• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you drink alcohol and smoke?

i never smoke. never have never will, its disgusting. i'm kind of against it because it gives everyone health problems. i did drink alcohol but i don't think i could stomach a lot of it. just occasional sips when i wanna relax or when its a festival.

I dont drink much, only during parties and whatnot but I do drink responsibly so I dont throw up or black out or anything.
For smoking, my bf and I vape the fresh greens from time to time but not very often. I have only done it three times.

I'm currently at a brewery drinking beer so yes. :p Smoking? It depends on what. I'll smoke a cigarette if I'm at a party and absolutely ****ed but otherwise nah. Will smoke "other" things (it's legal where I live after all) but rarely and typically only with good company. I consider myself an alcoholic and won't lie, drinking is a lot of fun but if you don't do it then IMO you're better off staying clean. If you do, everything in moderation. To each their own, just my .02. :p

Last edited:
I'm 20 and can legally do both but have absolutely no interest in either. Smoking is just plain gross and bad for you. While Alcohol just doesn't taste good to me, plus I really don't find the idea of getting druck fun.

I used to smoke but I switched to e-cigs since they're cheaper...I guess the health benefits are there too, but that's not why I did it.

I don't drink as much as I used to, but I drink. When I say "not as much as I used to", last year I got drunk pretty much every weekend at least, whilst this year it's barely even once a month.
Usually it's just enough for me to be 'fun' and sociable rather than the usual introvert that wants to go home, though I drink to the point of "I can't remember anything" a lot too. I'm not even ashamed, the stories of what I get up to in that state are always either amazing or end with a fascinating mystery not even Scooby and the gang can solve.

I'm happy to see so many people replying that they don't smoke! Personally, I grew up in a smoking household with many smoking family members. I'm autistic and therefore very sensitive to sights, sounds, smells, tastes, etc. The smell of smoke has always disgusted me and almost physically hurt my chest. In short, no I don't smoke.

My mom is a drug and alcohol councilor, so I've always had the "no drink no smoke" thing drilled into my head. I don't approve of drinking or smoking, but I support my friends who do. I try to remind them to eat a sandwich and drink water before and after they drink alcohol. I try to remind them to drink or smoke responsibly.

To those of you who smoke and/or drink, do so responsibly and safely!

I'm not interested in drinking or smoking. I'm underage so unless I obtained it illegally, I couldn't do it even if I were interested. I've heard that alcohol loosens up shy people and somehow makes them more social, but I don't think it's worth the damage (drinking before 21 hinders your brain growth).

I'll never smoke, vape, whatever. Same umbrella. I've drank alcohol, but I rarely do. I think the only time I do is New Year's Eve and even then I didn't this year because there wasn't any and I promised people I wouldn't.

both when i can get them. my parents do buy alcohol me for when i have a party/campout etc. and when i'm in the pub with them. cigarettes are a bit harder for me to get because it involves getting an older friend getting to go to the shop for me (lol) but turn october i'm 18 and free to buy and do everything anyway.

I will never smoke or do anything similar (i.e vape and whatever methods they come up with in the future). I probably won't drink really heavily, and I'm underage anyway.

ill never drink and smoke and i dont think id associate myself with people who drink and smoke heavily.

Last edited:
I've never had alcohol or smoked. I'm probably the only one in my family who hasn't smoked or had a sip of alcohol before.

Nope, I don't do neither. I know many people who I went to school with who did from an early age though. However, it's not my place to judge them as it's their life. Personally I have never done neither, because smoking is just not for me. I don't see the need to become dependent on something that just wastes money that can be spent elsewhere. Not saying all smokers become dependent on smoking - as some use it as a calming down mechanism occasionally. But from what i've observed some can get quite addicted to it. So that's why I don't bother with it - that and like an earlier comment I never really had a chance to experience it as I didn't hang around those who smoked and drank in school. With drinking, I'm turning 18 this year and I think I most likely will try it as i've always been quite interested in to what alcoholic beverages taste like. However, when I do try it it'd be in moderation and not something I do excessively. Or something I only do when i'm out with friends. I've always wanted to try cocktails though and ciders so I probably will be trying one or two. :)

Last edited:
Nah fam, I'm underage anyhow. I'll probably drink a little, but I am NOT smoking. I know some people who are addicted and I don't want that to be me.

I don't smoke and never plan on doing so just because it causes all sorts of nasty health problems and smells pretty gross as well.

I drink alcohol on very rare occasions, it's usually like for birthdays and parties... But it's really only like a small amount and something light. Sometimes the taste of alcohol can be quite disgusting to me so I like to drink stuff that you can't actually tell is alcoholic. ;) which can be dangerous too because then you end up drinking more than you realise. I've never been drunk though...

I'm underage, but I can see myself having a few drinks every once in a while when I'm older. But I will never ever smoke . My mom has bad lungs for birthing 3 children, so if she has any smoke in her system, she has to go to the hospital immediately, or else she'll die. None of my family on my mom side smokes (only my grandfather on my dad's side smokes but my grandfather left my dad so). I don't want to have go not be around my family because of smoking. Plus, it's very bad for you.

Back