Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Here is my next contribution to the site. In your opinion, what villagers do you think get the most unnecessary hatred from players? I started this after re-reading a story someone posted told through Jambette's POV, as she suffers greatly due to her abusive mayor, who despises her. She tormented her physically, and sometimes laughed right in her face just to mock her.

Haha, when I saw this thread, I first thought of my time with Jambette.
Then I read your post, and now I feel bad...

Haha, when I saw this thread, I first thought of my time with Jambette.
Then I read your post, and now I feel bad...

She's one of the most despised villagers in the series. She didn't ask to be born with those big pink lips. That's by far the biggest reason people hate her. Some people who play this game can be so shallow, and make the rest of us look bad.

Don't forget Al the gorilla
I don't hate him but I don't like him
But yeah get to much hate
I'm surprised a user like him

Moose definitely gets waaaay too much hate. I don't have him right now because I already have too many other villagers I want to get but he was one of my original villagers in Lunavila and he means so much to me...

I think Katt kind of gets too much hate. She may not be the most appealing villager but shes not that ugly. Shes actually a really nice villager and I would be upset if she were to move of my town.

Don't forget Al the gorilla
I don't hate him but I don't like him
But yeah get to much hate
I'm surprised a user like him

Am I this user? xD

Al gets too much hate. People who hate him never saw him in-game. The pictures you get of him when you type his name on Google are terrible... But in-game he's really cool. xD

I think Katt kind of gets too much hate. She may not be the most appealing villager but shes not that ugly. Shes actually a really nice villager and I would be upset if she were to move of my town.
She really was but dat face though and fashion sense.

Am I this user? xD

Al gets too much hate. People who hate him never saw him in-game. The pictures you get of him when you type his name on Google are terrible... But in-game he's really cool. xD

Yes you are
And I seen him on the game (my cycle town) and nah
He look ugly~

i think al gets hate, i don't like him either, but not too much hate. i mean, this is a video game. although it might be abusing in real life to hit someone with a net over and over or getting trapped 24/7 because someone doesn't like you, this isn't real life. since villagers are grouped in certain categories (smug, jock, etc.), they basically send and say the exact same things, maybe the catchphrase is different. because of this, i don't see them as real people with real feelings. or villagers that are supposedly super nice. it all really comes down to looks after personality is shaved off, since they're the same anyways. that's just my thoughts, feel free to disagree, although i'm not looking for a fight c:

PKvYmEv - Imgur.jpg
When I first started playing New Leaf,a lot of people were saying how much they hated having Quillson in their town and to be honest,I didn't want him in my town either.Who would want a sad looking sea foam green duck with bad hair?A bit later I decided to start an all duck town and since Quillson was the only smug ducky in the game I figured that I should go ahead and give him a shot and he became one of my favorite villagers.

Tabby the cat needs more love.

Yah she may be ugly but her name does represent the type of cat that she is, which is a tabby. I think she is overall adorable and when I had her in my first town I was in love!

I have villagers that I like less than others, and I want them to leave so I can get my dreamies. But, I never hate them. Like I can't really wrap my head around hating any of the villagers. Like, they're all sweet. They're all programmed the same way- a villager you hate will behave the exact same way as a villager you love.

And being mean and hitting them- it's like kicking a puppy. I know they're not real, but the hurt responses were programmed really well. Idk man, I've had villagers that I'm like 'well you're not cute and I would like a cuter version please,' but hating a character just seems stupid to me

I think Hazel gets hate because of her unibrow. I find her quite adorable to be honest.

This

Also Ricky and all the mice get unnecessary hate.

Also where did you read that Jambette story from?

Last edited:
Hmmm... I'm going to mention another villager... Marshal. He gets as much love as he gets hate. Well, I can see why he gets a lot of hate. People say that he looks too plain, and looks like an 'undercooked marshmallow gremlin' (Sorry person that I quoted, I don't remember you but I'm sorry) But I personally think that he was great when I got him. He was my bro! Now, all that hate has gotten on to me. Part of me wants to put him up for grabs, and the other parts vice versa. Who knows, check the Villager Trading Plaza...

In a way, I think Marshal gets too much hate. I know he's a popular villager, but that seems to be the reason why he gets a lot of hate. He's a cute little marshmallow who doesn't deserve any hate :c

In a way, I think Marshal gets too much hate. I know he's a popular villager, but that seems to be the reason why he gets a lot of hate. He's a cute little marshmallow who doesn't deserve any hate :c

I don't really hate him, if I did I wouldn't have invited another to live in my other town. The thing I really dislike is the obsessed Fangirls, there's literally a video on the internet right of some girl marrying him. *Cringe*
You can say I feel bad for him..

Last edited:
Back