Canimia - The best map I've ever found! (Lots of pictures!)

daynapapaya

llama llama duck
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
7339-9283-7403
Winter Mittens
In my thread yesterday, a lot of people helped me figure out a name for my new town, which is going to be dedicated to my yellow lab Eva who is currently fighting lymphoma. We combined "canis", meaning "dog" in latin, with "nimiane" which is one of the names in Arthurian legend for "The Lady of the Lake", to get Canimia. It's perfect because Eva is definitely a Lady of the Lake in her own right; she swims in them often and LOVES the water.

I was definitely being very picky with what type of map I wanted...it had to have lots of ponds, with one pond near the cliff waterfall with enough space to put Eva's (the mayor, of course) house in between. I wanted one of the south-bound ramps down to the beach with the cliffs on both sides, brown train station and/or town hall, a different fruit from my other towns (preferably pears because Eva likes pears), and then just a generally interesting layout overall.

And after about 2 hours of map resetting I HIT THE JACKPOT OMG

HNI_0029.jpg~original

Brown train station!!

HNI_0028.jpg~original

Pears!!

HNI_0019.jpg~original

Spot for her house right near the cliff waterfall with a pond right next to it!!

WVW69jWLjaY8DwCEmZ.jpg~original

Lookit that perfection!!

HNI_0034.jpg~original

It's gonna look amazing!!!

HNI_0021.jpg~original

Yet another big pond, just a little further down!!

HNI_0024.jpg~original

South-bound beach ramp with cliffs on both sides!!

HNI_0016.jpg~original

Freaking Beau, whose house is right to the left of Eva's!! He's gonna be Eva's best friend

Needless to say I claimed this beautiful, precious map IMMEDIATELY~
HNI_0039.jpg~original

Today, I'm taking it all in and enjoying it to the fullest. This town is going to be hugely theraputic for me while Eva is going through her chemo treatments.
WVW69jWLiTkZB9pcux.jpg~original

Eva and Beau getting to know each other! I know the IRL Eva would adore him. They are both so sweet!!
WVW69jWLo8YQLyGfPO.jpg~original

So anyway, that's Canimia, the fastest I have ever found the PERFECT map to call home :D

Last edited:
This makes me a little closer to reseting to get that perfect place

(im going through a similar situation--my cat died recently and my town i have now has alot of memories w/ him so im just torn)

This makes me a little closer to reseting to get that perfect place

(im going through a similar situation--my cat died recently and my town i have now has alot of memories w/ him so im just torn)
I don't know what the best decision for your town is, but I can say without a doubt that creating a town from scratch to dedicate to Eva was SO therapeutic for me. When I found this map, I was smiling like crazy and holding back tears because I knew how much Eva would love to live in such a place. Picking a map based on what I think she would like, rather than what I would like, was just so much fun. It just made me so so happy. I'm sorry about your kitty, and best of luck making your choice about whether or not to reset!

Congrats! I love when a map works out especially with town hall and train station colours since I can be picky about that too!

[sub]oooohhh!!! i love your town! and you got beau, lolly, and snake as starter villagers, you lucky dog!

i definitely love all the ponds. i wish i had a lot of ponds in my town, but alas... i have only two. my river is very similar to yours, though!

i'm so glad you found a perfect place :D i hope you have lots of fun playing in your town! good luck to you![/sub]

Thank you guys!!

Ams, I feel ya, I am also super picky about those colors! I refuse to have blue. I just refuse!!

Fosterfarms, I know I'm definitely keeping Beau, but I might also keep Lolly! I was never too interested in Snake (I think he would scare Eva lol), so I'll probably sell/trade him whenever he decides to move out. But yeah, it was definitely SUPER lucky.

I have Shep and Daisy in my town, it could be super cool to get a few dog villagers in your town, kinda as other dogs for Eva to play with?

Wow :eek: I'm almost jealous!!! My perfect map would've had more sheep villagers though. :D
I have a good map as well, but wow your map is great!!:D Congratulations! :D

Thank you guys!!

Ams, I feel ya, I am also super picky about those colors! I refuse to have blue. I just refuse!!

Fosterfarms, I know I'm definitely keeping Beau, but I might also keep Lolly! I was never too interested in Snake (I think he would scare Eva lol), so I'll probably sell/trade him whenever he decides to move out. But yeah, it was definitely SUPER lucky.
Can I ask who Eva is?

It's so beautiful! I wish I had a town like that. Congratulations on the perfect map! Good omens to Eva, her town, and her treatments. :)

Congrats on your map! I think it's really sweet to have a town dedicated to your Eva. Good luck! :)

Thank you everyone, especially for wishing Eva well!!

Captain CC, at first it made me feel a little sad, but then I was mostly just happy and excited. So it sounds sad, but actually it's gonna be something wonderful :D

In my thread yesterday, a lot of people helped me figure out a name for my new town, which is going to be dedicated to my yellow lab Eva who is currently fighting lymphoma. We combined "canis", meaning "dog" in latin, with "nimiane" which is one of the names in Arthurian legend for "The Lady of the Lake", to get Canimia. It's perfect because Eva is definitely a Lady of the Lake in her own right; she swims in them often and LOVES the water.

I was definitely being very picky with what type of map I wanted...it had to have lots of ponds, with one pond near the cliff waterfall with enough space to put Eva's (the mayor, of course) house in between. I wanted one of the south-bound ramps down to the beach with the cliffs on both sides, brown train station and/or town hall, a different fruit from my other towns (preferably pears because Eva likes pears), and then just a generally interesting layout overall.

And after about 2 hours of map resetting I HIT THE JACKPOT OMG

HNI_0029.jpg~original

Brown train station!!

HNI_0028.jpg~original

Pears!!

HNI_0019.jpg~original

Spot for her house right near the cliff waterfall with a pond right next to it!!

WVW69jWLjaY8DwCEmZ.jpg~original

Lookit that perfection!!

HNI_0034.jpg~original

It's gonna look amazing!!!

HNI_0021.jpg~original

Yet another big pond, just a little further down!!

HNI_0024.jpg~original

South-bound beach ramp with cliffs on both sides!!

HNI_0016.jpg~original

Freaking Beau, whose house is right to the left of Eva's!! He's gonna be Eva's best friend

Needless to say I claimed this beautiful, precious map IMMEDIATELY~
HNI_0039.jpg~original

Today, I'm taking it all in and enjoying it to the fullest. This town is going to be hugely theraputic for me while Eva is going through her chemo treatments.
WVW69jWLiTkZB9pcux.jpg~original

Eva and Beau getting to know each other! I know the IRL Eva would adore him. They are both so sweet!!
WVW69jWLo8YQLyGfPO.jpg~original

So anyway, that's Canimia, the fastest I have ever found the PERFECT map to call home :D

I hope your baby gets well soon. c:

Thank you guys ^_^ Eva (the real one) is continuing to do well!! And Mayor-Eva just got her development permit!

Back