• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia TBT Mafia General 2.0 - Setups/Bans/Info/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooo, this looks nice.
I mod on a game called whodunnit on Roblox and play ToS so I may get into this, but honestly I just joined today so I may give it a couple of weeks before I join a game.

This is probably gonna be the last time I'll be playing for a while. I've been super busy with work and I still lost the confidence and motivation to play from AoT. I'll be sure to host my kingmaker, but I really can't play anymore. Sorry guys but peace

This is probably gonna be the last time I'll be playing for a while. I've been super busy with work and I still lost the confidence and motivation to play from AoT. I'll be sure to host my kingmaker, but I really can't play anymore. Sorry guys but peace

I'm sorry to hear that Daniel. Confidence can be reclaimed, and motivation can be found anew, but if you have limited time to work with and you're under constant pressure and stress from your employment situation, that's a whole other story. Have fun making all that 'cheddar', though! Buy yourself something nice in the end.

Can somebody actually please explain to me what happened while I was gone that everyone's just so... out of it? Like, I come back and everyone's all "TBT Mafia sucks," "X* happened in Y game...," "Kreelhaul it all," "Never playing Mafia here again," etc.

This is probably talking from a point of ignorance, but it's there nonetheless...

* - X is always really fuzzy and never explained in detail and is generally "what". i.e. "What happened in SU Mafia makes me think..."

oh no, I seriously miss playing Mafia here, I seem to have missed a ton of stuff though....
I would hope to come back into it after the summer, hopefully there will be a culture still available once I'm out of camp

Can somebody actually please explain to me what happened while I was gone that everyone's just so... out of it? Like, I come back and everyone's all "TBT Mafia sucks," "X* happened in Y game...," "Kreelhaul it all," "Never playing Mafia here again," etc.

This is probably talking from a point of ignorance, but it's there nonetheless...

* - X is always really fuzzy and never explained in detail and is generally "what". i.e. "What happened in SU Mafia makes me think..."

apparently 2 people cheated in 1 game but theyre banned from mafia right now
then a bunch of younger tbt members started playing and they all drop for stupid reasons and mess up games
so people are getting upset over all that which i personally dont understand but theyre probably comparing it to older times when things were possibly better.

Just a quick note: A couple of folks were interested in revamping mafia some more (rules and opening posts and more!), so if you're one of those interested folks might be a good time to jot down ideas. Can't promise everything will make it through whatever revisions we do, but here's your chance to make your mark on TBT mafia.

*Just know that none of these chances will take place until after the Fair at the earliest.

Just a quick note: A couple of folks were interested in revamping mafia some more (rules and opening posts and more!), so if you're one of those interested folks might be a good time to jot down ideas. Can't promise everything will make it through whatever revisions we do, but here's your chance to make your mark on TBT mafia.

*Just know that none of these chances will take place until after the Fair at the earliest.

The biggest thing i've seen with new players is "Oh well i mean it looks interesting buttttt I just don't understand the rules"

so maybe i'm thinking we should try to just simplify things a bit.

oh and also to encourage activity we should introduce Majority lynch

I feel like there should be colour's or tiers for each mafia game with the amount of difficulty. My first game was dolby's game, and it was really confusing as ness said. I think you could colour code them so it would 1) look more organised and 2) new players would have an understanding of what difficulty it could be. I don't know where I'm going with this so it might be hard to upkeep how difficult each game is going to be. Just thought I might shoot a random idea.

I feel like there should be colour's or tiers for each mafia game with the amount of difficulty. My first game was dolby's game, and it was really confusing as ness said. I think you could colour code them so it would 1) look more organised and 2) new players would have an understanding of what difficulty it could be. I don't know where I'm going with this so it might be hard to upkeep how difficult each game is going to be. Just thought I might shoot a random idea.

we already have a mafia for newbies

Exactly how much simpler would you make the game though
I don't think the game itself will get much easier, but trimming the opening posts is a start to make things easier. Maybe make a separate post for the original OP we've copied and pasted so many times as a fuller length guide.

The other idea is to tone down the salt and legitimatelly ban and enforce players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back