• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I'm back, and I'm resetting. Help me brainstorm a town name?

daynapapaya

llama llama duck
Bells
Switch
7339-9283-7403
Winter Mittens
Hey guys, some of you may remember from over a month ago (maybe), but I took a break from ACNL because my dog Eva was diagnosed with cancer and I was having a hard time with it. She's now on round 6 of chemotherapy and she's doing great, we're hopeful for more time with her now. I was finally feeling well enough to pick up ACNL again this week, and I've decided I'm going to reset Emyrelle's cartridge and dedicate the new town to my dog.

I plan on it being a watery town, so as many ponds as I can get, because my dog Eva loves water. The mayor character is going to be named Eva, of course. Her house is going to be near both a pond and the river. Most of the villagers will be dogs, but for the most part it will probably be pretty random, just any character who I think the real Eva would like if she met (I know, this is sounding silly, but I'm really excited about this, haha)

I'm trying to come up with ideas for town names and could use some help because to be honest I'm still not 100% back to normal mentally and I'm still too stressed to brainstorm properly. I attached a picture of Eva below, maybe it will help generate some ideas?

11365787_1463957314.109_updates.jpg

Aw. I stepped away from ACNL as well due to pet problems and plan on picking up on July 1st and creating a new town. I'm sorry you're dealing with that! Eva is so pretty!!!

Some water-related names I found that could be cute:
Brook, Bay, Shore

Or maybe a nickname you have for Eva that would be a nice town name?

[Edit: I somehow missed the town name thing and thought you just wanted ideas for your new town? *face palm*]

Your dog is beautiful! I found some cool words having to do with water. Idk what kind of town name you were thinking of, something cute? Something cool? Something dog related? I'm a giant nerd so I just found cool words involving water (and dogs).

alluvion: effect of water impacting on shoreline
canicular: of, like or pertaining to the dog star (too long, but still cool)
demersal: subaqueous; living underwater;
echard: water in the soil not available to plants
eromancy: divination using water vessels
hyetal: rainy; of, like or pertaining to rainfal
hygric: of, like or pertaining to water or moisture
ololygmancy: fortune-telling by the howling of dogs (too long, but I thought it was cool)
seiche: periodic side-to-side fluctuation of body of water

Last edited:
Aw, this is so sweet. Eva is beautiful! Some watery names? Cascade, Oceana, Undine, Rio. Good luck with your new town! :)

Sunset
Agua ( this is Spanish for water)
Raindrop
Riveria
Oceania

And welcome back
Btw if your saying you want other villager
May I suggest lily because she a frog
I can see a dog being playful

And your dog it's beautiful

Your dog is soooooo cute <3

Some ideas could be:

Rainsong* (or RainSong)
Sweetsea
Rainbell

I like RainSong the most out of all 3.

Your dog is adorable! I think it should be Spring Bay, or Evainu (I mixed eva and inu together aha).

you could name it after a river / lake close to where you live ?? idk i'm bad at this stuff but your dog is really cute

Thank you guys for all the input!! This was awesome to come home and see after a long day of chemo. I love all of the suggestions, a few of them really stand out to me, so I'm gonna let them stew in my brain mush for a little and hopefully make a decision soon!

[Edit: I somehow missed the town name thing and thought you just wanted ideas for your new town? *face palm*]

Your dog is beautiful! I found some cool words having to do with water. Idk what kind of town name you were thinking of, something cute? Something cool? Something dog related? I'm a giant nerd so I just found cool words involving water (and dogs).

alluvion: effect of water impacting on shoreline
canicular: of, like or pertaining to the dog star (too long, but still cool)
demersal: subaqueous; living underwater;
echard: water in the soil not available to plants
eromancy: divination using water vessels
hyetal: rainy; of, like or pertaining to rainfal
hygric: of, like or pertaining to water or moisture
ololygmancy: fortune-telling by the howling of dogs (too long, but I thought it was cool)
seiche: periodic side-to-side fluctuation of body of water

I definitely like the word Canicular! It has "canine" partially in it, so it points to the town theme. I think I might take the "Cani" part and add something after it, maybe parts of the other words some other people mentioned. Thank you!!

I think this is a really cute idea, also I am happy for you and your dog. maybe names like lagoon or stream? that's just form my head. i found a website relating to "water" names. maybe it could by of good use to you; http://hasani.net.phtemp.com/water.html

This is such a heartbreaking thing :'( but she is gorgeous and im glad shes getting better, a nice name would be Goldbay/goldlake because (correct me if im wrong) she is a golden retriever and also this is an amazing idea!!! ♥ and its so great that you care about your dog so much, good luck with eva and I hope she is safe with you and your family soon

This is such a heartbreaking thing :'( but she is gorgeous and im glad shes getting better, a nice name would be Goldbay/goldlake because (correct me if im wrong) she is a golden retriever and also this is an amazing idea!!! ♥ and its so great that you care about your dog so much, good luck with eva and I hope she is safe with you and your family soon
She is actually a labrador (same thing basically but with shorter hair than a golden) but you just gave me a great idea!! I can take the "Cani" from canicular, and combine it with labrador/retriever/yellow? So, Canidor? Caniver? Canillow. Canillo. Canibra. I also call Eva "Eva Bee" a lot, so maybe Canibee?

This is a lot harder than usual because my brain is so fried xD

Mints, that list also helps! I like Aedre meaning "Stream".
And oh man, I didn't even think of the King Arthur references! Eva could totally be a "Lady of the Lake", and I love Arthurian legend. So these I can work with:

Nimiane "The Lady of the Lake"
Nimue "The Lady of the Lake"
Nineve "The Lady of the Lake"
Nyneve "The Lady of the Lake"
Viviane "Another name for The Lady of the Lake"
Vivien "Another name for The Lady of the Lake"

Canivien? Canimia? Canimue? Canineve?

Last edited:
They all sound really good, also I am glad I can help. I like Canimia.

Oh man, so do I...I think that may have just decided it. I love how its a combo of "Canine" and "Lady of the Lake"...it's exactly what I was looking for!! Thank you so much for helping :D

Paracosm(n): a detailed, prolonged imaginary world created by a child that includes human, animal, or alien creations.
Selcouth(adj):Unfamiliar, rare, strange, and yet marvelous
Habilin(n): Anything given to somebody for safekeeping
Sough(n): The gentle, soothing murmur of wind or water
Kairos(n): The perfect, delicate, crucial moment: the fleeting rightness of time and place that creates the opportune atmosphere for action, words, or movement: also, weather.
Brumous(adj): Of grey skies and winter days: filled with heavy clouds or fog: relating to winter or cold, sunless weather.
Sirimiri(n): A light rain, a fine drizzle
Aubade(n): A love song sung at dawn
Orphic(adj): Mysterious and entrancing: beyond ordinary understanding.
Wabisabi(n): the discovery of beauty in imperfection; the acceptance of the cycle of life and death.
Nelipot(n): One who walks barefoot.
Balter(v): To dance artlessly, without particular grace or skill but usually with enjoyment.
Sweven(n): A vision seen in sleep; a dream.
Offing(n): The deep, distant stretch of the ocean that is still visible from the land; the foreseeable future.
Soigne'(adj): Possessing an aura of sophistication in dress, manner or design; presented or prepared with an elegance attained through care for the finer details.
Apricate(v): To bask in the sun
Susurrus(n): A low soft sound, as of whispering or muttering or a quiet wind; a whisper or a rustling
Hygge(n): A complete absence of anything annoying or emotionally overwhelming; taking pleasure from the presence of gentle, soothing things.
Matutine(adj): Just before the dawn
Paralian(n): One who lives by the sea
Apricity(n): the warmth of the sun in winter
Eglaf(n): A word that has no meaning; can be used in place of any other word
Cynefin(n): A Welch word for a place where a being feels it ought to live. It is where nature around you feels right and welcoming.
Ukiyo(n): Literally "the floating world"- living in the moment, detached from the bothers of life.
Syzygy(n): an alignment of celestial bodies
Mangata(n): The glimmering, roadlike reflection the moon creates on water
Komorebi(n): sunlight filtering though trees
Pericope(n): A selection or extract from a book
Piffle(n): Nonsense, as trivial or senseless talk
Sulit(adj): Something that is worth it
Viridity(n): Naive, innocence
Dulify(v): To make more agreeable, nullify; also, to sweeten
Lacuna(n): A blank space, a missing part
Beamish(adj): Bright, cheerful, and optomistic
Sillage(n): The scent that lingers in the air, the trail left in the water, the impression made in space after something or someone has been gone, the trace of someone?s perfume

Back