• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Pokemon Go General Discussion

vel

xoxo
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I didn't see a thread like this here, and I'm so hyped for the game. It's supposed to come out in July (which is this month my friends) so go ahead and discuss about it!

I'm excited as well, the whole concept just seems really fascinating.

I wonder how the "region"-specific stuff will work, though? I have a park with a lake close to my house so I could walk there, but it's not like there are any mountains or anything around here

Can't wait to give this a try, I'm near some pretty diverse stuff so I hope to find plenty of Pokemon.

I'm excited as well, the whole concept just seems really fascinating.

I wonder how the "region"-specific stuff will work, though? I have a park with a lake close to my house so I could walk there, but it's not like there are any mountains or anything around here

Maybe you could make paper mountains? I'm not sure, I think they just want you to go outside, so maybe you can go hiking?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can't wait to give this a try, I'm near some pretty diverse stuff so I hope to find plenty of Pokemon.

where's my ban I'm not really near anything but I'm probably going to go some places with friends and catch some Pokemon. Basically 3 Pidgeys because so many parks.

I am pretty excited for the game - it will definitely get me and my fiance out of the house more. It will make things more interesting at work too, I work in a hotel that was built in the 1930s!

Pokemon Go has already been released on android devices in both Australia and Japan! Hopefully the IOS release will follow it up :)

Really enjoying the game so far, having fun catching Pokemon. Caught a lot of Pidgey mostly so far. Kinda irritated I gotta drive to find Pokespots since there's not a whole lot within walking distance for me.

I just started and caught my starter. Unfortunately I left my phone charger at work so I couldn't use it..... as of last night the game was not available in Canada either through the play store.

I got it on my Xperia Z3 compact in the UK, got it in a naughty way as it isn't available here yet, Pm me for the link if you want it.

I have got:
Bulbasaur
Weedle
Ratatta
Zubat

And 1 egg

There are a fair few Pokestops near me, and a gym about 15 mins walk away which I want to claim asap.

The game is fairly battery draining but luckily I have my handy dandy portable charger, Sat at the park letting it charge with an incense going :)

Last edited:
I'm in the US and got it on my android phone through some site this morning. The gps signal is pretty bad at times so it'll show my trainer being a few streets down from where I actually am or I'll be walking and my trainer doesn't move.

I live kind of in a rural/suburban area so I didn't see any poke spots on my walk, but I did catch quite a few Pokemon! The game is awesome and as of now I have:

Squirtle
Caterpie
Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Rattata x2
Raticate
Nidoran
Venonat
Psyduck
Goldeen
Magikarp

Update on my Pokemon:
-Pidgeotto
-Drowzee x2
-Eevee x2
-Raticate
-Bulbasaur
-Staryu
-Zubat x3
-Weedle x3

The GPS has worked really well for me so far, but I am in a suburban area so that might affect it. I'm going to my parents tomorrow and they are way out in the sticks so it'll be interesting to see if the gps works okay and what Pokemon they have out there.

servers down l o l
for some reason i couldnt find anything idk it was disappointing tho bc magikarp was in my area but I couldnt find anything

Ofc after downloading for three hours I can't play...

Also I couldn't make a Trainer Club account for whatever reason.

I'm so mad that it isn't out for NA yet. I want it on IOS ;-;

I'm pretty mad that the world has overloaded the servers so that Australians and New Zealanders can't get in.

One of the few times we get things early.

Other instances I can think of were the n3ds and Youkai Watch a LOT earlier than expected.

Please be patient.

At least you didn't have to spend $300-400 on the original Pikachu, ACNL or Fire Emblem 3ds because they weren't available in your territory. Never got them, amongst other things.

^
Americans are mad bc they can't even wait a few days whilst AU/NZ suffers with basically every new release :/

Here's hoping it takes a while for IOS to get it for the exact same reason.

Personally I'm just mad about spoilers. The second something releases you have to be on top of it or else you'll practically be playing it with the Internet.

It has literally flooded Twitter and it's like I'd rather experience it for myself thanks??

Last edited:
I'm in America, and as hard as it is to wait. It's best to be patient. All the people who are sneaking their way into the game, and resulted in crashing the servers are so annoying. We usually get everything early so we shouldn't be complaining.

So apparently it uses a username thing when selecting your name? How stupid is that??

I literally ran down my entire list of names and not one of them was available. Essentially meaning you had to be one of the first to play to get a good name.

I made the mistake of telling my lil brother it launched in Australia. He keeps asking "When can we play?" I don't know bud

Back