• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's something that grinds your gears?

What really REALLY grinds my gears is when people think they're right in an argument when they're not. They are adamant that they are correct and even when all the evidence is stacked against them, they still think they are correct. I mean why can't people be decent and just own up to being wrong. PATHETIC!

Another thing that grinds my gears is when people constantly go out of their way and try to annoy me just so they get a reaction. And then annoy me even more when I get aggravated! Especially if I'm already in a pissy mood. Sorry *****es but catch me in the wrong mood and I will tear you apart limb from limb!

Pardon my french but I had to get that out of me.

It's okay to dislike a character even for something really minor, but it pisses me off when people tell developers to change their characters when said developer could have put a lot of thought into the characters they created, for an example, removing Bayonettas sexual beauty would hurt the personality they were going for with the characters design and attitude.

I also really hate Tumblr/SJW- views being pandered in games in any shape or form, even if it's very slight. Most of the Borderlands games have some pandering due to the trash sjw writer and it drives me nuts. Usually the pandering is in the form of dialog where a male character is being told off by a female character for acting unrealistically immature. But outside of that it's also notable that more often than not the bad guy, the immature meanie in borderlands is male and the good person is female. It's insanely predictable.
For the most part BL handles sexualities well though, Mr. Hammerlock is gay and it's very rarely mention as anything special, but for the love of god can Spriggs shut the hell up about her being a lesbian.

what really grinds me tbfh:
-people who really like to blab the fk out, esp those who keep on repeating what they say or story..it's soooo annoying. i get it okay? you like philosophy and Shakespeare, now shut up
-ppl who don't know the bloody difference between YOUR and YOU'RE even though they have been taught the difference in school/and other words such as THERE and THEIR etc
-those who don't have dyslexia and are clearly still in school making statuses on FB and don't even know to spell the most basic bloody words
-folks who overuse the word "bae". "omg us baes!!"
-ppl standing in the middle of the damn hallway or aisle and chatting away like no tomorrow. why??????? or those standing in front of the doorway blocking it or walking slowly so those behind have less time getting out of the darn building
-racists, abusers, perverts, pedophiles etc
-people who walk slow when i'm trying to get to class
-people who use bad grammar when in a debate with a mutual friend or i, especially on FB...at least use decent grammar plz
-those who decide to correct me on spelling when i know that i have spelt the word(s) correctly
-those who think they are right in an argument when clearly they are not..lol like wth, fam
-bullies
-loud singers..in class! the ones who cannot sing..
-folks who always ask me the same darn questions i obviously don't know the answer to
-people who talk loud during class, like pipe the heck down pls
-some vegetarians who try and shove their views down throats
-some religious folk who try and shove their beliefs down throats
-ppl who continue doing the same bloody annoying noise that hurts my earholes just to annoy or upset me after i kindly ask them to stop
-how bloody expensive things are in Australia
-waiting on the phone for sooooooo long just to talk to an operator (IM LOOKIN @ U CENTRELINK)
-those who speak in a whole different language other than english during class
and last but not least: -SLOW WIFI!!

Blabbermouths. And people wonder why I don't tell them stuff -rolls eyes-

salty people in the basement annoy me. like, they get a bad rating for their sig/user title/avatar and they get upset and then deliberately give a bad rating back to the user who gave them the bad rating. like grow up for the love of god. do you really need to be this salty over a rating that doesnt mean anything? lmao

Last edited:
I'd just like to say, since we don't allow it in the What's Bothering You thread, please don't come here to express your annoyances about TBT members, either.

When people put "Lmao" or "lol" in all their posts even though there is no joke or something to laugh about, it's really annoying.

Donald Trump & his supporters, people who are racist, people who make anti-homosexual comments and trolls...oh and last but not least butthurt idiots on social media.

Last edited:
When people put "Lmao" or "lol" in all their posts even though there is no joke or something to laugh about, it's really annoying.

Donald Trump & his supporters, people who are racist, people who make anti-homosexual comments and trolls...oh and last but not least butthurt idiots on social media.

the reason i and anyone else put those at the end of the post is to add emotion (i dont really know how to say/explain it)

but anyway, it can be hard to see the tone or overall feel someones trying to show via text

for example just typing "Ok." seems cold, almost as if you were upset but "ok lol" seems alot better

eh lol >.<

salty people in the basement annoy me. like, they get a bad rating for their sig/user title/avatar and they get upset and then deliberately give a bad rating back to the user who gave them the bad rating. like grow up for the love of god. do you really need to be this salty over a rating that doesnt mean anything? lmao

THIS. Also when people are really stubborn during trades and when they don't seem to realize that I actually have a life outside this website. And it gets on my nerves when people spam and complain about getting in trouble. Also when people are ignorant and won't listen to other people just because they have a different opinion. Good luck in this world, buddy.

Last edited:
when there's a social/racial/economic issue and people not related to the problem who have no foundation or even basic education on it think they they're experts on it and think that they have a valid opinion that should be taken into consideration by the people related to the problem. or when an oppressor tries to say how the oppressed should take/react to their oppression.

Back