• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villagers that get way too much hate

Lot of Katt defenders on here. I'll be blunt, I saw she moved into my village and I got pretty upset. Personally, I'm not a big fan of her.

The mouse villager vendetta thing is something I definitely agree with. I love Sampson and Dora to pieces- I think they look adorable. I also don't get all the Penny hate (GC, not New Leaf, but still). Come on, guys, it's just a weird old creepypasta story! She's a really cute mouse, not an axe murderer! :mad:

I also really liked Louie, too. I'm glad he came back with the Welcome Amiibo cards- I just wish he was wearing the Luigi shirt like he used to.

I once got insulted just for liking a really popular villager (Bob). So it's not only just the people who hate on the unpopular villagers that are mean; it's also the people who hate on the popular villagers that are mean as well (and the majority of those people seem to mis-use the term 'overrated' a lot too and I hate that term)! There aren't any paticular villagers that I hate. My least favourite villagers are ones who I just don't like, not hate.

Also a villager who doesn't get much credit would be Woolio from the N64 and GCN games. He is the coolest sheep ever yet I've hardly seen anyone talk about him. He should've been brought back with the update but he didn't which is a shame.

Last edited:
I once got insulted just for liking a really popular villager (Bob). So it's not only just the people who hate on the unpopular villagers that are mean; it's also the people who hate on the popular villagers that are mean as well (and the majority of those people seem to mis-use the term 'overrated' a lot too and I hate that term)

same. i've seen quite a lot of people who say "i don't like (example: ankha) because she's overrated" but who cares? everyone's entitled to their opinion, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
I once got insulted just for liking a really popular villager (Bob). So it's not only just the people who hate on the unpopular villagers that are mean; it's also the people who hate on the popular villagers that are mean as well (and the majority of those people seem to mis-use the term 'overrated' a lot too and I hate that term)! There aren't any paticular villagers that I hate. My least favourite villagers are ones who I just don't like, not hate.

Also a villager who doesn't get much credit would be Woolio from the N64 and GCN games. He is the coolest sheep ever yet I've hardly seen anyone talk about him. He should've been brought back with the update but he didn't which is a shame.

You shouldn't get so hung up on someone else's opinion though. It's okay to dislike something, it doesn't make you a "mean" person as you suggest. I will say that some are more blunt about their opinions (myself included) and maybe they can be articulated a little better, but everyone's different. Insulting another person for liking/disliking something isn't cool though, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and whether something is "overrated" or "underrated" or whatever word you want to use, it's all purely subjective. In the end, who cares? The beauty of AC is that there is plenty of selection to be had that caters to all tastes.

I haven't seen any hate directed towards other people here, then again I tend to gloss through threads very quickly. But so far from what I've witnessed everyone is pretty mature about what they like and don't like, it's partly why this community is so enjoyable to be a part of.

You shouldn't get so hung up on someone else's opinion though. It's okay to dislike something, it doesn't make you a "mean" person as you suggest. I will say that some are more blunt about their opinions (myself included) and maybe they can be articulated a little better, but everyone's different. Insulting another person for liking/disliking something isn't cool though, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and whether something is "overrated" or "underrated" or whatever word you want to use, it's all purely subjective. In the end, who cares? The beauty of AC is that there is plenty of selection to be had that caters to all tastes.

I haven't seen any hate directed towards other people here, then again I tend to gloss through threads very quickly. But so far from what I've witnessed everyone is pretty mature about what they like and don't like, it's partly why this community is so enjoyable to be a part of.

I didn't meant that you can't have an opinion, what I meant is that people shouldn't be rude because of their or others' opinion(s). If they want to criticise something, they can but they should use constructive criticism. I also forgot to mention that the only people who are mean are the ones who insult others for having a different opinion. My mistake, heh.

idk, i really haven't seen too much hate pointed toward one villager by more than one person...
but, if we talk in terms of villagers who don't get enough love, maybe, Peggy just moved in recently (i invited her from the campsite because i need a peppy; probs gonna replace her w Ketchup when i get my amiibo scanner... but still...) and she's really cute! definitely not enough love, and pig villagers don't get the credit they deserve for their lil pudgy bellies and cute noses and tails.

(#agnesismydreamuchi)

I've got another one: Becky the beautiful purple chicken. I have her in two of my villages (Granada and London) and I've grown to love her a lot. She seems to be one of those villagers people forget exist.

I think a lot of my villagers are Tier 5, 4, or 6 but I don't care. Spork is adorable; why hate him? Just look at his smile! Also, Flo. Flo is cute, too! Her patterns are really cool, and she's an uchi villager-one of my favorites, other than lazy and smug.

I think Katt gets the most unnecessary hate tbh, most people that hate on her either haven't had her in their towns or have, but don't give her a chance. Yeah, she may not have the most appealing design face-wise but it's her design that gives her the most personality imo. Given her personality, her design definitely reflects that and I think that's what people are misunderstanding. This could just be me being bias though, since I like her a lot but I feel like she needs to be given a chance a lot more often. :)

I think Katt, Tabby, and Wart Jr. don't deserve some of the hate they get from their looks D: I personally find all of them adorable. i also have seen NOBODY ever mention yuka! or any of the koala villagers as a matter of fact. are they unpopular? D: Alice is personally my favorite koala!

Last edited:
I think Katt, Tabby, and Wart Jr. don't deserve some of the hate they get from their looks D: I personally find all of them adorable. i also have seen NOBODY ever mention yuka! or any of the koala villagers as a matter of fact. are they unpopular? D: Alice is personally my favorite koala!

Speaking of koalas, i had Ozzie in one of my old towns and he was adorable!. I made up in my mind that because he was a lazy koala he was a sloth and a cousin of Leif!

I'm a member of the Katt defense squad, lol. As a kid I remember being really upset that Tabby moved into my town on GC but I love cats so I learned to like her.

I really dislike Limberg & Freckles, but I was surprised that a lot of people seem to like Freckles. I'm glad that there's at least someone who likes a specific villager, though! It makes me really happy to unload a villager who may not be my favorite to someone who really likes them on here. :)

Most of my favorite villagers are at the bottom of tier six. I could go on and on.

MARCEL and Jitters seem to be overhated.

I actually really like the clown villagers. I think they're face makeup is cute. I also had Jitters in my town, and he has really grown on me. I think since the dialogue in ACNL is so limited, it doesn't really matter if they look weird or adorable, they'll still spout the same nonsense every other uchi or cranky villager says. I also agree that the people who hate on the aesthetically challenging villagers had probably never had the villagers in their own town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Even though Julian is a pretty popular villager in the community, my opinion of him has sort of, I don't know the word but I don't like him as much since he took down 4 orchard trees from his house. That got me so mad. :(

Rodney. He looks drunk. I think he's super silly, adorable. People seem to hate him.

Barold. I don't think he's ugly at all. He's quite cute really.

Hazel. Who cares if she has a unibrow. She's adorable

Rodney. He looks drunk. I think he's super silly, adorable. People seem to hate him.

Barold. I don't think he's ugly at all. He's quite cute really.

Hazel. Who cares if she has a unibrow. She's adorable

Back