Eggs
Old Eggs
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
I don't know can someone explain to me in depth, who she is and what she does?
I hear of her all the time, apparently she's a wierdo according to some friends of mine.

I don't know how to "explain in depth" but she's a pretty popular singer who competed in the voice in 2012 (I think)

Edit: Her songs often have adult themes but a "nice/innocent" sound, many people dislike her for that reason.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Shes some crazy pop singer who is obviously obsessed with DD:LG lifestyles (look it up...) and portrays this into her music, confusing little girls all around the world into thinking that it's "cool" I personally think that she has bad music and I dislike what she in cooperates into it.

i like some of her songs but honestly shes a major edgelord. her songs are apparently "loosely based" on her actual upbringing but i have a feeling its VERY loose and the entire crybaby album is moreso her taking advantage of dark themes for her music. some of her songs are too cringey/edgy for me to handle (mad hatter, gingerbread man, milk and cookies) but then i really see shes a very capable song writer in clever pieces like alphabet boy (cleverly, the lyrics spell out ABC with their primary themes in the sentence before the chorus which is neat), sippy cup, and i really love tag youre it. however, her music videos are ONE HUNDRED percent edge and worth nothing to me. she directs most of them herself it seems and it just makes it this huge mess of her own poor acting (she tries to make expressions to look "crazy" a lot but its just sort of cringey and horrible, she doesnt know how to act subtle), weird dialogue/character interaction, etc. but the sets are nice sometimes.

ive seen her live with my friend morgan (who LOVES her and was weeping very loudly at the concert, drawing concern from people in the crowd lmao...) and it was pretty fun, shes a decent live performer and the stage set was cool. its incredibly hard to hear or film her over the bass tho, at concerts the bass is STRONG and i mean WAY TOO STRONG like i tried recording it a little but the bass absolutely killed my phones audio and it sounded like garbage, like that DWAHHHH sound effect they play in dystopian movie trailers

overall, a singer/songwriter with decent potential but who relies on one theme/metaphor too strongly for their lyrics and is a little too edgy and also not a very good director. i like some of her songs, and shes fun live. i dont like people trying to put her in the same group with singer/songwriters like marina, id moreso compare her with halsey or similar edgy hipster headsingers

i like some of her songs but honestly shes a major edgelord. her songs are apparently "loosely based" on her actual upbringing but i have a feeling its VERY loose and the entire crybaby album is moreso her taking advantage of dark themes for her music. some of her songs are too cringey/edgy for me to handle (mad hatter, gingerbread man, milk and cookies) but then i really see shes a very capable song writer in clever pieces like alphabet boy (cleverly, the lyrics spell out ABC with their primary themes in the sentence before the chorus which is neat), sippy cup, and i really love tag youre it. however, her music videos are ONE HUNDRED percent edge and worth nothing to me. she directs most of them herself it seems and it just makes it this huge mess of her own poor acting (she tries to make expressions to look "crazy" a lot but its just sort of cringey and horrible, she doesnt know how to act subtle), weird dialogue/character interaction, etc. but the sets are nice sometimes.

ive seen her live with my friend morgan (who LOVES her and was weeping very loudly at the concert, drawing concern from people in the crowd lmao...) and it was pretty fun, shes a decent live performer and the stage set was cool. its incredibly hard to hear or film her over the bass tho, at concerts the bass is STRONG and i mean WAY TOO STRONG like i tried recording it a little but the bass absolutely killed my phones audio and it sounded like garbage, like that DWAHHHH sound effect they play in dystopian movie trailers

overall, a singer/songwriter with decent potential but who relies on one theme/metaphor too strongly for their lyrics and is a little too edgy and also not a very good director. i like some of her songs, and shes fun live. i dont like people trying to put her in the same group with singer/songwriters like marina, id moreso compare her with halsey or similar edgy hipster headsingers

Yeah she seems to follow this same theme in all of her songs, she kind of lacks any sort of diversity, imo. It would perhaps be nice to see her branch out and change her image as she makes new songs, that would be interesting. I have listened to a few of her songs but I don't really care for them, and I find her voice to be a little irritating to listen to at times. But I don't really like "edgy hipster" music anyway.

Yeah she seems to follow this same theme in all of her songs, she kind of lacks any sort of diversity, imo. It would perhaps be nice to see her branch out and change her image as she makes new songs, that would be interesting. I have listened to a few of her songs but I don't really care for them, and I find her voice to be a little irritating to listen to at times. But I don't really like "edgy hipster" music anyway.

yeah same. i really only like when she keeps her voice decently gentle in her songs, it can sound pretty beautiful at times. id love for her lyrics to mature, i think she has potential to write very intelligent things. a lot of new songwriters tend to struggle with being trapped in a box of thematic lyrics at first, so its to be expected

ever heard of google? i dont like melanie as a person, but she has a very soothing voice and her songs speak to me on a personal level.

Last edited:
Well, I had no idea who she is before stumbling upon this thread, and after reading all of the posts, I have come to a conclusion about this young gal:

2Yni481.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, you. She's a singer. From my point of view she's very popular because of her aesthetic, it's a very innocent, and it's a more vague version of the "ddlg" community and most people think it's really cute.

tbh i don't really like her. some of her songs are ok but as many ppl in this thread already have said, her songs are really edgy. and... uh .. the child-like and "crazy" theme is kind of ??????? why ..,.

and wait are her songs supposed to be based on her own childhood? lmao what... in what ways..., was she super scary as a child and no one came to her bday parties or what ;w;

melanie martinez's crybaby tells a story in the same way marina&the diamonds' "electra heart" does, if you're familiar with her style.

I think there's kind of a misconception going on with her art and her being considered a DD:LG idol. Although I can understand why she has been lumped into that community, I think her music speaks to a lot of different themes of child abuse, neglect and disassociation at an early age. I think the themes in her music are fairly deep, although her execution is not subtle at all and this makes her music somewhat unpalatable for those not actively seeking out psychologically jarring music. All in all, I think people should respect the fact that some artists need to make music art about trauma, especially at the hands of their parents, family, friends, ect, and try not to just lump this in as DD:LG in all regards.

It's kind of like Lolita culture and style - commonly misinterpreted as being some kind of DD:LG fetish, in actuality, completely the opposite for most Lolitas (this is me speaking as a Lolita who is part of the community).

Back