• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Best Nintendo Console?

What is your favorite console from Nintendo?

• Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Nintendo 64 (N64)

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Nintendo GameCube (GCN)

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Wii

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Wii U

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Game Boy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Game Boy Color

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Game Boy Advance

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Nintendo DS

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Nintendo 3DS

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Virtual Boy

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

PoizonMushro0m

Nintendo GameCube fan
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Flea
Winter Mittens
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Since the most recent thread at the time of posting to do this excludes most of Nintendo's consoles and is unfairly biased, I figured it would be much more fair to include them all. What is your personal favorite?

My personal favorite is the Nintendo GameCube as that is how I got my start into gaming. I have my fondest memories with the console and I have never had a problem with mine ever.

Last edited:
The Gamecube has a lot of my favorite games and probably most cherished memories on it so it would have to be my top choice. I really like the Wii U game selection and online co-op modes it has for games like Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. U. That would probably be my second choice.

i voted 3ds because that's what i enjoy the most at the moment, it has a lot of food games and yyeah. i have owned and/or played wii, ds, gamecube, gameboy and nintendo 64. my second favourite console has to be the gamecube, it's just a great console and i loved it so much as a kid.
in my opinion some of the best nintendo games came to/on the gamecube. like, the mario kart for gamecube, the super smash for gamecube, super mario sunshine, the legend of zelda ocarina of time, tloz wind waker and tloz twilight princess. in my opinion twilight princess is so much nicer on the gamecube than on the wii. and it's not only because the fact that they make link right handed and thus mirror the whole game annoys me lmao

personal opinion, but I kind of feel that home consoles and handhelds should be split up. since I don't really see them as comparable with each other outside of purely being gaming devices. as Nintendo's actually been very good throughout the years at differentiating their handhelds from home consoles, unlike a certain other company

plus I just think it'd be more interesting to see opinions for both markets (though I imagine 3DS would win for handheld, just because last I checked that seems to be where a lot of members started via New Leaf lel)

it is me, I am the one who nitpicks every systems poll

Last edited:
This poll is so hard for me, I'm not sure I'll even be able to vote.

Nintendo 64 was the very first game console I played in my life. It got me into Harvest Moon, Kirby, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, and Pokemon Stadium which are games/franchises I still love dearly and play to this day. I have SO MANY memories with playing the 64 when I was a kid, back when my dad would play video games with me and he was super good at them too. Some 64 games are pure nostalgia, but I also still love to play some of the games seriously and still have a ton of fun.

The Game Boy Advance (and the GBA SP) took over a huge part of my "growing up" childhood and the games I had, I would spend hours upon hours playing. I was so happy because Pokemon Emerald was the first Pokemon game where I actually beat the Elite Four since I was finally old enough to really comprehend how to play a Pokemon game and be "good" at it. My GBA was with me everywhere I went. I would play my GBA on the bus rides to and from school and anytime I was in the car going somewhere. It was the perfect size to where I could lay in bed at night and play games until I finally went to sleep. I seriously loved the GBA.

Then we have the GameCube. How could anyone say anything bad about the GameCube. It was awesome. I remember my parents got one for my sister and I for Easter one year and we were ecstatic. Animal Crossing had just come into our lives and we could not stop playing it. We took the GameCube with us on every trip we went on. My sister and I would wake up hours before we needed to wake up for school just to play Animal Crossing. Kirby Air Ride is a game I can still play for hours on end to this day. Sadly, the GameCube didn't survive college when I took it to my dorm, but I still play all my GC games on my Wii (thank god for the backwards compatibility).

I'm seriously stuck between these three as my absolute favorites. I'd feel like just picking one is impossible when all three have had such an impact on my life and childhood. And the fact that all three are still being used when I'm almost 22 says a whole lot about how great these systems were and how the games they made stood the test of time. If I could vote for all three I would, but I guess I just can't vote.

My favourite Nintendo console has to be the Nintendo Gamecube as well.

I have a total of 53 games for my Nintendo Gamecube.

1. Animal Crossing Population Growing
2. Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
3. Dancing Stage: Mario Mix
4. Doshin the Giant
5. Donkey Konga
6. F-Zero GX
7. Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
8. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
9. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
10. Luigi's Mansion
11. Ikaruga
12. Kirby Air Ride
13. Mario Power Tennis
14. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
15. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
16. Mario Party 4
17. Mario Party 5
18. Mario Party 6
19. Mario Party 7
20. Mario Smash Football
21. Metroid Prime
22. Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door
23. Pikmin
24. Pikmin 2
25. Pok?mon Channel
26. Pok?mon Colosseum
27. Pok?mon XD: Gale of Darkness
28. Super Smash Bros. Melee
29. Starfox Adventures
30. Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
31. Spyro: A Hero's Tail
32. Sonic Mega Collection
33. Sonic Gems Collection
34. Sonic Adventure DX
35. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
36. Sonic Heroes
37. Soul Calibur 2
38. Super Monkey Ball
39. Super Monkey Ball 2
40. Super Mario Sunshine
41. Shadow the Hedgehog
42. The Sims
43. The Sims: Bustin' Out
44. Simpson's Hit and Run
45. The Simpson's Road Rage
46. Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
47. Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue
48. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure's
49. The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition
50. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
51. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
52. Wario World
53. The Urbz: Sim's in the City

Last edited:
Probably a toss up between a Game Boy Advance or Nintendo DS. Spent a lot of time playing Pokemon on those suckers and enjoying a lot of other games.

I voted for the Wii U simply because mine seems to have held up better than my Wii or 3DS. However, it never was that popular...

I'd say Nintendo 64 or just the Wii, both brought some real happy times :D

personal opinion, but I kind of feel that home consoles and handhelds should be split up. since I don't really see them as comparable with each other outside of purely being gaming devices. as Nintendo's actually been very good throughout the years at differentiating their handhelds from home consoles, unlike a certain other company

plus I just think it'd be more interesting to see opinions for both markets (though I imagine 3DS would win for handheld, just because last I checked that seems to be where a lot of members started via New Leaf lel)

it is me, I am the one who nitpicks every systems poll
Sorry for making it confusing! I thought I was making this thread to where it portrayed that I was talking about all of them, not just the home consoles, but to each their own. :)

Honestly, I've only ever had the GC, Gameboy Advanced, DSLite, 3DS, and the Wii. But out of all of those, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with my 3DS. My Wii comes in a very close second, since I do still play Wii games with some of my friends. GC comes third because of nostalgia. But then I got AC:GC and played it on my wii and it's great. My DS Lite was crap. My Gameboy...I don't remember it too well. I think that's it.

I voted for GameCube, that's really where I got my bearings and started playing video games more.

gamecubes great. ive never seen a broken one, i still have mine and its perfectly playable. though im sure theres one.

i have a wii u, dsi, 3ds, and an n64 (which is also still not broken), and theyre all good. some of them just have better games.

n64 is my favorite though because thats what my brother and i played on.

Last edited:
My favorite is the 3DS, plus it's the one I've sunk the most time into with all the great games in the library.

Don't kill me. ;) My favorite console I've played from nintendo is actually the wii u. I've gotten heavily into smash 4, love splatoon mario kart 8 etc. But that's cause I'm pretty new school haha.
But I feel the NX is going to incomparable. So hyped for it.

Last edited:
Don't kill me. My favorite console I've played from Nintendo is actually the Wii U. I've gotten heavily into Smash 4, love Splatoon, Mario kart 8, etc. That's cause I'm pretty new school haha, but I feel the NX is going to incomparable. So hyped for it!
The Wii U is possibly my second favorite home console after GameCube. I always feel like when Nintendo is struggling, we see the best from them. The life of the Wii U era felt like GameCube 2.0 to me and we got a lot of great first-party games on the console and a decent launch lineup (Although most of the third-party games were from the year before and on other consoles months in advance.)

The Wii U is possibly my second favorite home console after GameCube. I always feel like when Nintendo is struggling, we see the best from them. The life of the Wii U era felt like GameCube 2.0 to me and we got a lot of great first-party games on the console and a decent launch lineup (Although most of the third-party games were from the year before and on other consoles months in advance.)

Reason there Strugging is cause GC and its terrible Sales numbers ,i mean it almot sold as many systems as Sega Saturn lol
It's ugly as sin , most games were far to easy (not all but most). If you wanna thank anyone thank GBA and DS if it was not for there awesome library of games Nintendo would be history. I am sure ill be attacked for stating the truth but it had to be said.

I would also like to thank person who made thread and posters in thread for sharing there in sites into what they think.
I thank you for posting this and look forward to talking about it more.

this thread makes me sad... snes & n64 were amazing. gamecube never did get a lot of love back in the day, even though it had some really good games (so nice to see that, at least :) )

Back