What is the story behind your town's name?

my town right now paraiso is spanish for paradise. i wanted to name my other town celestic but i feel like anything that has celes in it has been ruined by thirsty bronies and their fetishy princess celestica fanart.

im planning to name my town for the next game PoyoTown or po town (pokemon already beat me to it tho)

I named my town Mooville because my that's what my sister named her town years ago, and I have no originality.

Acre, because it's an acre of land.

To be honest I couldn't think of anything and it sounded short and sweet.

Shinhama, which to my understanding roughly translates to "New Shore". I created it the day my SO and I moved to Seattle together after several years of being in an LDR.

My first two towns were named "Nintendo" and "New Leaf", in my opinion they're very (!!) boring. So i decided to delete them and create a new better city. I wanted something, that nobody has. I wanted a Accent (?) in the Name and so I just took some random names and played a bit with the order of letters and so I came up with "Thor?nia". I like it, and that since almost 4 years!

the town im working on now (Chiffon), i chose that name because its a dessert themed town and i wanted a name that sounded kinda fancy but not over the top, low and behold i found "chiffon" which luckily for me was actually the name of a cake.

SONO CHI NO SADAAAAMMMMEEEE!!!!!!!!

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I remember when I got animal crossing new leaf back when it first came out, I was sitting there staring at my game thinking, "what the heck am I going to name my town?!" I thought about different things I liked and pokemon was one of those things that came to mind. So, I named my town Kanto. Sure, I've started over my game a lot, but my current town is named Kanto now like my original acnl town was. I would get bored with the name Kanto, but I always go back to it. I'm planning on keeping the Kanto I have now though. :3

My second towns name is Acorn, I just really thought it was cute and it gave me an idea for a foresty/woodsy kind of town!

my town is called Hooptown becuse it was meant to have a basketball theme, every house was gonna have a basketball hoop in it, and the flowers were all gonna be orange and blue to match my favorite team's colors.

it's still a work in progress... :rolleyes:

Kaigan is Japanese for beach, seashore, shore, and coast. I'm pretty sure I was looking for a kawaii sounding name that had meaning for me because my favorite place in the US is in Rockport in Massachusetts and so I was probably dreaming about going back there and so I was looking for a good name for beach besides the English word of it xD

Owl City - I named my main town Owl City after Adam Young's music project, Owl City. My boyfriend showed me him all the way back in like 7th/8th grade, and I fell in love. Many, many years later, we're still together and bonding over Owl City. :)

Beforus - I named my cycling town Beforus after one of the planets in Homestuck. Beforus was more lenient and nice than Alternia, and I enjoy the atmosphere more. Also it sounds cooler than Alternia.

Oricorio - I named my second "main" town Oricorio after my favourite generation seven Pokemon.

Well, before playing Animal Crossing I sort of looked up some YouTube videos on the game (I wanted to get things right haha) and this one youtuber I watched had named his town Astoria after the town the Goonies took place in. I love that movie, and something about that name just kinda stuck? I tried hard to think of something else but I guess I just really like the the name!

My town name for New Leaf is "Yeux"

About one or two games ago, I think? I was doing a bit of a Coraline-esque theme in my naming. Les yeux means "eyes/the eyes" in French. In fact, I used to have a secondary character in New Leaf called Wybie, that i deleted a bit go.

Was going to name it Chocolate just because that's my favorite thing in the world. Couldn't fit the "e" so it worked out with the French spelling as my mayor ended up being a Lolita. My native fruit ended up being oranges which is a great combo with chocolate.

Last edited:
My town was named Pumpkin, I just thought it was a super adorable name and I loved naming cute things "Pumpkin", before I named the town it was the name of my oc's weapon :3

I posted on my first two towns but I've made Grimault since then, which I think was somebody's last name in a book I was reading and I really liked it for a town name.

Back