• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you like Amiibo?

They are a huge money grab but I find like the figures and cards to be of good quality enough that the money is worth it.

hqdefault.jpg

yeah

For someone so against the concept of them, I was really tricked into it. I have all of the first wave of SSB4 ambiio, and a few random ones from later releases.

My final purchase will be the Bayonetta ambiio, if it ever comes out.

Some of the more detailed small ones can get a bit funny, but I like them overall. I hardly ever use them in-games, honestly. I collect the ones I like because they're figures, and the game-related stuff is a bonus.

As a dude who owns a 43 unique amiibo figures, I believe that they're a solid addition for the current gen Nintendo consoles. Most of them are very well-detailed for a $12.99 figure. A lot of them (especially those from the Super Mario series) are compatible to a wide range of 3DS and Wii U titles.

My only complaint is that they don't do much to enhance the games, with the exception of the Shovel Knight amiibo. I'm still waiting for more games that utilize amiibo in more interesting ways than what we've seen so far. That reason alone explains why most of my amiibo are often relegated as collector's item.

If you were to test the waters with amiibo, I highly recommend you choose any of the first wave of the Super Mario amiibo line, as they are supported in many more games than any other amiibo.

I really do like amiibo. Ever since Super Smash Bros. Meleea and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I have always wanted real versions of the character trophies from the game and amiibo have pretty much fulfilled that dream for me.

*cough*ihave198amiibo*cough*

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd love to get some more but the insanely overprices they take here for it... no me gusta so I only have like the K.K one that I used for HHD lol.

I kinda like them, but kinda don't they're just like cheap nendoroids, I only have one amiibo, and that is the squid girl from Splatoon.

Last edited:
Well idek they are cheaper than nen's for sure here lol. I kinda want the new Kirby one and FE ones though.

I think that they're alright. The figures themselves are usually pretty nice looking and serve as an optional add-on to a game. I never actually use them for in-game purposes myself though; I think that they're mainly just fun to collect.

I truly hate the concept of amiibos but those animal crossing ones just looks sooo good! rip

I like some of the more detailed ones like the Zelda, Fire Emblem, and Kid Icarus amiibos. I don't like that they don't do much to add to the games though. It is also too hard to find some of them.

I know that they're a money-making scheme for Nintendo, and I really hate that part about them. But considering my closet is full of them... Yeah, I'm gonna say I like amiibo.

I think they're p neat! don't have any yet, though. hooray for being poor as heck?
someday, though... >__>;;

As collectibles and cheap Nintendo merch, I like them a lot. Gamewise I don't really see any added benefits to any of them. Most they unlock could have been tweaked into the game as "cheats" or something fun to unlock.

Back