• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Canimia - The best map I've ever found! (Lots of pictures!)

Awh yay, I'm happy for you! I just restarted my second town, so I hope I get as lucky when I'm map resetting c:

That's awesome, congrats :D I love it when you find the perfect town. I hope your Eva gets better soon!! <3

I have an all dog town. Feel free to visit to get a feel for it and see if it's right for you. Because I love my real life dog so much, dogs are my favorite AC villagers.

Not only is the map and everything good, but you doing this is a very cute idea! I'm so sorry to hear about your pup, I hope she will be okay!! You pretty much ended up getting everything you wanted and I wish you luck! (PS. this post is really freaking cute, your excitement is contagious and I hope it ends up being just as magical as it feels!!)

congratulations! it looks lovely, and you're so lucky to have beau XD I'm also super picky about the train station and town hall colors... unfortunately the map I have has a blue train station (eek!), but I really like the layout ;u;

I hope that everything goes well with Eva's chemo and that she gets better soon <3

Last edited:
Thank you guys so so much!! IRL Eva is doing very well. And Mayor Eva just had her 9th villager move in!

Congratulations, I'm so happy you found your perfect town! It looks really nice from the pictures, I especially love your house placement.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I LOVE the name Canimia. It's so pretty

Thank you guys so so much!! IRL Eva is doing very well. And Mayor Eva just had her 9th villager move in!

Aw, congrats on your perfect town :) I'm really happy to hear your doggy is doing very well. Bless her heart and yours, I'm sure this hasn't been easy!

This thread might get locked for me posting in it a few months later, but that's fine! I wanted to give it closure. Eva (IRL dog, not town mayor!) is still doing great, though chemo no longer works for her. The oncologist estimates she has 4-8 weeks left with us. I definitely don't regret dedicating a town to her, because it's been HUGELY therapeutic. It will continue to be once she's gone, I know that for a fact.

Aww glad you found a map that works for you! I hope you enjoy it to the fullest and wish you the best of luck! Much love. :)

Edit: You are so sweet! All the strength I can give you in this tough time. I'm happy you'll have something to remember her by. :)

Last edited:
So am I! It's like I get to interact with her, in a way, even after she is gone. Also, IRL Eva licked the game cartridge, so it's like she gave me her seal of approval xD

In my thread yesterday, a lot of people helped me figure out a name for my new town, which is going to be dedicated to my yellow lab Eva who is currently fighting lymphoma. We combined "canis", meaning "dog" in latin, with "nimiane" which is one of the names in Arthurian legend for "The Lady of the Lake", to get Canimia. It's perfect because Eva is definitely a Lady of the Lake in her own right; she swims in them often and LOVES the water.

I was definitely being very picky with what type of map I wanted...it had to have lots of ponds, with one pond near the cliff waterfall with enough space to put Eva's (the mayor, of course) house in between. I wanted one of the south-bound ramps down to the beach with the cliffs on both sides, brown train station and/or town hall, a different fruit from my other towns (preferably pears because Eva likes pears), and then just a generally interesting layout overall.

And after about 2 hours of map resetting I HIT THE JACKPOT OMG

HNI_0029.jpg~original

Brown train station!!

HNI_0028.jpg~original

Pears!!

HNI_0019.jpg~original

Spot for her house right near the cliff waterfall with a pond right next to it!!

WVW69jWLjaY8DwCEmZ.jpg~original

Lookit that perfection!!

HNI_0034.jpg~original

It's gonna look amazing!!!

HNI_0021.jpg~original

Yet another big pond, just a little further down!!

HNI_0024.jpg~original

South-bound beach ramp with cliffs on both sides!!

HNI_0016.jpg~original

Freaking Beau, whose house is right to the left of Eva's!! He's gonna be Eva's best friend

Needless to say I claimed this beautiful, precious map IMMEDIATELY~
HNI_0039.jpg~original

Today, I'm taking it all in and enjoying it to the fullest. This town is going to be hugely theraputic for me while Eva is going through her chemo treatments.
WVW69jWLiTkZB9pcux.jpg~original

Eva and Beau getting to know each other! I know the IRL Eva would adore him. They are both so sweet!!
WVW69jWLo8YQLyGfPO.jpg~original

So anyway, that's Canimia, the fastest I have ever found the PERFECT map to call home :D
Looks pretty great!
Starter villagers seem like a pleasure. :p

Lots of hugs to you and your pup! I am so sorry to hear the chemo is no longer working for her. I hope that you're able to find peace making the perfect town to honor her. That is a great map!! <3

Back