• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What is the story behind your town's name?

My favorite manga when I was playing the first Animal Crossing game was Paradise Kiss. I liked the idea of calling my town Paradise (oh, young me...). It seems kind of cliche now but I can't stop. All my towns since the Gamecube Animal Crossing have been named Paradise. I don't like town names that limit me to one theme. I'm pretty bad at naming things too. I never give nicknames to my Pokemon haha.

I remember making a poll with Starlight and one or two other names

I posted it to my old animal crossing Tumblr asking people to vote
then someone reminded me that Starlight was too long lol woops

so then someone suggested Starlite and I was like oh heck yes

so there we go ;)

My town is called Eden.
I wanted to name it Paradise, because it will be a paradise, but I thought that was too cliche. I also wanted something from Hebrew, which is one of my mother tongues.
Eden comes from Gan Eden (the Garden of Eden), which is paradise in Hebrew.

Edelwood from Over the garden wall
I like so much this cartoon and inspired me for a forest town name

I was listening to Gasolina by Daddy Yankee..and so my town name is Gasolina haha

It was late and I wanted to get away from naming my towns after flowers/floral things all the time so Stardust

Dawnclif. First off, I wanted it to be Dawncliff, but ran out of characters... When I was making my town, I wanted a nice name themed around the sunrise/set. I had finally settled on dawn, I guess partly because I'm always about early enough to usually catch the sunrise. Lastly, I just stuck clif on the end because I figured watching a sunrise from atop a really big cliff ought to look really pretty. I guess I live on a hill, so I can see something pretty close, but a cliff his better aestethic I suppose!

My newest town is called Zara because I was shopping for a jacket while resetting and I'm unoriginal.

I used to watch this this korean flash animation where these characters lived in a forest called "Hohohohaha forest" or something like that when I was a tween. So I named my town HeeHee, because it's cute but still carries an eerie overtone.

Back