• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What is the story behind your town's name?

My New Leaf town is Trailmix, because at the time, I was snacking on trailmix. This was how I choose my Wild World town name way back then, town was Mallow because I was eating marshmallows, and I'm not that imaginative 😂

My city folk town was called The Dam, I had recently been on a trip to Amsterdam and fell in love with the city.

It's from a song.
Mirotic - DBSK.
Have a listen of the live version or watch the music video. LOL

my town is called morning because i made my town at 9 in the morning

yeah

My towns name was originally swatch but I changed it to willow as my town developed because it fit my town better :p

Elwynne is just a name that I think is a pleasant-sounding and aesthetically pleasing town name.

Sirius is a star that is seemingly one of the brightest. :eek:

I want to make a Sun/Moon town, so I thought this would be a good name for it. :p

I chose Everwood because I wanted a forest themed town, and I couldn't really think of anything that would fit so I used a generator and Everwood ended up being my favourite.

As for Pandora, I named my town that because I was playing Borderlands 2 as I was trying to come up with a new town name. It seemed like a good idea because I was/am totally obsessed with Borderlands, and Pandora's Jar in Greek Mythology is also super cool and one of my favourite tales in mythology.

Last edited:
All of my old towns up until New Leaf were named Friendly. After the GC version I named it after tradition. In the GC version, I named it Friendly... because I think I was four or five and I desperately wanted all of my villagers to be... you guessed it... Friendly... cringe.

I'm picky about names for whatever reason, but I eventually settled with "Everwood", which I kept for several years until now, when I restarted my original town. Now, it's "Rainwood". (which is obviously similar) I picked it because, well.. I live in western WA, which is known for raining constantly, so.. I guess my logic was it's new, yet still familiar, and fits with my RL location.

Last edited:
My current town is called Mars.

Not too much of an explanation behind it asides from I've always been fascinated with the planet and its my favorite planet too.

Also, huge Sailor Moon fan and Sailor Mars/Rei is definitely my favorite c:

Thor?nia my first town was based on Thor the god. I also wanted a french accent. Most of the people that visit my town, didn't even think of Thor or something.
My second town Juniper sounds to me just so relaxing, until a friend of mine said, that it sounds like jupiter. So you could say it's based on jupiter.

My town is called Diamond because pokemon diamond was the first ds game I was ever obsessed with and I was playing it right before I got acnl.

My towns name is Sakura because i love cherry blossom trees and i always wanted to go to Japan to see the cherry blossom festival also see the rest of Japan.

My town is Owlton; honestly, I wanted something unique and I absolutely adore owls, so I thought, "why not?" And thus the name was born. It sounds foresty, yet formal at the same time, and I love it.

Mine doesn't really have a story behind it , I was originally going to call it Flower but when I was resetting for the perfect town layout I named it Flowers just for test and when Rover said "so your going to the town of Flowers?" It just sounded nice!

Back