• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Newbie Mafia: Steven Universe Mafia [END - Town + Shiida Win!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

· · · · · • ◦ ☆ ◦ • · · · · ·
Bells
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Hello Clods! Welcome to Mafia!

21ezxw4.jpg

Game over, town wins!​

[ Day 1 ] [ Night 1 ]
[ Day 2 ] [ Night 2 ]
[ Day 3 ] [ Night 3 ]
[ Day 4 ]
[ End Game ]

The wonderful Crys (@Gun) and I have decided to start a "Newbie" mafia game. The purpose of this game is to introduce new players to game, and sharpen up the skills of returning players. Please do us hosts the respect to read the whole thread if you are serious about joining. We'd love to have you!

As stated above, Newbie mafia is a smaller version of mafia that serves a purpose to make people comfortable with the game. Never played a mafia game in your life? No problem! As long as you have a general understanding of what to do (after reading this thread) you will have no problem playing!
We have "Coaches" set for this game. If you have any questions about how to play during the game, feel free to PM the designated people (I will let you know who they are.)

My plan is to make this game as simple as possible, I know what it's like to be a confused new player myself. This game is themed "Steven Universe," but it does not require any knowledge of the show to play. The theme is just there to help with role names and similar host stuff.

I'm really glad you decided to play! This is my first game I've ever hosted so I will try my best to make it fun.​
Mafia is a game of the uninformed majority versus the informed minority. To elaborate, the game is typically divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town players on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Town than Mafia. The objective of the game is for Town to eliminate by killing or lynching all the Mafia before it is too late. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day revolves around voting for a player to be lynched. Night is reserved for the Mafia to make their kills and certain players to use their special abilities.

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically.
* experienced players can skip this!
(Written By KarlaKGB)

Welcome to TBT Mafia. Mafia is a game of the informed minority versus the uninformed majority. To elaborate, the game is divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Townies than Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day will generally last 48 hours and revolve around voting for a player to be lynched. Each player (including Mafia) get one vote, and players must figure out who the Mafia are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is lynched, and their alignment and role are revealed.

Night is typically 24 hours long and is reserved for Mafia night kills and players with special abilities. Usually, players discuss the results of the lynch at night, and make plans for the next day. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the lynch begin anew.

Mafia is a game of logic, intuition, persuasiveness, reading ability, emotion, and will. In short, its a thinking man's game. There are many different ways to approach the game and every game is a very different experience. In addition, Mafia is not for the faint-hearted or overly emotional. While not occurring every game, sometimes people can get into very heated arguments with one another. People can get very emotional playing Mafia, as it is a high-intensity endeavour. That being said, playing Mafia is an excellent to develop thick skin, improve your patience, and make yourself a stronger person mentally.​

Player List
* With Filters. Click someone's name to see all of their posts!
1. Miharu - Lars (Killed N1)
2. Kirbystarship - Lapis (Killed N1)
3. Locket - Steven (Modkilled D3)
4. Sparro - Ruby (Lynched D3)
5. Moonbrink - Kiki (Lynched D2)
6. Seroja
7. Cadbberry
8. tui - Greg (Killed N2)
9. Lucanosa - Jamie (Killed N3)
10. Cass123
11. Rosetti
12. Esphas Connie (Lynched D1)
13. Shiida
14. Qwerty111
15. Mogyay

Minties
Curry
Chrystina
Entropy
KarlaKGB
--
Dolby

Tae

Ayaya

Bullets

Call Me Daniel

Oak

Tom

Players Still Alive: 07 / 15
Mafia Remaining: ??
Mafia Killing Power (How many people mafia can kill at Night): 1​

Helpful Links to help you understand the game:

A Helpful Flash Presentation (I RECOMMEND!)
A General Guide to Mafia
Mafia General Thread
TBT Mafia Wiki
Mafia Wiki

Last edited:
Game Setup​

Outside of Thread Communication
You are not allowed to PM other users about the game.
Day/Night Cycle
Days will be 48 hours long, with nights at 24 hours. Day/Night cycles will end at 12 PM PST, and results may be posted in a hour at 1 PM PST to prepare. The thread will be locked when the phase is over. Day/Night cycles may be sped up later in the game.

Replacements

This game will use replacements until day 3. Any rule-breakers/inactives will be modkilled afterwards.

This is a semi-open setup, roles listed can possibly appear in the game. Rolenames are unique.

General Mafia Rules

Cheating includes (but is not limited to):

1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.

Mod Font:
This is the mod colour. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
This is the question colour. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me or Jacob.

Spam:
Strategic spam is acceptable, within reason.

Activity: You must contribute one substantial post at least once every full day/night cycle(being inactive for a night phase then day phase also counts). This means that if you only make one post, it needs to be more substantial than simply saying "I agree" or "RIP". If you post multiple times, this rule may may be less strict. There may be exceptions to this if day/night phases progress rapidly at any stage in the game. You also must vote at least once every two days. Please be on your best behavior during this game to avoid being banned.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled.

Inappropriate posts:
Mafia games can get heated and emotional. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia stays in Mafia.

Observers' Chat:
While dead players will be keen to give valuable "insight" into the game, please refrain from revealing game-changing information (eg. the identities of your fellow Mafia).

Play to win.
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game.

Voting

This game uses plurality lynch. Whoever has the most amount of votes by the end of the day will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the person first to reach the amount of votes will be lynched. You must vote at least once every two days or be modkilled. Voting but not posting at all will not spare you from a modkill.

You may vote for yourself. You may vote for no lynch. You must vote for an alive player in the game. Joke votes(ex. Voting for the host or people not playing) is tolerated. As long as it is not excessive and annoying after a while.

You vote in the following format ##VOTE: USERNAME. To unvote, simply type ##UNVOTE in the voting thread.

Coaching

If you would like to be a coach, please ask in thread, discord, vms or pms.
Dolby, Ayaya, Byuntae, Call Me Daniel, Natty, Oak

If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. I will not compensate for ignorance!

Also just letting people know that signups are not first come first serve, so a total nub has more priority than some that has played 7 games

Last edited:
Role List:

Town:

• Townie
  • Beach City Resident - You are a resident of Beach City, you must protect your home from those who want to destroy it. You care much about Steven and want aide him and the Crystal Gems in defending Earth. Your only weapon is your voice and your vote.

Possible townie names:
    Peedee FrymanSour CreamMr. Fryman
    ConnieKofi
    Nanefua
    Greg Universe
    JamieKiki
    Jenny
    SadieRonaldo Fryman
    Mr. Smiley
    Lars
    Bill DeweyBuck DeweySour Cream

• Veteran
  • Amethyst - Amethyst is fun-loving and carefree. Loud and full of laughter, she is easily amused and very impulsive. She is bad-mannered, rude, untidy, but still good-hearted and protective. Her overprotectiveness of her junk marks her as somewhat of a hoarder. Amethyst was made artificially to fight in war. She is extremely strong and Tough. You are the veteran. You have 2 night lives, needing to be shot two times to die at night.

• Detective
  • Sapphire - Sapphire is very compassionate, fair and level-headed as well as patient. She is shown to be quick to understand a puzzle or situation.Sapphire usually appears cold and distant to others, a trait that is sometimes reflected in Garnet. This is because she possesses precognition and can see the resolution of events before they have happened. Because of her future Sight, Sapphire is the Cop, allowing the player to receive the alignment of a certain player once per night..

• Doctor
  • Pearl - Pearl is a perfectionist knowledgeable on a plethora of topics that values organizations. Pearl has a penchant for symmetry and a high attention to details. Despite her pessimistic perspective of humans, Pearl is extremely dedicated to her cause in protecting humanity more or less out of her love, loyalty, and admiration for Rose Quartz. She does, however, find certain aspects of Earth rather amazing. Pearl Fights for Earth as that's what rose Quartz would want her to do. As a doctor, each Night, You can protect someone From a Night Kill.

• Jack-of-all-trades
  • Steven Universe - Steven is an optimistic, amicable, outgoing, and carefree boy with a happy-go-lucky attitude that is appreciated by many of the citizens of Beach City in one way or another. Steven is also very kind-hearted, good-natured, and compassionate, and he deeply loves his friends and family. He is friendly toward almost everyone he meets, rarely holds grudges, and is very non-discriminatory, never treating anyone with prejudice, even towards his enemies. No matter the situation, Steven will always go out of his way to support his loved ones, even if it means putting his life on the line. Inheriting Powers from his mother; Steven can inspect learning the alignment of a player, Protect stopping them from Night kills, Block stopping them From Night Kills and Shoot killing them.

• Garnet - Garnet is a power fusion made from the best features of Ruby and Sapphire. She took responsibility of caring for the Crystal Gems after Roses death. She is anti social around strangers, but a great care-taker around the Crystal Gems. Because she is a fusion and great leader; she has powers, 1 block, 1 save, 1 inspection and 1 kill to be used as the Jack of All Trades.

• 1-shot Vigilante
  • Ruby - Ruby mainly embodies Garnet's strength and courage. Ruby is extremely passionate and emotional. She is known to have a short temper and violent ways of exhibiting her anger. Despite her wild emotions, Ruby is still very willing to admit when she has taken her anger too far and will admit when she is in the wrong. Your fiery Passion and strength allow you to have one shot to kill a player at night, use it wisely and at the right time.

• Miller
  • Rose Quartz - Roes Quartz is the beautiful leader of Earth Rebellion, but before she was something else, a high ranking gem back in Homeworld. She is respected by all even the enemy. Because of this, if you are inspected at Night, you will show up as Homeworld Gem to inspections. (Mafia)

Mafia:

• Godfather
  • Lapis Lazuli - While she is kind and friendly with Steven Universe, Lapis Lazuli is bitter, vindictive, and mistrusting towards all the other Crystal Gems, believing they care more about the Earth than their own kind, due to their betrayal of Homeworld and leaving her trapped in the mirror after finding her. Due to having Steven’s Trust, Lapis shows up as Earth Defender to inspections. You can only send in kills for your team, as you have no other abilities.

• Mafia Roleblocker
  • Jasper - Jasper is ruthless and headstrong, as well as a brutal combatant. A high-ranking Gem warrior and veteran of the Rebellion, Jasper is very authoritative and militaristic which affects her teammates, Peridot, and Lapis Lazuli. Jasper has powers such as Her Gem destabilizer and Crash Helmet which allows her to stop enemies right In Their Tracks. Once a night, you able to block a player, stopping them from doing any actions that Night. You can send in KP.

• 1-shot Mafia Strongman
  • Peridot - Peridot is shown to be morose, ruthless, and biased. She is skilled with Gem technology and works for the Homeworld Gems as a technician and takes her work seriously. Peridot is more than proficient with gem technology. Her knowledge is enough for her to pass through obstacles around Her. Thus, You are able to send in 1 kill in the game, that can’t be stopped by anything, protections and extra Lives included. You can send in regular kp.

Third Party:

• Survivor
  • Onion - Onion is a beach city resident...and a mysterious child that is mischievous with his fellow neighbors at beach city. He needs to live to... have time for other plans. Onion also doesn't care much the fighting. You are they survivor, to win, you need to live until the game ends.

Last edited:
Just make sure you draw rose quartz as skinny to start the #triggering

Obs please.

Thanks everyone so much for the interest, truly means a lot. (TELL YOUR FRIENDS xo)

But yes @Moonbrink, the full rules are still not posted yet, but they are fairly straight forward. When Crys has it all up we will notify this thread.

oh I hope I can get Ayaya <3

/in pls

thank you so much for hosting Jacob & Crys~ been waiting for this.

Obs please. I'm already playing in Dolby's game. Since they and another player are coaches I think it would be inappropriate to play in this one. What does obs entail besides lurking on the thread?

Obs please. I'm already playing in Dolby's game. Since they and another player are coaches I think it would be inappropriate to play in this one. What does obs entail besides lurking on the thread?
You're PM'd a QuickTopic and you can discuss the game with the others that also signed up for observers :)

I'd really suggest playing this game over dolbys bc it's a noob game and players are more on par with what you'll be bringing to the game. it'll be a more gentle introduction to mafia in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back