Can't really start the town

lunachii

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
0046-0281-3834
Okay I'm not sure how many of you can relate to this... xD

I restarted my town earlier this month and i've been TTing like crazy to get the shops and stuffs. But I feel like I can't really start making the town look nice untill I have all my dreamies (I felt like that on last town as well).

I do that because I'm scared a random villager will plot down on a place i've decorated and waste my time xD so my town ends up lookin like pure crap for like a month or 2, with cheap pwps (yellow benches) scattered all over the town so it will take shorter time to plot reset and bush starters everywhere because im hoarding for the decorating time..

so in other words, i don't really start enjoying the game untill i work my ass off and get all the dreamies first and end up having a really really bad looking town for a long time

i find it kinda weird, so i wonder if anyone else did\do this

I do the exact same thing with my 2nd town. It's been a mess for months, I have flowers everywhere that I was breeding for when I'd need them. I have about half my villagers. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I don't want to start landscaping until I have them all. So when I get bored I take care of my main town.

Ah :D i have weeds and stuff everywhere too xD and a lot of flowers. i only miss a few villagers tho!

It's not weird at all, I know many people who waited until they had all their dreamies to start making paths, placing PWP, etc.

In my case, it doesn't work since I only have 3 "dreamies", which are Flurry, Shep and Stitches. I do love the rest of my villagers, but I wouldn't mind as much if they ever moved. I don't want my town to always have the same villagers, I want a change once in a while, otherwise the game gets boring to me. That's why I already have my path made and a few areas landscaped. Now I just plot reset every new villager I get. I also try to stay at 10 villagers most of the time, to get no villager from someone's void and get them on my path.

In your case, if you want to always keep the same villagers, I think that waiting to landscape until you have all of them is a great idea. :)

I see the sense in waiting until you get all your dreamies and I am sure there are a bunch who can relate!

The map matters more than where the villagers move in (I could just kick out, move in dreamie, and plot set anytime) and because landscaping takes a really long time, I place more priority on landscaping. I also care about the how I want my path layout to be, how I want to walk around town.

It is interesting how different players play and plan out towns!

Oh, I completely understand. I hardly placed any PWPs before I got all my dreamies moved in. I did, however, put my paths down since I usually structure my villager houses based on my path.

I can't really relate to you, because I don't have a specific set of villagers for a long time. I will be having villagers moving on my paths, but they'll eventually move out. At some point I'll have a group of villagers I'm happy with, not sure how I'm going to act if I let one move out and a new villager moves in on a place I've landscaped then. I suppose I could do the new character trick, although it is quite tedious. I'll have to see about that in the future.

I do the same thing and don't landscape much until I am happy with my villagers.

What sucks is when you finally get one of your favorite villagers to move in and they plop their house down in a weird spot.

I just got Stitches from the campsite, but he put his house directly next to the town hall and a few spaces in front of Chief's house. I kinda want to get him to move out and then move back in, but at the same time I don't wanna risk losing my favorite villager :<

I'm doing the same right now actually, I reset my town on the 4th of this month but I haven't got any pwp's or done any landscaping yet as I want all the villagers I want placed in a nice place first. Making your town super nice to have a random move-in come and mess it all up isn't fun. This is the first time i've played it like this, since joining these forums, before I wouldn't have cared. It definitely isn't weird though!

Back