• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How many of you cheat when working at the Roost?

Poi

ηℴℸ α ℘ℴ&#94
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Mailbox
As most of you know, you can work at the Roost for coffee beans or some dusty old Cafe furniture... but let's all be honest, how many of us actually use a trial and error method when there's good ol' google to help us out?

So, down to the main question...

Do you cheat your way through the shift, or do you guess/check your way through it?

I cheat...

I really want those items *-*

but when I get the complete set and finish unlocking the items I just play fairly and go about guessing and things ^^

At the start, I panicked and guessed. But since I've googled it the first time, I can't help myself but do so. I feel so guilty!

ummmm yeah, when on the first day one of the villagers says "I'll have the usual" without a hint any sense of fair play goes down the drain.

I wouldn't call using a caf? guide cheating.
I do use a guide, use a guide for other things such as perfect town, but can see Nintendo have given us enough to work it out - gotta to keep going into the caf? & there will sometimes be a villager or a NPC in there, talk to them enough and you get a clue to their coffee preference.

It would mean taking written notes & I do enough of that already without adding in the caf?.
Once I've got all the items Brewster gives, I don't work in there much, a bit, for the beans. (its quite hard to get given the normal & good coffee beans as opposed to the superb. I've made one mistake, & still been given superb).

Last edited:
I don't have the roost yet, but I'd like to say that'll I'll use the trial and error method but I honestly doubt thay I will when it's so easy to find the coffee preferences plus by not using a guide i'd mess up a lot, and I wouldn't really want to.

before I reset, I have to admit it I did cheat, howev er this time round I think ill just try to remember their orders lol, that may be a problem though because im not the best at remembering stuff

theres like literally no way anyone can memorize EVERY SINGLE order!!, so of course, cheating is almost necessary

It's been years since I've had a caf?... But yes, I did use a guide back then. I'm still not sure where to put my caf? in my current town, but when I have it I might do it without help... It would be a fun experience, I could write down things and stuff. Back in the old days, that was the way everything went - would be fun to do that again.

My old town I was strict no cheating unless I was really stuck so I just found them all out and wrote them down
But for all my other towns I just cheated, yeah

Obviously when you want the cafe items badly, you just google the answers.

So yeah. I'm a cheater. And I don't care really :D

I haven't been to the cafe in ages, but back when I went every day I only googled once or twice when I was desperate. The rest of the time I just figured them out myself and wrote them down. It was more fun that way to me.

I do cheat but I'm slowly trying to remember the coffee orders. But sometimes it's so hard it seems unfair, like when a villager who doesn't even live in my town only tells me half of their order and I may not see them again for a year!!

I cheat, and it's usually because I can't remember what my villagers asked for before and I forget to write it down. It's just easier and less stressful for me to look it up.

All the time but I can't help it
Having town is hard

Back