• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Pokemon Go General Discussion

So I heard that you can no longer get items from pokestops while being driven in a car in the new update?

ABOUT TIME

Professor Willow has discovered that you may encounter other Pok?mon where Pidgey, Rattata, and Zubat were previously more commonly found.

Professor Willow has discovered that Pidgey & Rattata no longer hatch from Eggs. He also found that Eevee now hatches from 5 km Eggs only.

Taken from Pokemom go Twitter

Professor Willow "discovered" these things and now they are truth!? It sounds like the player is under some serious case of brainwashing. Find something the Professor doesn't like, and it suddenly changes.

Bringing this back to life because some Johto Pokemon have been added! Also a special Pikachu with a Santa hat that can evolve into a Raichu with a Santa hat.

I was walking down the street and I caught a 1113 CP Pinsir and I also evolved my Eevee into a 1300 CP Vaporeon. Also caught an 83 CP Pigeot.

Niantic what are you even doing lmao

ur 2 late, no1 cares about gen2 except gamers. They've completely jeopardised their casual-gamer demographic (which was like 90% of their entire market tbh)

sigh, yet another poor marketing decision from the realm of Nintendo.

Niantic what are you even doing lmao

ur 2 late, no1 cares about gen2 except gamers. They've completely jeopardised their casual-gamer demographic (which was like 90% of their entire market tbh)

sigh, yet another poor marketing decision from the realm of Nintendo.

Lol that's pretty true, though. I'm probably just gonna play for a week or two and forget about it again. When's the update supposed to come out? I thought it was today but idk?!?

They made a ton of money from this so it wasn't as bad a marketing decision as people think.

Generation Two launched late yesterday (6 PM EDT), so I've spent part of last night and most of today catching a lot of them. I've gotten all the starters so far, Mukrow, Hoothoot, Skarmory, Natu, Xatu, Sudowoodo, Sentret, Furret, Snubull, Granbul, Teddiursa, Spinarak, Aridos, Wooper, Marrill, Remoraid, and Pineco. How's everyone else faring?

Generation Two launched late yesterday (6 PM EDT), so I've spent part of last night and most of today catching a lot of them. I've gotten all the starters so far, Mukrow, Hoothoot, Skarmory, Natu, Xatu, Sudowoodo, Sentret, Furret, Snubull, Granbul, Teddiursa, Spinarak, Aridos, Wooper, Marrill, Remoraid, and Pineco. How's everyone else faring?
Got nothing.
Too lazy to walk out and catch stuff. XD

I'm glad Johto Pokemon are finally here, they will definitely give me some motivation to start playing again. So far I saw a Swinub when I checked it in a lecture - it ran away...

Also, idk if this is a problem other people have faced but I've never had a single 10km egg, even though I did play very frequently in the summer? Pokemon seem to run from me a lot too, after one or two attempts at catching even if I've used a Razz Berry they just take off. Trying to work out if I'm unlucky or if Nintendo just hate me...

Finally, Johto is here! The only Pokemon I actually want from Pokemon Go is Skarmory (it's always been my dream to get a Skarmory as a partner pokemon); once I get one, I'll probably level it up then stop playing again after some time.

I'm glad Johto Pokemon are finally here, they will definitely give me some motivation to start playing again. So far I saw a Swinub when I checked it in a lecture - it ran away...

Also, idk if this is a problem other people have faced but I've never had a single 10km egg, even though I did play very frequently in the summer? Pokemon seem to run from me a lot too, after one or two attempts at catching even if I've used a Razz Berry they just take off. Trying to work out if I'm unlucky or if Nintendo just hate me...
10 KM eggs are difficult to get, especially since 2 km are just flooded with Pokemon now. I play pretty regularly and hatch a lot, but it's just killing me by drowning me with 2 kms. Last 10 km I got was two months ago and it turned into a Aerodactyl.

I have only received 3 10km eggs and they all hatched into eevee. I mean, I needed eevee because it is rare in my area, but still. I doubt I'm going to bump into snorlax, lapras, aerodactyl or hitmons without an egg.

Haven't got the time to play the new update, because I was outside when I noticed it and couldn't update without wi-fi
Anyways as I got home I liked the new clothes very much, but got me thinking, are there new ways to get free coins? or just the old way by getting gyms???

Got a few Gen II Pokemon just walking to and from classes today - Chikorita, Murkrow, Natu, Swinub, Piloswine, Marill, Sentret, Wooper, Hoppip, Hoothoot, and Aipom. Saw a Skarmory but it ran away, and caught my first Lickitung, too. Seems like Swinub is my city's new Pidgey - saw one every couple of steps as I was walking around!

I've gotten a few in my house. I've been studying pretty hard the past few days, so I haven't been out much.

Got back into this bc Gen II is amazing.

Haven't gotten anything too good. Best catch is probably a Donphan I found earlier today, and I also found an Ariados which I guess stops be having to catch Spinarak to evolve one. I also caught enough Chikorita to evolve one into a Bayleef, but other than that, it's been the common stuff like Murkrow, Sentret, Ledyba, Spinarak, Hoppip, Hoothoot, and whatever else.

I saw on Twitter that lots of people are finding Swinub really common, which got me excited since I really like Swinub, but I haven't seen one yet.

I saw on Twitter that lots of people are finding Swinub really common, which got me excited since I really like Swinub, but I haven't seen one yet.

They are swarming my place I've seen like 20 just in the past three days.

Back