• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Does anyone still play this on a daily basis?

Licorice

heh heh horf
Cherry 🍒
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5714-2655-1799
Toy Duck Plush
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
I'm taking a small break right now but normally I check on my town every day. My town is kinda old and I've completed my encyclopedias but it's still fun for me. I really enjoy the conversations with villagers. There is still dialogue that I haven't seen before. It always seems fresh. For whatever reason I always find myself going back to this game. I always end up ditching my other Animal Crossing games. (rip city folk and wild world lol) It's so relaxing and I genuinely love my villagers in this game. In acnl they always say the same stuff, their personalities are watered down, etc... There's just something about this game that is still very special. Maybe it's me but the other Animal Crossing games don't feel as special.

Is anyone else this way with this game?

Well ACNL is actually my first Animal Crossing game so yeah :D

I definitely do enjoy it though!

I do. My partner just loaded up last night the ACWW game he got for me for the wii u, since I've found I never play any of my WW games over NL in my DSes (I have at least 4 WW cartridges...). I've never started the wii u one despite having had for months as it just seems so.. small.. compared to NL. I love the nostalgia trip, WW was my first AC game. But not enough to go back and play those old games.

City Folk fared even worse, despite my partner buying it and a wii u for me for Christmas, I don't think I made it past February in the game. I wanted to love it. I did. But at the time, WW beat CF no question for me. After NL came out I still kept up with WW for a while but.. I don't know if I'll load them back up again or not. I can't sell them or delete my towns, so maybe I will go back.

For now, though, it's NL everyday for me! I haven't done everything like fill my catalogues or get all badges yet, as I had to stop playing for awhile due to other commitments. But now that I'm back, I can't imagine not playing daily.. until the next AC game comes out!

Last edited:
I've actually restarted NL more times than I can count! Ill send all my stuff over to my friends town then pick it up when i finished making a new town. He'd always groan and say "Agaaaaaaain?!" XD

While I don't usually play it too often, I do love it when I see my favorite villagers again and get to talk to them. Then you turn round the corner and see your... less... favorable ones.

I try to get my encyclopedia and catalog filled up, but it takes too long :(

Although recently, I streetpassed a guy (which is pretty rare in the area i live in) who started the game near NL's birth, and he had tons and tons of limited time download items! Actually all of you guys probably have them, but I was pretty happy when I got things like the rainbow screen, fireworks table, cherry-blossom clock, and palm tree lamp. I also got some japanese items that i forgot how to spell, (i think it was like kodomatsu or something) so if any of you guys want something, I'd be happy to give you some :D

I got Animal Crossing in 2002, played it quite a bit, until a beloved moved, and I stopped. But ever since December, 2005 when Wild World came out and it had the ability to go with me everywhere I went, there have been very, VERY few days I haven't played an Animal Crossing game in some fashion or another. Since 2013 I've been playing New Leaf, and I still have yet to miss a day in that game, and I honestly think after 5 years I'm going to HAVE to somehow find a way out, it's starting to feel like a burden making me play everyday because I HAVE to make sure no one is moving (that mechanic is seriously screwed up), and I'm WAY too scared of missing one, because my beloved 10 have been there for nearly 3 years now!!

I'm good about playing NL daily, but if something throws me off (like going on a trip or being really busy with schoolwork) with AC or WW I usually end up not visiting those villages for awhile. I'm currently visiting my AC town for the first time in months (there are weeds everywhere) and, as tempting as it usually is for me to just recreate towns, I'm trying to commit to the towns I have.

I definitely agree with you about the dialogue when talking to the villagers on AC. It is much more diverse and interesting. AC certainly has its own unique charm.

I still play my second GameCube town on a daily basis but it's a habit and I need to stop that. I only play my first town once every week on Saturdays. As well as that, I still play New Leaf every day but there's a good reason for that though. As for City Folk, I lost my copy years ago and I can't remember pretty much ANYTHING from my town on City Folk (I even deleted the save data a while after I lost my copy). I plan on buying the game again but I don't know if I'd play it every day even though it is sometimes my favourite game (yes, I like this game better than Wild World and New Leaf and I find this game extremely underrated. This game deserves a higher ranking than Wild World or at least Happy Home Designer in my opinion. Come at me butthurt fanboys). If I'd ever get Wild World which I most likely won't, I would probably play it only once a month or once every 3 months.

I would play my Animal Crossing Gamecube game as I adore it but it turns out that 'my' Gamecube controller (and the game for that matter) actually wasn't mine but my friend's and I borrowed it from her years ago. xD She wanted it back because she rediscovered gaming on the Gamecube but she let me buy the Animal Crossing game: 'Fine, if you like it that much' hahaha.

So now I have the game but no controller. I can't find one anywhere :( the only ones I can find are for the WiiU which is useless... It's frustrating. :/

Not on a daily basis; I just don't have time for that anymore. But I do adore this game still, so I like to try to boot it up at least once or twice a year to see how things are going and pray to whatever deity there is that Bob did not move out, lol.

to see how things are going and pray to whatever deity there is that Bob did not move out, lol.

That's pretty much me every week (since villagers seem to move out every 1 or 2 weeks without even telling you, and even if they tell you they might still move out. It already happened with Tangy).

i got in a slump when it was all snowy, so i need to get back into it now it's springtime :blush:

I don't play it regularly anymore. I've had the same town for 9 years, and I basically see it as trying to get juice out of a dried up orange. Sure, it still holds its replay value, but in some areas it's not as appealing as it was when I first got it.

Though this seems to happen with pretty much every AC game. I play it a lot for a few months, then I forget about it for a few months. I'll probably go back to playing my GCN town when the morning aerobics starts up. It gives me a good reason to wake up at 6am in the summer.

I think ACNL has definitely the best OST compared to other Animal Crossing games. By far. I never get tired to them, like I do with New Leaf songs. The atmosphere is so unique and calm that I could play that game all day long. What a pity I lost the game long time ago. I should buy that again and start playing. : ) Or go to Youtube and just listen the OST.

Back