• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Is it just me, or are shovels hardly sold in Tom Nook's stores?

Shawna

AroAce, ASD, and Proud ^^
Cherry 🍒
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4449-2922-3110
Toy Duck Plush
User Title Color Change
So, I took a break from Animal Crossing in late March and got back into playing Animal Crossing (this version, CF, and NL) just a week to a week and a 1/2 ago. For some reason, I have always gotten unlucky when it came to getting the shovel in the WildWorld. But in this town, it was just unbelieveable.

It took me over a week to finally get a shovel. He wouldn't sell it in Nooks Cranny and he wouldn't sell it in Nooking Go (I know he can sell it in those two stores, I just got unlucky this time). I paid of my first mortgage before getting the shovel. Heck, I even got A VILLAGER'S PICTURE before I got something as simple as a plain shovel. It felt really strange because it just seems strange to get something the symbolizes a good friendship before getting one of the most important tools in the game. Don't get me wrong, it always feel wonderful to get a villager's picture, it just felt weird getting one of the most rare and precious items in the game before getting something that it vital for playing the game fully.

As much as I didn't want to, I decided to time travel to get the shovel. Don't worry though, I'm back in the present.

------------------

I know the WW board is really inactive, but I just thought I'd share something interesting the happened just a couple days ago. Feel free to share any weird stories too that happened in ACWW too!

Last edited:
Yeah, true. The chances of getting a certain tool get bigger as Nook keeps expanding the store.

It was just weird luck. Lucky with getting a villager's picture so early, but unlucky with getting a shovel without TTing.

I agree with you, Shawna! I started a town about a week ago and STILL no shovel in the shop. Every day it's the Net/Fishing Rod or the Watering Can, which I already have! I haven't looked in the shop today though. All I want is a shovel :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, I have a rather strange story in Wild World to share with you. It was really odd and I'd never experienced it before. Once again, because Wild World has, in my opinion, the best variety of dialogue.
Anyway...

After having my town for about a week,
I was walking through the town when one of my dog villagers (I think it was Goldie?) suddenly ping'd me. So I went and talked to her. All she said was: "Will, I...." then the conversation ended and she started crying and the purple clouds appeared. This was really strange since I don't get why it happened. I hadn't agreed to do any favors for her, so it's not like I'd forgotten to do a favor or ditched her.

After having my town for about a week,
I was walking through the town when one of my dog villagers (I think it was Goldie?) suddenly ping'd me. So I went and talked to her. All she said was: "Will, I...." then the conversation ended and she started crying and the purple clouds appeared. This was really strange since I don't get why it happened. I hadn't agreed to do any favors for her, so it's not like I'd forgotten to do a favor or ditched her.
It's probably just one of those random conversations, though I've never had that or even anything that short before, which is really odd. Glitch, perhaps?

Back