• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Withering flowers

kwark

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
My flowers keep withering, even if I water them every day. Why is that? It's really annoying!

Last edited:
But I don't TT. Only to go back or forward a few hours.

That's still time travelling. Not sure if going by hours would affect flowers though, but it definitely has the Turnip and Tom Nook side effects.

Um, the ones that are wilting... are you sure you watered them? It's just that the flowers don't sparkle in Wild World so it can be a bit tricky to tell where the watering can actually watered. :p

Alright, I don't actually know what I'm on about. Worth a stab, eh?

That's still time travelling. Not sure if going by hours would affect flowers though, but it definitely has the Turnip and Tom Nook side effects.

Um, the ones that are wilting... are you sure you watered them? It's just that the flowers don't sparkle in Wild World so it can be a bit tricky to tell where the watering can actually watered. :p

Alright, I don't actually know what I'm on about. Worth a stab, eh?

I'm not sure what the gold watering can radius is in this game. Does it cover 3x3, like in the other games?

I can imagine that the side effects still works despite being within the same day, because the game decides what's gonna happen the next day based on the current day, so it might trigger the effect to be activated the new day, but that's just my guess.
If you get the beautiful town ordinance it will be negated altogether though.

But this is WW. There are no ordinances in that game.

I don't know, I guess you should just keep the flowers in your house, just to be safe.

Last edited:
But this is WW. There are no ordinances in that game.

I don't know, I guess you should just keep the flowers in your house, just to be safe.

Ah my bad, I always find threads by looking through the "New Posts tab" So sometimes I don't think about that people could be talking about old games, but in WW TT causes even harsher punishments from what I've heard.

No one has answered my question. What is the radius for the gold watering can?

Some people said, it has exactly the same radius as the normal watering can. If that is true, that would make the gold watering can absolutely pointless in Wild World!

No one has answered my question. What is the radius for the gold watering can?

Some people said, it has exactly the same radius as the normal watering can. If that is true, that would make the gold watering can absolutely pointless in Wild World!

The golden watering can turns wilted black roses into gold roses. Looks to me as though it has the same radius.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Watering_Can

I forgot about that.

Anyway, does anyone know if villagers can water flowers in this game? That could explain why my flowers keep withering all the time.

I haven't done any TT last week and still my flowers keep withering, despite watering them every day.

Speaking of dying flowers, they need to look more obviously dead (dried up a bit), so nobody mistakes them for ultra-rare Brown Hybrids...

I forgot about that.

Anyway, does anyone know if villagers can water flowers in this game? That could explain why my flowers keep withering all the time.

I haven't done any TT last week and still my flowers keep withering, despite watering them every day.
villagers don't if i remember right

and btw if i remember right it really doesn't matter what you do to the flowers throughout a day
watering's sole purpose is to rejuvenate flowers in ww and possibly to encourage more flower growth

Back