• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Pokemon Go General Discussion

i'm bummed out with the na game not out yet but i'll survive, i was hoping it would come out today though, i had this cool day planned in my head

I love all the pics of finding pokemon in odd places.

Nice try nintendo you can;t make me go outside! I'LL HANG AROUND MY BATHROOM UNTIL I FIND A SQUIRTLE

So apparently it uses a username thing when selecting your name? How stupid is that??

I literally ran down my entire list of names and not one of them was available. Essentially meaning you had to be one of the first to play to get a good name.

/definition of tbt

ITS ON IOS OMG GOODBYE SOCIETY IM OUT SEE YOU AFTER I DIE A HOBO

so glad to finally get it in NA!! i missed an eevee by closing the app right as it popped up :( and i've only caught a pidgey after charmander. my house is too small for this lmao guess i'll have to actually leave the house... but at least there's a gym right next to me!

Do important spots pop up on the map or do you just kinda "discover" them?

My map is completely empty and I'm gonna be mad if I can't play this...

Still not out in Canada. Oh poooo......

I just downloaded it but the pokemon trainer club sign-up is down so I'll have to wait to play ; v ;

server is down again for the pokemon club sign up, i just used a fragrance too :C

I don't think the technology is advanced enough for this sorta thing yet. The shading on the models sucks as well. They could've easily made it so the camera view applies as an environment texture.

We all have to realize that this is a whole new thing and that it's the first day of release. There are bound to be bugs and glitches but all that will be fixed over the next month or so.

For now we should just focus on enjoying the things we are able to do.

I'm not too impressed with it. I was hoping there would be battles. I'm also not entirely sure what to do when I come to a landmark?

Found like 5 gyms already.

Last edited:
I'm not too impressed with it. I was hoping there would be battles. I'm also not entirely sure what to do when I come to a landmark?

Tap the marker and spin the disc with the photo in it for items to come out!

Do important spots pop up on the map or do you just kinda "discover" them?

My map is completely empty and I'm gonna be mad if I can't play this...

You should see them on the map already. If there's nothing there then... there's probably really nothing near you.

Also, you can try checking out the old Ingress (a previous game by the developers which used real-world locations as well) intel map to find locations near you. Generally, if it's a portal on the Ingress map, then it's a location in Pokemon Go as well. It's been accurate for me at least -- although you can't tell if it's a Pokestop or a Gym until you get closer on your in-game map.

https://www.ingress.com/intel

I played it earlier and so far I only have a Bulbasaur and Mankey. I don't exactly live in a very diverse landscaped neighborhood but I'll see tomorrow.

I've been hearing rumors that some people didn't get to pick their starter? Did they just muck it up by skipping through the intro? I got to choose from all 3 starters, and went with Squirtle. ALSO, the game came out super late tonight for me, so I can't actually go hunting until the morning and I can see the pokemon sitting in my neighbor's back yard :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

P.S. My family isn't friends with any of the neighbors really, so if there's a pokemon in someone else's yard I am screwed :(

oops, didn't know there was already a thread

i chose charmander as the starting pokemon and was somehow able to get a Paras that was supposedly on my brother's bed??LOL
it seems like a game that would be somewhat promising..

Last edited:
Back