• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is my villager moving?!

Poi

ηℴℸ α ℘ℴ&#94
Bells
Tasty Cake
Mailbox
Hello ACNL forums!

Del recently(and enragingly) moved into my town and one of the first things he says is that he heard a "rumor" that Lolly is moving. I immediately freaked out and trailed her everywhere, but she won't say anything about moving! In fact, all she talks is about how the weather is cloudy and that she wants to trade for a floral wall that she JUST sold me. Then she buys a flea that I got off her for 35 bells... But other than that, she's not doing that "Ping" thing that gives me the option to prevent her from moving. What do I do?!

I talked to all my other villagers at least 5 times each, but NONE of them even bring up Lolly. They just give me the regular tasks of catching kois, getting fruit, and delivering gift to Punchy(again). Is there something I missed? Should I be concerned? I really can't let anyone move because I can't modify my town path as much. I can't afford changing it that much, so I want to keep the status quo of 10 villagers.

Thanks!
~Poi

Edit: YES. It IS true. She IS moving. I just confirmed with Rosie that she is indeed planning to move. Lolly isn't giving me the opportunity to prevent her from moving. It's possible to lose your villagers without ever even getting a word if you're not careful.

Additional Edit: If you are not getting the prompt to change your villager's plans, you have to turn the game off and on again to try and create the ping. I spent 2 hours following Lolly to no avail. Just restart and there's a good chance that she/he will ping you immediately.

Last edited:
that's really weird— when someone told me that a villager was moving, the rumored villager pinged when i passed by a bit later. did you talk to lolly before del told you ?

that's really weird— when someone told me that a villager was moving, the rumored villager pinged when i passed by a bit later. did you talk to lolly before del told you ?

Ah, maybe that's why. In the case that the moving villager doesn't ping, you just need to reload the game to reset it. Simple as that.

Ah, maybe that's why. In the case that the moving villager doesn't ping, you just need to reload the game to reset it. Simple as that.

Definitely reload and run past her for a ping. When someone says that another villager is thinking of moving, it is always true. If the villager doesn't ping you, you've either ignored them for too long and have to talk to them and then logout/back in to get the ping, or save and quit and go to them for the ping.

A quicker way to get a ping is to find an isolated area where your villagers won't see you at all for 5-10 minutes.

Requires: Timer, Wet suit, empty pockets (no furniture, bugs, fish, fruit, or bells - those things are more likely to prompt a villager to trade or sell you something).

Turn the timer on for 5 or 10 minutes, go out to the beach, and swim to the border. Stay there til the timer goes off and don't close your DS (you'll be stung by jelly fish, but this is minor). Once the timer is done, go back to your village and you're more likely to get pinged. Of course, sometimes, villagers do move without prompting you - this is more likely to happen when you neglect a villager for a particular amount of time (Some sources state 5 days or so without contact prior to the RNG deciding to move that villager).

Happy you got Lolly to stay. I always save/quit when I get the rumor talk. Start back up and walk to their house while avoiding all the other villagers. The villager should be standing in front of their house and will ping you when you walk pass them. Think after playing for 3 years I've only had 3 that didn't ping when I walked by.

Back