• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Pokemon Go General Discussion

cheers, no worries, i'll just hop on the next plane to C A N A D A

Sounds good but can you wait until March 3rd so we can milk cows? Thanks.

You know, the only issue I have with Pokemon Go is the slowness of it :( Need more servers. Oh well technically 2 issues actually, and the fact they stopped allowing people to use the API for sites like mapping sites to see where pokemon are etc.

I'd play again, but it literally DESTROYS my phone's battery.
I mainly play my other mobile games via an emulator now to conserve my battery, but due to GO's GPS thing I don't think I can do that :/

Most common for me has been spinarak and snubbul by far, followed by houndoom and murkrow. Where them sentret and hoothoot at?

I think I found a squirtle nest because 3 just showed up in the exact same spot in the same 3 minute period.

Last edited:
There is literally NOTHING within walking distance of where I live, except for a pokestop about 15 minutes up the road. It's a fun little game to play whenever I'm in town, but it's usually just taking up space on my phone otherwise.

I got back into it, if you need as Espeon nickname Eevee "Sakura" if you need an Umbreon nickname it "Tamao". Name trick only works once for each

I just evolved my sentret to a furret. I caught an aipom walking to campus today too! I really want a scizor, but you know, will probably never happen lol. I never see swinubs or any other cool ones hahaha, but I have paid more attention to my pokemon go account though

I have an Iphone 4S, which can just barely run pokemon go. I wish I could play the game more, but it makes my phone heat up fast. I can only play for about 15-20 minutes before the app starts crashing.

Kinda want to play this.
Would anyone recommend this? :confused:

Kinda want to play this.
Would anyone recommend this? :confused:

It depends a lot.
If you are a big pok?mon fan, and have a nice smartphone I would totally recommend this. Why a good smartphone? Because this game drains the battery like crazy, and in older models it takes a lot of time to load.
It's nice to go out with friends or family to a park and catch pokemon, it's a fun experience, but if you are not really a fan it can get old really quickly
Also it's no fun if you don't have internet outside your home (in fact, if you don't have internet outside it kills the whole purpose)

Welp.
Since I have interests once more in taking walks and stuff, maybe I'll take my Phone, and play this. :)

Caught a cyndaquil yesterday on my way to work
Such a cutie!!!

Well duh, scratch that. I am in the Pokemon Go Thread lol.
Did they make the new update?
It sort of sucked when I played back when it was really popular that where I live, you don't get to walk around much.. so it was so difficult for me to find new Pokemon..

Last edited:
I've never played this, probably never will, don't have the time for it and it looks boring imo

I've never played this, probably never will, don't have the time for it and it looks boring imo

Totally agreed. Unlike most games I've played, I look back at all the effort and time I put into this game.. I got nothing out of it. I feel like it's all been a waste of time =/ One good thing is that, it did get me moving a lot more.

(is it a sin to say I've been playing this more than zelda)

Got some great catches recently. Found a Snorlax and a Dragonite (both are low on the CP side of things but I don't care), finaly got a Ditto, too. Chikorita's are also so common where I live that I've found enough to score myself a Meganium (and probably have enough for a second one if I wanted). Bulbasaur's also seem to be more common where I live too, so not sure if this update changed things. Though the fire starters are still rare where I live, only found 1 Cyndaquil and Quilava, but it's been like that with Charmander ever since the game came out.

I saw a Togetic on my nearby the other day, but I got stuck in this huge downpour I couldn't get there in time. I doubt many people here still even play but I'm really loving this game at the moment. I'm sure in a few weeks/months I'll be back to being bored of it and wait until they add Gen III, but right now I love this game to bits.

I gor back into the swing of things a few days ago and got really lucky these past few days. I caught an Electabuzz, Gligar, Bayleef, Misdreavus, most of the new commons
I evolved a couple pokemon too. Nothing phenomenal. My best finds were Bayleef, Sudowoodo, Misdreavus, and Electabuzz. They got decent appraisals, and they all had pretty good CP. All around 500-600 range.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I gor back into the swing of things a few days ago and got really lucky these past few days. I caught an Electabuzz, Gligar, Bayleef, Misdreavus, most of the new commons
I evolved a couple pokemon too. Nothing phenomenal. My best finds were Bayleef, Sudowoodo, Misdreavus, and Electabuzz. They got decent appraisals, and they all had pretty good CP. All around 500-600 range.

We're into the second Legendary Bird from the 151 trio, how's everyone who still is playing making out? Have you guys caught Lugia, Articuno and Moltres yet? Or no luck?

So far I've only caught Articuno and Moltres, Articuno was literally the last day during the last hour before the in-game curfew. Lugia for whatever reason has become sparse locally, so it's been hard trying to find it and raiding.

Back