• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia-Korean War (Cancelled)

Dolby said:
General MacArthur(Mafia Roleblocker)
You are an American General responsible for the few American victories during the Korean war. You are completely against Juche and have a deep personal hatred for the Korean people, however, you have studied their military strategy in depth and know quite a lot about their behavior. Once each night, you may use your knowledge to prevent a player from using their role or any items they have.

You start out with 1 won, and gain 2 won each night you are alive

Mafia Win Condition: You win once Kim Il Sung and the Politburo have been eliminated, as well as all hostile third parties
you guys are ******** like seriously i NEVER get to be mafia and every game i have been has been horribad
and i generally do also get identified to be scum as town so i wasn't that worried

Thanks for roleblocking guess you were scared that I would shoot one of you. Oh also thanks for not letting me shoot a townie.

Dolby said:
South Korean Soldier(Mafia Goon)
You were prepared for the conflict with North Korea and you were among the first to intrude onto North Korea's sovergein territory. You have been trained to feel one thing towards your "comrades in the north". Hatred. You are prepared to give your life in the fight against communism

Mafia Win Condition: You win once Kim Il Sung and the Politburo have been eliminated, as well as all hostile third parties

We had that game in the bag.

We had that game in the bag.

I literally didn't push for u D2 solely because I didn't think you'd act so scummy as maf lmao + I knew minties was maf

I was tracker/watcher and was torn between tracking you and minties. I wish I would've posted my last second D1 reads, cause I scumread you and minties both but I later wrote that off because I thought it'd be unbalanced. didn't post them cuz I was one minute too late to the deadline

wow this is an absolute disappointment, and a shame since i was just getting into mafia and since dolby clearly put a lot of effort into hosting and coming up with the game and rules. excluding tae for obvious reasons y'all who dropped out are flakes. thank you for hosting and running this game though dolby - i really hope it doesn't put you off hosting altogether.

Yeah I blame myself for this game, I shouldn't have played if I didn't understand it, sorry ;~;

I literally didn't push for u D2 solely because I didn't think you'd act so scummy as maf lmao + I knew minties was maf

I was tracker/watcher and was torn between tracking you and minties. I wish I would've posted my last second D1 reads, cause I scumread you and minties both but I later wrote that off because I thought it'd be unbalanced. didn't post them cuz I was one minute too late to the deadline
It wouldn't have ended up mattering because I was going to night kill you tonight anyway.

@Sataric Thanks.

Side note: None of the "controlling behaviour" pointed out in thread was actually beneficial to mafia. Actually some of it made it harder for me to play and gave me less room to breath. Meta being used as the sole reason for something often backfires horribly, as seen multiple times throughout this game. The advice I was suggesting for prs was optimal. The whole fiasco regarding sending won to Sataric was hilarious considering I almost threw a spanner in the works to stop it happening initially, because it was just so, so beneficial to town. But I figured if I did that it'd be obvious I wasn't town aligned, due to my pesky reputation. I never once pushed on someone for a reason I believed to be invalid. (Although, I did dismiss pushes against my team-mates for invalid reasons.) My methodology playing the game was that I was 1 of 2 mafia teams, and I was attempting to find the other one. (The large number of third party roles made this a lot more interesting and worthwhile.) I was off track though. I thought that the third party were Oak and Ness.

As a last note, I was very, very impressed with you Tui. And don't take what I said too laterally: Meta is a very useful resource, it just shouldn't be used to completely justify a case by itself unless it's a juxtaposition of multiple games.

Wow I was right on Endless and Blu...

I'm really sorry my unexpected inactivity contributed to ruining this game. I know I suck as a player and I tried to motivate myself again this game, but after seeing I still suck horribly I don't think I should keep playing. I can't even play properly with work.

I'll do you guys a favor and not sign up for another game. I also think I'll be taking my game off the queue, as I don't have the time/motivation to host. Sorry for everything Dolby and to anyone else.

Yeah, I'm cancelling this game. I've had to many people drop out for it to be balanced, and I only see more modkills incoming. . I've had a quarter of the game drop out, lackluster play by almost everyone. Most of you had to be cohearsed to play. This game has been highlighted by two things, inactivity, lack of effort, and spam. Moreover, I am very disappointed in those of you who quit (except for tae, and Daniel somewhat). This is probably going to be my last post on TBT (at least for a few months). Any of you who were cohosting with me for future games, I might rejoin in the future, but I wouldn't recommend starting a game for at least a month, given the vibes and behavior of the playerbase right now.

Honestly Dolby I said I would stay in if needed, I even said If you can't find anyone don't worry. But before I could respond when you asked me you said you found a replacement. I only got out because I had homework and extra work and I feel like me not helping wouldn't be beneficial to town, as I didn't have time for detailed reads, ect.

Lol if you know you don't have time to play don't join. Or stop being a ***** and actually play.

Dolby I'm really sorry that I dropped out. The past few days I haven't just been busy but I was rejected by a girl when I asked her out. I just felt unmotivated to try to play the game, and it was selfish for me to drop out. I explained everything to sataric already before I dropped out and im sorry I didn't explain beforehand.

I'm not going to play another game here until August, but if I do come back before August I'll try to correct myself for this game.

Actions list(with purchases)
Mafia Chat
Old Obs and New obs

Item descriptions
Rice ration(1 won)-Uh oh. Looks like you've exceeded your daily allocated food ration. Eternal President is not pleased with your behavior. This item has been confiscated by the Korean People's Army in the name of Kim Il Sung. Thankfully, you do not have to go to the gulag

Shovel(Two won)-Using this shovel you may bury items (which may be buried, it'll state if they can), or you may dig a trench outside a players home, blocking any action they use that night
Modnote: Extends to include items

Census Records (3 won)-Use the census records to learn about the current game status
Modnote: Includes amount of players in each faction, items in circulation, and the items to be introduced the next day

Back