• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What is the story behind your town's name?

IWantPeanut

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
what is your towns name and what inspired you to call it that?

My town is called Dreams because on the same day I got acnl I got a Munna from a pokemon capsule machine, I guess receiving the dream eater pokemon inspired me to call my town Dreams :')

Poopsvil was PBG's town.
Since AC is a huge world, I called it Worldvil.

I chose Neveland, because I wanted to have a fairy-tale theme to my town. You know, being obsessed with Once Upon a Time and all... And after many attempts of finding something that would fit the character limit, I chose Neverland and just took out the r. It sounds like how Hook would say it anyways.

Songflow's name was chosen from my love for music. Plus, it just sounded beautiful, and I loved how well it sounded. ^^

Last edited:
Junes is from the game 'Persona 4,' my favorite game/anime.
Inaba was taken by my friend who cosplays as Yu, and seeing as I cosplay as Yosuke in our group, Junes was a perfect fit. :) Although I named it Junes, it has more of an Inaba feel in theme design.

There's no real story behind my town name except that I made a thread asking for help with town names and somebody suggested Milk and I thought it was a really cute name. So after that it just stuck and i've had my town for 4 months now. I don't think i'll be changing the name for a long time, i'm really happy with it.

i just really like lavenders..
lol but actually, i wanted my town to be a cute lilac themed town but i flopped, so i turned it into a kawaii town and that flopped so now im turning it into a forest town and i think Lavender sounds cute for just about any town too lol.

the name i used to go by was 'okaburi', a combination based off the meaning of my rl name. i wanted a japanese themed town at first, so i started looking for names, but none of them really rang a bell. i kind of had an epiphany when my friend was talking about a character and i suggested she name him jinbei since it had a nice ring to it, and then i realised that i really liked it myself. i was going to use jinbei, but somewhere along the line i decided to mash names and okubei it became.~

My town was meant to be named after the main home of Lucas from Mother 3, however I changed it slightly because at the time I wanted something similar to it, yet unique in it's own right. :'0

Well zebilage it's actually saying the village but with a mixed of zebra

The> zeb
Village > village

Zebilage

Lovely it's a town saying that it's love and cute.... Lovely~

Purely it's a mix of purple and sounding like a gem (I believe)

Ratoulle it's saying ratatouille in another way

Twilight because going for a spacey type theme, with dark and colored flowers.

My wild world was named Rock, no idea why. It just seemed like a good idea, and my new leaf is called Capitol. After the hunger games.

Back