• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Abortion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the choice should be available. Keeps people from doing it illegally, or in an unsafe manner.

And, I've seen first hand what happens to kids who are born to people who just aren't ready/don't want to/can't afford to be parents. It can also really mess up the lives of the parents as well.

Could they be put up for adoption? Sure. But it's foster care until that happens. And again, I've seen all of this first hand, a lot of foster homes (while probably not unfit to house children) don't really provide what you would call a normal childhood.

I'm kinda neautral on it. It's a touchy subject. On one hand I believe that it's the parent's choice to decide but I also feel as if the child deserves even a chance at life.

Abortion is the woman's choice no matter what. If she wants 10 abortions and she can afford it that's her prerogative and frankly no else's opinion matters and it's laughable that people think their opinion about someone else's body should pull so much weight like seriously mind your own business. If you don't like abortions don't get one like how simple is that

This. You can have your opinons but trying to stop other people getting abortions (like the pro-lifers who are trying to make abortion illegal) just because you don't agree with it, when it's nothing at all to do with you, is kind of far? It's their body and their life, they can do whatever they like.

Pro-Choice. I don't think people who are just careless and don't use protection and get pregnant ever couple months and get an abortion every time should be able to, they should just get their tubes tied. But if it's something that's an accident or caused by rape or something I can see how it would be necessary and women should have access to safe abortions, because even if it was against the law women would still try to abort their babies and they'd probably either hurt themselves or not succeed and have a baby with problems.

In that case, then I feel like however unfortunate it's not the kids fault either, and I believe the child has a soul and already is someone. I would still say adoption, but its understandable if you pick abortion. But as a boy I can't really say anything.

Edit: I'm kind of inclined to say this as I wasn't planned and my mum could of easily aborted me. So, please don't hate that much.

It's nice to see anti abortion people that are sane and somewhat reasonable

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also yeah pro choice. I don't like saying pro abortion because that implies I want abortions. I don't. I would love it if nobody ever needed an abortion ever and that we would have no rape or incest and all children were had by loving parents who were totally ready to have them.

But that's not the world we live in so, prochoice

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also yeah pro choice. I don't like saying pro abortion because that implies I want abortions. I don't. I would love it if nobody ever needed an abortion ever and that we would have no rape or incest and all children were had by loving parents who were totally ready to have them.

But that's not the world we live in so, prochoice

im pro choice because a bunch of random cells especially in an early stage dont count for me as an actual life unless its born. also think abortion should be available everywhere especially since theres overpopulation and there are people who barely have any money,, mentally and/or physically are not able to carry one,, rape victims etc. if you cant make a kid happy or never wanted them then they will automatically almost always wish they were never born or hate their life or feel they werent loved enough so thats why they ended up being adopted. if the kid isnt wanted then its pretty much almost all of the time a bad idea.

i think the problem here is that a lot of people are referring to the fetus/embryo as a child or a baby as if it were already born.
you don't abort babies, children, or infants. you abort embryos/fetuses.

i think the problem here is that a lot of people are referring to the fetus/embryo as a child or a baby as if it were already born.

I think this is a very important point, embryos and fetuses that are aborted are not "babies" and are not conscious living things, they just have the potential to be

But why do people think they should be able to tell a woman what she can and can't do with her body? If the idea of an abortion repulses you, then you personally, don't get one. Keep the child for 9 months and give it away to some strangers that may end up hurting it. Does that honestly sound any better? Because hundreds of thousands of children are physically and mentally abused in orphanages all over the world. Many of them a result of women being raped, or not having enough money to take care of them. You have no right to tell another person what they can and cannot do with their bodies no matter what your fancy religious book says or how aborting little embryos makes you feel.

It's been scientifically proven that for the first few weeks the fetus isn't "alive" as a person is. There are enough children in systems all over the world who are treated like ****, you'd have to be stupid to think the proper answer is allowing more children to be put into those same abusive systems. Where's the logic in that? No please show me, because I fail to see it. (Because there is none.) What is it with people and trying to protect a non-living fetus over actual breathing children and the people (no matter how they come to be pregnant.) How can you choose a non-living being over living people?

Sheesh, people never fail to amaze me.

What changes the minute you give birth? What makes the fetus a baby.
If it's when the are born, how about the premature kids? Are they still fetus's so it's okay to kill them.

I'm in for abortion, women should be able to control what happens to their body.

I don't understand why some pro-lifers are so....i can't even think of the word.

If you can;t have babies, its not your concern

If it's not YOUR body, its not your concern.

I plan to never hav kids, so if I do get preggers I plan to abort. But it's my body, so it's only my concern

I know not all pro-lifers are like this, but some are so damn violent and I've heard of some going to abortion clinics and threating people who are trying to get an abortion

IF IT'S NOT YOUR BODY IT ISN;T YOUR CONCERN!

If it's when the are born, how about the premature kids? Are they still fetus's so it's okay to kill them.

"In England, Wales and Scotland abortion is legal up until 24 weeks of pregnancy, although most abortions are carried out much earlier than this."

"According to the American Pregnancy Association, late-term abortions are not legal in most states in the U.S.—except in cases in which the life of the mother is in danger." Also stated 24-averaging weeks in a basically same matter as above with changed lands, so I assume it's the same in most places - but don't quote me outside of the U.K and large portions of the U.S.

So... nobody really says that.

In reference to the person you're quoting, they probably meant a very underdeveloped, new fetus. Don't quote me, I don't know their thoughts, I'm just shooting out a guess.

And I don't think a baby will just pass through the womb and grow skin and all that funky stuff, it looks like an actual baby then rather than... a drugged-up tomato, and won't develop fully in that tiny time of passage.

(Forgot whether I ever posted about my opinions other than crackers, so I think abortion is a good thing, I think the mum and dad/sometimes even other family are more important than the fetus.)

Last edited:

lol i mean you don't abort fetuses that are uh developed beyond a certain stage (i was So close to writing "ready to harvest" fml) so no ..???? .. but there is a Big Difference between a 10 week old thingy and a 25 week old thingy fetus thing. Yeah. i knlw words.

lol i mean you don't abort fetuses that are uh developed beyond a certain stage (i was So close to writing "ready to harvest" fml) so no ..???? .. but there is a Big Difference between a 10 week old thingy and a 25 week old thingy fetus thing. Yeah. i knlw words.

I'm completley pro-choice, but in the the UK its legal to abort a fetus at up to 24 weeks (although they rarely do that) and if born, that fetus would have around a 30% chance of surviving at 24 weeks, I guess maybe the age that it's legal to abort babies can be seen as an issue but to me it isn't as the fetus wasn't born, and isn't a concious living thing, even if it were aborted at 24 weeks, it's still the parents body.

harvest the fetuses

^ ye tru it's not like, thinking or something yet bUt it's not, like, "oh ye Kill The Unborn but 5 minutes latr when they're out of the uterus they're an Individual w Rights" !! that was what i was trying to say kind of

and the reason why it is so rare that ppl get abortions so late/it's allowed only in certain cases is because it's right on the line between being uh Cell Thing and Kind Of Baby thingy !!!
n ye itms the parent's body obviously but im Pretty Sure *most* ppl who get abortions because they don't want a child get one pretty mch as soon as they know theyre pregnant, sso like most of the very late abortions are because of other reasons (like the baby might not survive). which is good because it makes a much bigger impact on the body (and probably mind too) of the person getting the abortion when it's late n stuff idk im really tired but yeah let's harvest the babies

I'm for it. I believe you should be allowed to do whatever you want

I can easily see this thread getting shut down due to arguments, so I'm not gonna stick around to argue, but I basically believe that everyone has the right to their own body, and you can't tell someone their body doesn't belong to them anymore.

I'm pro choice.
It seems like a scary thing to go through but sometimes it has to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back