• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Thoughts on Brexit (Britain leaving the EU)?

Should Britain leave the EU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think we should leave. I'll be honest, I've been so busy with uni work this year that I haven't been able to do the in-depth research that I wanted to do, but from what I've gathered I think it would be better to stay and that's what I'm gonna vote. There are good and bad points for each side though, I'm not fanatically either way.

I don't care very much, so naturally I'm just going to go with the stay option just because it's the same for me. Aside from familiarity, eh, whatever.

Why brexit though...?

i'm voting no. i think there are some valid reasons to leave but the pros outweigh the cons. i kind of want to do the opposite of whatever david cameron wants though

i'm not british but tbh i think they should stay. it seems like some people just want to get the good things about EU and not the bad things or rules which is just Eh Okay. .., if you want to be able to get all the good things w being in the union then you also need to give stuff to it ..,,

It's hard to say, there are ups and downs to both arguments, but I'm voting to stay in the EU, just because I've never lived in a time before the EU so I've not really experienced life NOT being in the EU... So I don't know any different. And I'm mostly happy with how things are at the moment (or maybe it's because I'm still young so = more ignorant? but oh well I guess we have to learn), plus it's too risky to leave, there's so many possibilities of things that could happen but no one can really tell how much it's going to affect us, so... I'm just not for that haha.

abort mission before turkey joins the EU and we get swarms of EU and non-EU immigrants alike taking our jobs, raising living costs, not to mention the effects that the collapse of the EU would have on our beautiful, prosperous country. many EU countries are struggling to keep their heads above water both socially and economically, some of them having to sell the gold in their central banks to oversea powers such as russia and china, effectively becoming puppet regimes (looking at you greece and cyprus). we already have a crisis of wealthy chinese, russian oligarchs buying up all the property in London, leaving no affordable housing for the future generation of real englishmen and women. won't even go into the immigration crisis in major cities like london. we need an independent england, free from EU instability and regulations. the first few years will be tough as we scramble to find new ways to make up for the lost benefits of EU membership, but i strongly believe london's economic might will ensure that the EU exit will pay off in the long run.

I agree with everything you say mate. Britain is just too full, we don't have room to keep letting people in indefinitely. We need to help out our own homless, poor and disabled people first. *Old Fart mode on* When I was growing up in the 80s and early 90s, you could just walk into a job, a good paid one. Same with a doc's appointment. No food banks and all the kids I knew got a place at their local schools, no problem. *Old Fart mode off*.

My family and I are also worried for the NHS. If this link is not allowed, please delete it: http://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ip-damage-cancer-research-collapse-NHS-health

Last edited:
I'm voting stay. I voted stay in the Scottish referendum also.

Last edited:
I don't know because I'm not British, but I'm starting to think that it would be better if they don't.

I think they should. I agree with a lot of what Milo Yiannopoulos says here.

I really don't know much about Brexit, so if I were a British citizen, I'd know as much about what I'm voting for as the average American knows when they are voting in their own elections. My gut says vote exit because I wouldn't like the idea of having laws for my country somewhat dependent on what people from other countries think. The EU should either be an all-in thing where they literally become one country or should not exist at all and every country should be completely sovereign.

The words I have to speak on this matter are not appropriate given the nature and average age of the user-base for this forum.

I voted no. I'm going to leave it at that.

I'm voting to remain. And Meg-Mog and I will be repeating our actions from last month of sprinting to the polling station last minute after yoga. Hopefully we make it just on time again!

I'm not sure, but I'll probably vote remain since we can have another referendum in the future but getting back in the EU if we can't make it alone would be super difficult.

Back