• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Which do you prefer? Welcome Bells or Seashells?

Welcome bells or seashells?

• Welcome bells are better!

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • Seashells all the way!

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Both are great.

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Aali

ACNL still rules me
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Lump of Coal
Jingle Christmas Doll
Timmy Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
I was just wondering which you think is better. Yes, I know seashells were made so people don't make alts and transfer the 700tbt (i think it was that much) to their main account. But I think welcome bells are better (lucky I joined before they got discontinued) because shells limit you to account 'cosmetics' which I personally don't care for :/

I don't care none of it really affects me considering I can't get them because in not new.

I got the seashells because I was not active before they discontinued the feature. I did well even without the welcome bells and I think the seashells serve their purpose.

welcome bells duh. seashells cant really buy you anything except for those name change whatever which is useless to some users. cant even buy acnl items with it so welcome bells are better.

700tbt would have been way better than seashells. but i'm glad they brought out seashells anyway because I was too late for welcome bells and would have got nothing, so seashells are better than nothing

Welcome bells were horrendously problematic from a staff point of view, so seashells 100%.

Their both good in their own ways; with welcome bells, you can buy cheap addons and/or collectibles, and with seashells, you can buy more expense addons.

The welcome bells are obviously better as you can actually spend them on anything you want. It's not like the seashells were meant to be better in that regard, it's just closing the abuse loopholes. I don't think many users would prefer the seashells unless they really want a name change.

That said, the seashells do actually have a higher potential value as Araie pointed out. That's because we could offer more bells knowing the they can't actually go back to other users in the economy, or be abused like before. The welcome bells were higher than 700 bells at one point too, so the new seashells value is closer to the original value.

Welcome bells. Then you can spend them on anything you want. It is a shame they were abused though.

welcome bells duh. seashells cant really buy you anything except for those name change whatever which is useless to some users. cant even buy acnl items with it so welcome bells are better.

Would you rather spend 1,200 TBT Bells on a Name Change or 10 Seashells?

The welcome bells are obviously better as you can actually spend them on anything you want. It's not like the seashells were meant to be better in that regard, it's just closing the abuse loopholes. I don't think many users would prefer the seashells unless they really want a name change.

That said, the seashells do actually have a higher potential value as Araie pointed out. That's because we could offer more bells knowing the they can't actually go back to other users in the economy, or be abused like before. The welcome bells were higher than 700 bells at one point too, so the new seashells value is closer to the original value.

I understand, I was just curious and what people liked best

- - - Post Merge - - -

Would you rather spend 1,200 TBT Bells on a Name Change or 10 Seashells?

Guess it depends on the person because I never want to change my name

i guess overall, welcome bells have a lot more use throughout the forum, but seashells basically give you a free username change that would cost 1.2k tbt otherwise. honestly, i made a majority of my bells by posting anyway, and had well over 700 tbt by the time i actually started using tbt, so i am a bit envious of those who got the seashells due to username change (because i've been wanting one, but don't want to spend a huge chunk of my bells on the change??). but i do still think welcome bells are more beneficial overall

You can pretty much buy anything with the bells but the seashells are mainly for getting animated avatars, username changes etc.

I don't care, I never got seashells (i'm a 2014 member), so it doesn't really matter

You can pretty much buy anything with the bells but the seashells are mainly for getting animated avatars, username changes etc.

Which is why the seashells are good, you don't have to waste bells on a username change or animated avatar! :)

Welcome bells, but I didn't get any bells because I joined in early February

The welcome bells were higher than 700 bells at one point too, so the new seashells value is closer to the original value.

curious, but is there a timeline of sorts or anything about welcome bell earnings for members?

looking, my overall total was 900 welcome bells, but I think I vaguely remember some other older members mentioning it being more than that at one point too. unless my memory is just playing tricks on me

Last edited:
Welcome bells, since I'd rather buy collectibles than add-ons, but considering the prices of add-ons/shells versus add-ons/bells, the seashells are better if you're wanting add-ons more so than collectibles or pure tbt.

Back