• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How often do you get bitten by pesky mosquitoes?

Poi

ηℴℸ α ℘ℴ&#94
Bells
Tasty Cake
Mailbox
It's the summer, so there's a ton of mosquitoes flying about. I'm working a lot outside on flowers, so I get bitten really

often. It's kind of annoying, but it doesn't seem like there are any negative consequences besides your character being

upset and a text box warning you about it...

Since I'm working towards my fishing badge (the 5,000 one) and I love to fish at night, they fly around near the river a lot and they sometimes make me lose my fish. -____- So yeah, a lot. Sometimes if I see one I just let them bite me before they cause me to lose a fish/make me screw up because it won't do anything to me.

i seem to get bitten by them so often! they're so annoying >.<

I try as hard as I can to get away from it, because all I care about is my character's looks. I try not to plant stuff in the summer, it's like a death wish for me.

They bit me rarely don't know why

- - - Post Merge - - -

I try as hard as I can to get away from it, because all I care about is my character's looks. I try not to plant stuff in the summer, it's like a death wish for me.

They don't do nothing it's not like the bee
You just a text box saying that you got bitten by a mosquito

A lot! But if I move around, then I rarely get bitten - if I see one I catch it, they are annoying.

I've noticed something different from their behaviour in accf.
In accf you had to be really careful as if one was around while you were fishing you could lose the fish as if you were bitten it made the character jerk the rod out of the water. I tended to wait and let the mosquito bite me, then try for the fish.

This has been taken out of acnl - if you are fishing and there is a mosquito around - you don't get bitten while the rod is in the water - it waits until the rod is back with you - it then bites if you don't move.
Weird but consistent - I've noted from game launch - and I've never been bitten while I have a fishing rod in the water.

I don't really get bitten since I've been placing patterns down but the noise they make is super annoying while working.

I get bit too many times to count. While trying to place paths, and hybriding, it's so bad and the noise of it irks me to death. I hate it when they fly around your character.

I get bitten 24\7 xD it's really annoying.. I also hate the cicada\flies that makes annoying noises during the summer

Too many times. I dislike landscaping in the summer and the cicadas don't help with their annoying sounds. Can't wait for autumn honestly. :p

not very often. i usually see them coming and catch them or run away. i'm sooo glad they changed so that they don't intereupt you like they would do in city folk. i would be fishing and a mosquito would bite me and i'd lose my fish. super annoying ..., now in new leaf i dont find them as annoying

I used to a lot, but for some reason I don't see them much anymore. Maybe they are more common in July and August.

Over the course of my acnl playing time, i have noticed that I rarely get bitten. But who knows, what if I just jinxed myself and tomorrow i'll start facing the wrath of the mosquitos haha XD

Alot, can't landscape or catch fish and bugs in the summer without getting bitten by one

Lately I can't stand still without them biting, they bite more when i'm down near the beach.

All the time, specially at night at this time of year. I stand still for two seconds and I'm bitten.

So often. Sometimes the buzzy noise angers me so much I just stand still and let myself get bitten. I used to be scared of mosquitoes in WW :( to be fair to me I was six :D

/edit just remembered that one of my characters gets bitten more than the rest??

Last edited:
Back