• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Poll subforum in brewsters

piichinu

live laugh love :)
Bells
Pink Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Rose
Coco
Ruby
Heart Glow Wand
Toy Hammer
Toy Hammer
Toy Hammer
Toy Hammer
Yoshi Easter Egg
These one word answer polls are kinda annoying since everyone keeps making them for tbt and they just never end, so how about a poll subforum for questions that can be answered in a single word?

edit: or for preference polls if that's too much

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea to me. If you just look at the first page of brewsters, over half of it it polls

We'd want to encourage less polls if anything most likely, not more, which is what a dedicated board would do. Perhaps instead it would make more sense for us to include very low content polls under our Post Quality rules.

I agree with this, brewsters is dominated by polls, not saying there's anything wrong with that but if they had their own subfourm for polls/"this or that" then brewsters would be filed with more discussion threads rather than threads that only have a few word answers

These one word answer polls are kinda annoying since everyone keeps making them for tbt

Just an FYI, the amount of bells you get for creating a poll was lowered.
So if you're making polls to farm TBT bells, sorry but you're outta luck!

As for the poll spam, I'm sure it's just a phase like the pizza threads were 1.5 years ago. But like Jubs said, if they continue, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of filing the more pointless polls under post quality.

Polls with no discussion value should go in the Basement where any other thread with no discussion value goes. Maybe the mods could start moving them there and eventually people will get the hint.

Last edited:
Polls with no discussion value should go in the Basement where any other thread with no discussion value goes. Maybe the mods could start moving them there and eventually people will get the hint.

I think the staff should try this. I don't think they should change post quality for polls :/ i always thought those polls were supposed to be in the basment anyways

I find that a lot of polls are repeat threads too, but I don't know if what an "old thread" is has been determined so I don't usually report them unless the first thread was only made like a week ago

Just an FYI, the amount of bells you get for creating a poll was lowered.
So if you're making polls to farm TBT bells, sorry but you're outta luck!

Is it just me or does this seem like it would have people make more polls? I don't know, that's just how I see it. If i was a poll farmer this would make me want to post more polls :/

Is it just me or does this seem like it would have people make more polls? I don't know, that's just how I see it. If i was a poll farmer this would make me want to post more polls :/

If they're poll farming they should really step outside. Jokes aside, if they were farming it for bells creating a load of posts does nothing for them. It'd be easier to post in the AC boards for more bells.

If they're poll farming they should really step outside. Jokes aside, if they were farming it for bells creating a load of posts does nothing for them. It'd be easier to post in the AC boards for more bells.

Ph, ok. That makes sense, thanks for clearing that up for me ^_^

AND I WILL NEVER GO OUTSIDE *hiss*

I'm so sick of these mf polls everywhere.

EDIT: wtf I don't remember waking up at 8 to post this :(

Last edited:
We'd want to encourage less polls if anything most likely, not more, which is what a dedicated board would do. Perhaps instead it would make more sense for us to include very low content polls under our Post Quality rules.

just make it so poll subforum also doesn't give any bells

Back