• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Pokemon Go General Discussion

We're into the second Legendary Bird from the 151 trio, how's everyone who still is playing making out? Have you guys caught Lugia, Articuno and Moltres yet? Or no luck?

So far I've only caught Articuno and Moltres, Articuno was literally the last day during the last hour before the in-game curfew. Lugia for whatever reason has become sparse locally, so it's been hard trying to find it and raiding.

I'm in the same place I was 5 months ago. Still in level 20s. Surviving off one pokestop. The raid boss update has no effect on me. I walked 3 miles to a raid boss just to see how it was, and there was no way I could do it alone.

We're into the second Legendary Bird from the 151 trio, how's everyone who still is playing making out? Have you guys caught Lugia, Articuno and Moltres yet? Or no luck?

So far I've only caught Articuno and Moltres, Articuno was literally the last day during the last hour before the in-game curfew. Lugia for whatever reason has become sparse locally, so it's been hard trying to find it and raiding.
I don't have a gym in an hour radius- I have no legendries yet. Also, we've only got a few stops.
Living here sucks.
And to top that, we only get weedles, pidgeys, rattatas, jigglypuffs, eevees, sentrets, hoothoots and ladybas.

I can't catch any of the legendaries. I have only seen them a couple of times and when I do, there is never enough people to beat them in time.

I didn't see a thread like this here, and I'm so hyped for the game. It's supposed to come out in July (which is this month my friends) so go ahead and discuss about it!

My gosh little did they know this would be the most popular Pokemon game of 2016. More and Sun and Moon.

My gosh little did they know this would be the most popular Pokemon game of 2016. More and Sun and Moon.

i keep forgetting i made this thread tbh, i actually quit playing like the second month it came out 'cause buggy, wouldn't open, and unreliable. haven't gotten back into it 'cause i'm so freaking busy nowadays, but yeah just thought i'd respond, i knew it'd be popular, didn't know it'd die that fast.

Last edited:
Part of my daily schedule now includes a gym about a mile from where I am, so I think I might have luck now. I got 5 coins yesterday. I know it might not sound like much to you veterans, but I've never been past 0 coins before I started on day 1.

I visited it today and it was already taken over by my team, and apparently full. I couldn't interact with it or add any pokemon (it had 5 or 6, can't remember).

Part of my daily schedule now includes a gym about a mile from where I am, so I think I might have luck now. I got 5 coins yesterday. I know it might not sound like much to you veterans, but I've never been past 0 coins before I started on day 1.

I visited it today and it was already taken over by my team, and apparently full. I couldn't interact with it or add any pokemon (it had 5 or 6, can't remember).

Can't wait until my leg heals up so I can maybe play again. I dunno. I got bored with Go pretty fast

Hey guys! So I finally have an iPhone and I managed to FINALLY play Pokemon Go again (It's problem; I'm so addicted SOS). Anyway I'm able to play at school and the mall across the street, since both have Wi-Fi, which is awesome. But tonight I tried to see how much data it takes up by playing for 20 mins outside, since so many sites say so many things. I started with 32.6 mb used (btw the reason I'm checking is because I only have 2 GB) and everything was running so smoothly, I knew there would be a catch. But when I got home and checked, it only went up by 1 mb!!!!! Is this normal??? I mean I only have one Pokestop near by, so it's not too busy around here. Unless the Cellular Data checker only updates in 24 hrs??? Let me know how much it takes up for you because I'm lost (in a good way ;) )

Hey guys! So I finally have an iPhone and I managed to FINALLY play Pokemon Go again (It's problem; I'm so addicted SOS). Anyway I'm able to play at school and the mall across the street, since both have Wi-Fi, which is awesome. But tonight I tried to see how much data it takes up by playing for 20 mins outside, since so many sites say so many things. I started with 32.6 mb used (btw the reason I'm checking is because I only have 2 GB) and everything was running so smoothly, I knew there would be a catch. But when I got home and checked, it only went up by 1 mb!!!!! Is this normal??? I mean I only have one Pokestop near by, so it's not too busy around here. Unless the Cellular Data checker only updates in 24 hrs??? Let me know how much it takes up for you because I'm lost (in a good way ;) )
I play daily for roughly an hour which includes catching Pokemon, gym battles, raids etc, and even on a good day where I play for more, I never go over 0.1GB used on it. It doesn't use as much data as some people think.

I play daily for roughly an hour which includes catching Pokemon, gym battles, raids etc, and even on a good day where I play for more, I never go over 0.1GB used on it. It doesn't use as much data as some people think.

Wow, that's awesome! I only noticed that it took up about 1 MB more than usual when I loaded up the game without Wi-Fi, but on weekends I load it in the house and then once that's done I leave. An hour has only taken up like 3 MB (My friends still don't believe me lol). I guess I never realized how much 2 GB really is.

Has anyone been participating in the Battle League? I've been starting fights with my CP 1426 Mightyena w/ Crunch and I've been absolutely killing it. My last fight of the day I won with two Pok?mon left alive, so I'd definitely recommend adding that to your team.

I know this thread is pretty much dead, but I thought this new update was worth bumping this thread for. It's really cool that you can earn a Rare Candy per day. It might not be much for pro players, but it really helps me with a lot my current quests.

Last edited:
Has anyone been participating in the Battle League? I've been starting fights with my CP 1426 Mightyena w/ Crunch and I've been absolutely killing it. My last fight of the day I won with two Pok?mon left alive, so I'd definitely recommend adding that to your team.

I know this thread is pretty much dead, but I thought this new update was worth bumping this thread for. It's really cool that you can earn a Rare Candy per day. It might not be much for pro players, but it really helps me with a lot my current quests.

I have been, only at rank 5 currently mostly because I forget to battle. I lead with Steelix that knows Thunder Fang, Crunch and Earthquake. Thunder fang does wonders against some of the more consistent top tier picks like Altaria, Azumarill, and Skarmory. Crunch is also able to bait out a lot of shields and all give Deoxys Defense some trouble.

Last edited:
Back