Mafia TBT Mafia General 2.0 - Setups/Bans/Info/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone care to send a former host to the Discord? Lost my invite when I switched accounts. Planning to host again very soon.

hello, hello

I miss you all! hope everything is going great and mafia is always winning :)

tell ryumia that i said that i’ll be w/ her in obs
i miss bowie
and tell waffles that i want her gif

also what has my life become lol

Last edited:
We should introduce a new gam?e to the board or maybe the staff could do something to bring awareness to the game. Maybe a mafia tournament for those bell weeks?

We should introduce a new gam?e to the board or maybe the staff could do something to bring awareness to the game. Maybe a mafia tournament for those bell weeks?

There is a game currently open for sign-ups. Unless the lack of participation is down to people having an issue with the host of the game or the theme then starting a new game probably won't have much impact.

Mafia doesn't have the mass appeal that would make it suitable for a Bell Tree Weeks event. If you want to promote The Cellar in any way I'd advise you do so with your own signatures.

Last edited:
There is a game currently open for sign-ups. Unless the lack of participation is down to people having an issue with the host of the game or the theme then starting a new game probably won't have much impact.

Mafia doesn't have the mass appeal that would make it suitable for a Bell Tree Weeks event. If you want to promote The Cellar in any way I'd advise you do so with your own signatures.

I meant a new game besides mafia. Like DND or something.

Mafia is dead and I don't see a new game animal crossing coming this year, imo. I think a community wide tournament in a form of bell week event could bring newcomers here and teach them mafia. The first day could be dedicated to teaching them how to play (or answering questions about gameplay) and the other 6 day could be the tournament itself. Doesn't have to be a bell week event (could be longer than a week) but you guys can give special collectibles and bells for playing. After the tournament, people may stick and continue playing. Yall can have offical coaches and get the users to host themed mafia games for the tournament.

TL;DR Mafia is dying and we can barely get people to play. Why not introduce the game to others in a form of a tournament with prizes to get them hooked!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Mafia is dead and I don't see a new game animal crossing coming this year, imo. I think a community wide tournament in a form of bell week event could bring newcomers here and teach them mafia. The first day could be dedicated to teaching them how to play (or answering questions about gameplay) and the other 6 day could be the tournament itself. Doesn't have to be a bell week event (could be longer than a week) but you guys can give special collectibles and bells for playing. After the tournament, people may stick and continue playing. Yall can have offical coaches and get the users to host themed mafia games for the tournament.

TL;DR Mafia is dying and we can barely get people to play. Why not introduce the game to others in a form of a tournament with prizes to get them hooked!

If you guys want to band together and organise something with participation prizes yourselves you're free to do so, but right now it's very unlikely staff will lead or provide anything for it. Mafia doesn't have a wide enough appeal for us to invest time in organising, running, and moderating something like this - not to mention the backlash we'd likely get from other members of the community (there was a lot of negativity when we even opened The Cellar) for focusing on mafia rather than something everyone is interested in. Also keep in mind that Tom and I are the only staff members who actually have any interest in mafia anymore.

For the record, TBT in general has slowed down a lot. Not just mafia.

Last edited:
If you guys want to band together and organise something with participation prizes yourselves you're free to do so, but right now it's very unlikely staff will lead or provide anything for it. Mafia doesn't have a wide enough appeal for us to invest time in organising, running, and moderating something like this - not to mention the backlash we'd likely get from other members of the community (there was a lot of negativity when we even opened The Cellar) for focusing on mafia rather than something everyone is interested in. Also keep in mind that Tom and I are the only staff members who actually have any interest in mafia anymore.

For the record, TBT in general has slowed down a lot. Not just mafia.

Ah, ok. Anyone want to organize a huge tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back