• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What is the story behind your town's name?

My towns as of now I name Snowleaf. It was Snowvale then I changed the vale to leaf because I liked the thought of having snow on a leaf, it looked pretty in my head x3

So my town's name is Griffin. I've always really liked the name Griffin for whatever reason, but I never really used it for anything. I chose it for my acnl town name because irl I live kind of nearish to Phoenix so I was like "oh haha I'll just name it Phoenix." Then I realized how lazy that was so I tried to think of things similar to that. In my mind, phoenixes and griffins are really similar (because they both are some part bird I guess??) so I thought a good substitute for Phoenix was Griffin and it just stuck.

New Bark as it was Gen 2 was the first Pokemon generation that I really got in to! I am a huge Pokemon fan and in a weird kind of way New Bark feels like home.

Plus I think it sounds kinda cute :)

Last edited:
I'm bad at names and I'm gay, thus the town name Gay. Amazing, heartwarming story, I know.

I'm bad at names and I'm gay, thus the town name Gay. Amazing, heartwarming story, I know.

Well look on the bright side, it means you're out of the closet... in your town at least? XD

Anywho mine's the italian word for "mill"... because the windmill in the upper middle of the map is supposed to be the symbol of it... there's a brand of kids' snacks in Itay that has that word in its name so... I grew up eating that shizz and listening to their ads all the time on TV. Also one of their ads was filmed near my house at some point. As a result I kind of always associate windmills with my childhood in general. Which is what most of my town's supposed to be for me.

I know I probably sound pretentious af lol I'm sorry.

i used a ACNL town name generator because i was lazy. my first town was named schmeldon because i fit a few vowels and stuff together and thought it worked.

My town name is Karazhan, which is my favourite raid in World of Warcraft.

Last edited:
My main town is called Haunton, because as you can gather from my username I like things involving horror. When pronounced it sounds like the word haunting, and I feel the "-ton" at the end ties it together nicely and makes it sound like a plausible name for a real town.

I wanted my town to have something to do with The Last Airbender, which is my favourite show in the world, so I chose the name Azulon (like the gates of Azulon/firelord Azulon). :)

My main town's named Xanadu, not sure where I've heard it from, but I also used that name on my GC version awhile back. My second town is named Amazonia, after the Amazoness Quartet from Sailor Moon. All four human characters are also named after them, too.

pn?vma because it's a beautiful sounding word & my town has a spiritual forest theme. it means spirit in greek

honestly, this is the most inspiring thing i've heard all year. thank you, Mayor of Gay

First I put Lucas for the character because I love the name, so much that it has almost become a pseudonym to me.

Then Twinleaf because I liked the sound of it and trivia aside it's a very dear name to me from Pok?mon. It seems it's a slightly common name in AC and some people don't like that. But to be honest I couldn't care less, the name means something to me and I picked it before knowing anything about the AC online community so I don't feel like I bandwagoned on it.

My town is named Yarrow. Yarrow is a cute little plant/herb that has white flowers & smells delicate.

My ACWW town name is Lorelei, from the story about a mermaid named Lorelei~~

I saw Cashmere written once on a map of Queensland when watching the weatherman. It just sounded cute and classy to me. :)

I've had multiple town names for each game but some more common. I got Wild World around that day it came out and I was 5. Now I still couldn't read so when I was asked my name, I thought it wanted my name and age as I was online and signed up for stuff before. So I put "drake5." After that, I was asked the town name and I still didn't know what it wanted and I thought, "My name!" so I put "drake5" again. So it was me, drake5, living in the town... of drake5. (Quick note, all the doors looked weird and I thought they were "magical portals" as I've never played a life sim like this before.) Now for City Folk, this one I played with my mom so we played it together at times. I could read now so when it came time for my town name, my mom thought of the idea of combining her name, Kristi, with my name, Drake. Somehow it became Driston even though combining names wouldn't make that but I liked it, it stuck. So I used that one. And finally, for New Leaf, I named Driston for my first town and out of all the 7 town resets I had, Woodland is my favorite.

Last edited:
Back