's just my brain lying to me, it's an endless cycle. It's hard to even be by yourself, it makes you depend on others sometimes and I've only recently gotten better with being alone. My dad was supposed to take me back to therapy to get some more medication but he disappeared. I feel like I'm wasting years of my life, and I always wondered how a brain without BPD functioned.

Last edited:
i'm mentally ill af l m a o that's fun

neurodivergences aren't the same as mental illnesses, but if you're going to include those i can say that i'm autistic. (atypical autism to be exact but Yeah i'm autistic af basically)

i've got anxiety (general anxiety and social anxiety), depression, dpdr and a bunch of stuff that may or may not be related to those things idk tbh.
but yeah being mentally ill is Great it impacts every part of my life and everything is Suffering but Yeah That's Cool.

i'm on depression meds and anxiety meds but they don't work at all (or well, the anxiety meds did somethinh, they made me into an actual zombie and it made me so tired that i couldn't stay awake. now i'm on a much lower dose that doesn't mess with me Aaas much so yay i guess (5mg/day compared to 50 mg or 25 mg when needed))

neurodivergences aren't the same as mental illnesses, but if you're going to include those i can say that i'm autistic. (atypical autism to be exact but Yeah i'm autistic af basically)

i've got anxiety (general anxiety and social anxiety), depression, dpdr and a bunch of stuff that may or may not be related to those things idk tbh.
but yeah being mentally ill is Great it impacts every part of my life and everything is Suffering but Yeah That's Cool.

i'm on depression meds and anxiety meds but they don't work at all (or well, the anxiety meds did somethinh, they made me into an actual zombie and it made me so tired that i couldn't stay awake. now i'm on a much lower dose that doesn't mess with me Aaas much so yay i guess (5mg/day compared to 50 mg or 25 mg when needed))

Social anxiety is such a hassle.. I didn't really include it in my post because I've grown away from it more, I'm left with being socially awkward from not being exposed to having real friends, I'm just terrible at talking to people or about things when I get nervous.

but I feel you on the impacting everything you do everyday. :/

The only thing I've got a professional diagnosis for is my Autism, which isn't a mental illness but it's still being neurodivergent so. and while I believe self-dxing is valid I also have way too much brain fog to do it right now, but my life WAY too closely matches the diagnostic checklists for so so so many things for me to be mentally healthy (that, along with the fact that I'm legitimately just sad or scared almost all the time haha) Like I still don't really know exactly what I've got but I know that I'm not healthy, I pretty much match word-for-word a large portion of the diagnostic checklists for BPD and Pure-O OCD, I'm dissociative as heck, I've got pretty bad eating issues (I'm like 99% sure that if I don't have binge eating disorder that I've got food addiction), I'm depressed and anxious and paranoid constantly, it's... a lot aaa

I have some anxiety issues and also some ocd/intrusive thoughts kind of thing. :<

I find that music helps, but sometimes I just listen to sad music on purpose because it helps me deal with the feelings and put it into words. Usually just walk and play Pokemon Go now though

nothing necessarily works so i resorted to just ignoring any sadness that i should feel. this results in break downs once a week or so, but i mean its better than being constantly depressed. i dont recommend doing this at all, but its just my preferred way of coping

also lol forgot but i might have ptsd, not certain because i haven't talked lots about it with my therapist and a lot of the diagnostic critera overlaps with the ones for depression and anxiety so uh idk i'll have to talk about it with my therapist, maybe getting an official dx isn't rly super important lmao..,..

but tbh even with "not that many" mental illnesses you can get a Ton of problems with it(unhealthy copig methods, social problems, feeling like crap, anxiety etc) like, for me, it impacts everything i do all the time and it has been this way for years, even when i was more mentally healthy than now.

I was diagnosed with ADHD, depression, and BPD. I can agree with you that it's terrible, it's like feeling like you're prisoner to your own mind. mind always lies to you and I just feel trapped. it's really hard everyday to live with BPD and it's so hard to have stable relationships, sometimes it's just too much and you use coping methods that are not safe to deal with it. I'm nearly 20 so I'm pretty fed up with how it makes me think. Sometimes I wonder if my own friends are against me and I have to talk to myself sometimes to remind that it's just my brain lying to me, it's an endless cycle. It's hard to even be by yourself, it makes you depend on others sometimes and I've only recently gotten better with being alone. My dad was supposed to take me back to therapy to get some more medication but he disappeared. I feel like I'm wasting years of my life, and I always wondered how a brain without BPD functioned.

O god ik how you feel. BPD is exactly like that, and personally for me being high-functioning, it is SO HARD to not feel irrationional bUT! i just cant help it ;-; splitting on someone is the worst part bc when i split on my fp for no ****ing reason whatsoever, i see them get hurt but only bc of how irrational i am acting but gfdi i dont want them to go away even though i hate them so mu h at that very moment jfc i just wish they wiuld idk, understand us more bC TBH I AM so sick and tired of having unstable relationships and cutting off ppl when they dont deserve it i am such a ****up i swear to god

srry for the random rant/vent dear, just had to let it out. im glad there is someone here who can relate.. i guess it's all right being alone if that's what makes you get better.. i only realised that recently. and i try not to get a Favourite Person bc tht makes it like 10x worse

tbh? i also dont want to rely too much on therapy and meds. last time i took meds for adhd was uh.. 3months ago and i am ok without it..

O god ik how you feel. BPD is exactly like that, and personally for me being high-functioning, it is SO HARD to not feel irrationional bUT! i just cant help it ;-; splitting on someone is the worst part bc when i split on my fp for no ****ing reason whatsoever, i see them get hurt but only bc of how irrational i am acting but gfdi i dont want them to go away even though i hate them so mu h at that very moment jfc i just wish they wiuld idk, understand us more bC TBH I AM so sick and tired of having unstable relationships and cutting off ppl when they dont deserve it i am such a ****up i swear to god

srry for the random rant/vent dear, just had to let it out. im glad there is someone here who can relate.. i guess it's all right being alone if that's what makes you get better.. i only realised that recently. and i try not to get a Favourite Person bc tht makes it like 10x worse

tbh? i also dont want to rely too much on therapy and meds. last time i took meds for adhd was uh.. 3months ago and i am ok without it..

don't apologize, it's good to see that someone else understands. it's really hard to have friends because I always have random fits of anger once we play games together and if I die or something or something happens, I get pissed and will take it out on them. I was playing league one night and just ugh, I feel like my friends don't get together anymore because of my temper. I always left every night apologizing to someone, and it just wasn't a good feeling. all my friends eventually getting cut off because of arguments and new ones come, then the same happens to them. At least my friends understand what my issue is but I still never want them to have to deal with my problems and shifting moods. I go from 100-0 and 0-100 really quickly, unpredictably.

Last edited:

also lol forgot but i might have ptsd, not certain because i haven't talked lots about it with my therapist and a lot of the diagnostic critera overlaps with the ones for depression and anxiety so uh idk i'll have to talk about it with my therapist, maybe getting an official dx isn't rly super important lmao..,..

but tbh even with "not that many" mental illnesses you can get a Ton of problems with it(unhealthy copig methods, social problems, feeling like crap, anxiety etc) like, for me, it impacts everything i do all the time and it has been this way for years, even when i was more mentally healthy than now.

ah, yes NDs also welcome.
gdi those depression 'happy' pills dont do **** for me lmao and!!!! anxiety!! pills!! are!!! too!! reactive(???????)!!! I was originally 105lbs andwent down to mid-90s-100lbs and i basically looked like... a skeleton lol just in time for halloween XD so i stopped taking them too besides ritalin.
i wish u more cheery days, ghostie ;a;

ah, yes NDs also welcome.
gdi those depression 'happy' pills dont do **** for me lmao and!!!! anxiety!! pills!! are!!! too!! reactive(???????)!!! I was originally 105lbs andwent down to mid-90s-100lbs and i basically looked like... a skeleton lol just in time for halloween XD so i stopped taking them too besides ritalin.
i wish u more cheery days, ghostie ;a;

yeah meds just arent... the best... or, i mean, they can probably be great for some people, but it sucks when they don't work and you get weird side effects.
and thanks, wish u the same !! ;w;

Meds drove me crazy. I used Adderall for a while and I became addicted to it. I liked it because it made me feel numb and I lost weight.. abused it for a long time and was severely underweight. Didn't see it because I was obsessed with my weight. After I stopped using Adderall I felt like a breathing human again lmao

The only thing I've got a professional diagnosis for is my Autism, which isn't a mental illness but it's still being neurodivergent so. and while I believe self-dxing is valid I also have way too much brain fog to do it right now, but my life WAY too closely matches the diagnostic checklists for so so so many things for me to be mentally healthy (that, along with the fact that I'm legitimately just sad or scared almost all the time haha) Like I still don't really know exactly what I've got but I know that I'm not healthy, I pretty much match word-for-word a large portion of the diagnostic checklists for BPD and Pure-O OCD, I'm dissociative as heck, I've got pretty bad eating issues (I'm like 99% sure that if I don't have binge eating disorder that I've got food addiction), I'm depressed and anxious and paranoid constantly, it's... a lot aaa

self-dx can be confusing but can give you some reasons/explanations .. no matter how much u think u have tho, u are completely valid, my friend <3
and dissociative oh my loRD i dissociate sometimes but not excessively.. i think i see different colours when dissociating, anyone have an idea if thts normal lol

it's also kinda funny your name is Ragdoll, it's how I felt on that medication lmao

Meds drove me crazy. I used Adderall for a while and I became addicted to it. I liked it because it made me feel numb and I lost weight.. abused it for a long time and was severely underweight. Didn't see it because I was obsessed with my weight. After I stopped using Adderall I felt like a breathing human again lmao

yeah this lmao
big nono for these meds too bc they make me feel high hahahh
glad to see u breathing elin XD

Back